Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    She'll be so floored 😄
    Nice pun!

OP: in all seriousness- please don't let this stress you out too much- it's so normal for little things like this to happen! If she makes you feel bad and carries on she's the one in the wrong - I really hope she surprises you somehow and doesn't flip her crazy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Tell her after you have the tile fixed. It's the right thing to do. Your mil can't be that bad if she allowed your family to move into her house (I hate guests that stay more than one night).
    We moved in because they asked us to. They wanted to travel around Australia for 12 months and wanted to keep their insurance viable and to look after their dog and for somebody to maintain their house

Trust me I really didn't want to but mil promised we'd only be together for a few weeks in the year. It gave us a chance to sell and upgrade to a bigger house stress free.

I'm never doing it again it's been an awful experience not having your own home or a place to feel comfortable in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you confess? I broke something!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    Nice pun!

OP: in all seriousness- please don't let this stress you out too much- it's so normal for little things like this to happen! If she makes you feel bad and carries on she's the one in the wrong - I really hope she surprises you somehow and doesn't flip her crazy..
    Exactly! It was an accident, it's a tiny little chip and honestly it happens. You didn't do it intentionally, if she makes a huge fuss then shes the one that's going to look ridiculous.

If you don't want things to be "used" or experience wear and tear then you shouldn't let anyone use, stand on or whatever it... It's a floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the biggest crock. Rare and expensive tiles? They look exactly the same as the ones I got laid on Monday at $25sq/m!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poisonapple For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (20-02-2015),MrsSS  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could you get an off white nail polish? A little dab would cover the concrete colour coming through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that you probably didn't even do it, @LittleMissSunshine! Dropping the cream cheese just caused you to notice the tile that was already chipped. Heck, she probably did it and already knows about it. Maybe SHE greased the cream cheese jar so YOU would drop it and think you'd broken the tile because she was so horrified that she chipped it. I'm absolutely certain that's what's happened here.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (21-02-2015),ElizaDoLittle  (20-02-2015),EverydayDreamer  (21-02-2015),FrothyFrog  (20-02-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (13-03-2015),HearMeRoar  (20-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (20-02-2015),KiWolf  (20-02-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-02-2015),Qwerty  (21-02-2015),waterlily  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that you probably didn't even do it, @LittleMissSunshine! Dropping the cream cheese just caused you to notice the tile that was already chipped. Heck, she probably did it and already knows about it. Maybe SHE greased the cream cheese jar so YOU would drop it and think you'd broken the tile because she was so horrified that she chipped it. I'm absolutely certain that's what's happened here.
    I second this!

Or maybe she broke something precious of yours and this is her way of making it even-game..

Have you lent your car to her recently??!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    I second this!

Or maybe she broke something precious of yours and this is her way of making it even-game..

Have you lent your car to her recently??!
    Thank god she can't drive!

I'm still *pretty* sure I'm responsible but not longer certain of it.
    Either way I'm not mentioning any tiny chip in a tile.
    I will still be really nervous when they first get home though and pray it's never brought up. She really can be intimidating for an old lady. And my god can she nag.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (13-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh geez...you poor thing. I'm in the don't fess up camp and very curious to know how it will go when they get home. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just started reading this thread. I agree with the majority - don't tell her! Like pp mentioned, it might have been there already. The only reason why you know it's chipped is because the jar you dropped landed in the same spot and it is now noticeable to you. You've probably walked over it 100 times already!!
    Otherwise, just offer to mop the floor every week until you move!!