+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg question ...

Is there an upper limit of how many eggs a 12 month or older should eat?
    Would four per week be ok?
    Is cholesterol or anything else an issue maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think moderation is the key, I'd probably think a maximum of 7 a week would be ok. Eggs are now back in the good books, I'm pretty sure they don't contain bad cholesterol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eggs contain good stuff. You could eat one a day no big deal. perfectly fine for kiddies. ..Our dietician at this hospital told me one a day for my daughter was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I thought so, I just wanted to double check

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My naturopath recommends 3 eggs a day as they are just so good for you!We go through 2 dozen a week easily! organic or omega 3 enriched ones are the most nutritious if you can get them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. We might try 5-7 a week to see how she goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to reiterate what others have said (as I'm sick of hearing from my 'fit chick' friends that they have to just have egg whites as they need lots of eggs and there's too much cholesterol), eggs have mainly good cholesterol. It actually helps our bodies to eradicate bad cholesterol. Any bad cholesterol in eggs is not assimilated by the body in the same way cholesterol from other sources. Eggs are a natural thing that we were designed to eat, so I don't get why we'd only eat part of them.

Sorry for the rant haha. To get back to your question, one a day is fine. I personally eat 2 a day usually but 4 a day currently as I'm pregnant and craving eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by quietlyhopeful View Post
    Just to reiterate what others have said (as I'm sick of hearing from my 'fit chick' friends that they have to just have egg whites as they need lots of eggs and there's too much cholesterol), eggs have mainly good cholesterol. It actually helps our bodies to eradicate bad cholesterol. Any bad cholesterol in eggs is not assimilated by the body in the same way cholesterol from other sources. Eggs are a natural thing that we were designed to eat, so I don't get why we'd only eat part of them.

Sorry for the rant haha. To get back to your question, one a day is fine. I personally eat 2 a day usually but 4 a day currently as I'm pregnant and craving eggs!
    Just agreeing!!!!
    My daughter has a rare genetic syndrome where her body actually doesn't make the good cholesterol we all need to grow/develop etc.
    I try to feed her as many eggs as I can because they are so good for you. .. And contain the cholesterol that her body lacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Just agreeing!!!!
    My daughter has a rare genetic syndrome where her body actually doesn't make the good cholesterol we all need to grow/develop etc.
    I try to feed her as many eggs as I can because they are so good for you. .. And contain the cholesterol that her body lacks.
    Does it make a difference what form its in? Are scrambled/fried/poached more effective than pancakes/baked goods? Aside from the quantity obviously)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Does it make a difference what form its in? Are scrambled/fried/poached more effective than pancakes/baked goods? Aside from the quantity obviously)
    Not that I've been told. Though I must admit I'm not sure about baked goods. But I do boiled. ..poached. ..scrambled etc. My dd isn't old enough. .. But I know other families who have older children with the syndrome and if they don't have eggs they start asking for them. Saying it helps them feel better. (Must add children with this syndrome are usually developmentally delayed so it's hard to get any firm evidence of how they feel with/without eggs).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

amyd  (21-02-2015)