+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! Feel much better that I'm not the only one. I find being the last to have kids everyone seems to be in overdrive with advice etc-I could open a book shop with all the sleep books I've been given. I just want to chill and enjoy bub but feel guilt I'm not doing 'the right thing'. Guess it's just the start of feeling guilty about everything!!

Hop everyone is traveling ok.

Huge congrats to you @miss bell. Hope you and bub are doing well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladybug14 do whatever feels right for you. Everyone gives well meaning advice - take it all with a grain of salt. And yep - no matter what you do *someone* will think its not the right thing to do. Be informed (health and safety) but otherwise - trust and go with your gut.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015),ladybug14  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny, with DS1 I held him for his naps for 12 weeks. Then I went to a day long sleep school who showed me how to settle him in his cot. It took me a whole month to train him and it was quite stressful, but afterwards he took all naps in cot from 5 mos onwards no problem and was able to self settle.

Now within DS2 getting bigger and nearing 5 mos I'd like to have him nap in cot but I am avoiding that training process as I don't want the stress! And I enjoy holding him. But my nipples are really sore, he doesn't take a dummy so sooner or later I'll have to try something...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canuck28 For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015),KitiK  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I haven't posted much in this thread (sort of straddled two DIG groups being due at the end of June) but had to post for the record

My bub was born today after having my waters broken this morning. Labour was a short and very intense 4hrs! I wanted a natural as possible delivery after having forceps and spinal block for DS. Well I got it (with tens and gas only). Another posterior baby, midwife said my pelvis shape is probably why my bubs like coming sunny side up! Her name is Xanthe and she's 4.2kg.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (26-06-2015),canuck28  (26-06-2015),HavingitAll  (27-06-2015),ScubaGal  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats #akakura. Big girl x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    Hi girls,

I haven't posted much in this thread (sort of straddled two DIG groups being due at the end of June) but had to post for the record

My bub was born today after having my waters broken this morning. Labour was a short and very intense 4hrs! I wanted a natural as possible delivery after having forceps and spinal block for DS. Well I got it (with tens and gas only). Another posterior baby, midwife said my pelvis shape is probably why my bubs like coming sunny side up! Her name is Xanthe and she's 4.2kg.
    Congrats Hun, very pleased for you and thanks for updating us 🎉🎉🎉

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @akakura! Oh my 4.2 kg wow! You did a great job posterior and all!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    Hi girls,

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your little lady x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Thanks ladies! Feel much better that I'm not the only one. I find being the last to have kids everyone seems to be in overdrive with advice etc-I could open a book shop with all the sleep books I've been given. I just want to chill and enjoy bub but feel guilt I'm not doing 'the right thing'. Guess it's just the start of feeling guilty about everything!!

Hop everyone is traveling ok.

Huge congrats to you @miss bell. Hope you and bub are doing well.
    It's hard as no one has your bub so only you know and can decide what's best. I had to sleep train DD at 8 weeks as she was taking hours to rock to sleep but otherwise she was a happy bub and it took persistence but we got there.

DS is not a happy bub, he is cranky and has no routine yet where as my DD set her own routine early on. I find im holding DS at night a lot! I don't really like it but im doing what I need to to get through and after 6-8 weeks ill reassess. I know I'll likely need to sleep train but I think doing it at the moment would be futile so I'll wait a bit longer.

I think my DS has colic as he is becoming more and more unsettled. I'm going to the midwife tomorrow and doc on Monday.

I also am suffering from intense abdominal pain for the last 24 hours! So tomorrow I'm going to my OB, no idea what it is, hoping it's not retained product!