+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @canuck28 Heath is gorgeous, and he doesn't look like a preemie at all- so lovely to hear he is home and in good health!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just gorgeous @canuck28 glad things are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @canuck28, he's so cute! Fantastic you're home and doing well. Enjoy having your mum. Hope it's not too cold up there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow looking awesome nezz29☺️
    Little guy is beautiful cunuck hope he is a good sleeper😉.
    Had midwife appointment today and my first internal😳😳😳😳. Good news is baby is engaged and cervix is thinning. Yay. Booked me in on 17th for induction. Let's just hope it comes before then.
    Hope u all well😘

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (05-03-2015),HavingitAll  (06-03-2015),KitiK  (05-03-2015),ladybug14  (05-03-2015),Nezz79  (06-03-2015),nvandmv  (06-03-2015),ScubaGal  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, sarahf. Here's hoping bub comes sooner ... but either way, it'll come quick! How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

About visitors:

My mum is actually becoming very keen to visit us and that's very very scary!

It's 3 leg international flight from Oz to Colombia and at the end almost no-one speaks English.

Also add - my mum has only flow internationally three times - Oz-UK x 1, Oz-Fiji x 2. She has never flown alone. She doesn't know a word of Spanish. And we live at high altitiude (2600m).

We plan on getting a maid in the next few weeks (at $300/ month we'd be stupid not to) and the maid will not speak any English (I'm fluent in Spanish).

And of course Colombia is a completely different culture to Oz.

I've explained how hard it might all be to mum be she's adamant (and Dad doesn't wan't to be abandoned either!).

And I'm also worried because my sister said that mum didn't let her have any time away from the baby at all when mum stayed with her - she had to take the baby to the bathroom/ toilet with her and everything. My sister said that it wasn't until I visited when my niece was 3 weeks old that my sister got her first stress-free baby-free time.

So if mum does visit us there could be a few rants on here!

HIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sux HIA, can you encourage a later visit? My mum has said that this is immediate family time and she wont come (from interstate) for a few months. This is my 3rd c section too and she understands recovery can be tough so thankfully will leave me to it for a bit. I have DH at home so that is all the help I need. I have also told my dh family not to visit me in hospital and to wait until we are home, and they are invited (we will see if they respect my wishes...) I have been known to be not so nice about certain things, particulalry when I have previously made my own wishes known....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (06-03-2015),HavingitAll  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my monster in law rocking up & expecting to stay & I dare say that will include the monster sister in law + her 2 kids... when I'm bringing my 1st ever baby home from the hospital. DH finds it hard to tell them to back off. Not only will there be some rants from me on this page too, there'll be many rants at the house! Unfair!!!! Cause I shouldn't be stressed with a new baby If only everyone was considerate, hey!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want visitors at the hospital. All of my side of the family are within a 20 minute drive from us and I know some of my aunties in particular will just come up without even checking, probably on the day the baby is born, and I really don't want that. My brother, his partner and 4 children rocked up to the hospital on the day another baby in our family was born, and I think that's just a bit rude. I'm going to have to make it known to everyone that I will let everyone know when it's OK to visit. I probably sound like a grumpy cow, but I really just want it to be as peaceful as possible for the first few days. @BabyOB some of my DHs family want to come over from WA to visit right at the time the baby is due, and that is stressing me out too. This is my first baby, I will be learning as I go, and I don't want the extra pressure of having people staying with us. We haven't seen them for 18 months and it would be nice to see them, just not right then. DH doesn't see where I'm coming from at all, which is incredibly frustrating. He's just looking forward to seeing them. Ahhh!!
    Last edited by nvandmv; 06-03-2015 at 07:18.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (06-03-2015),HavingitAll  (07-03-2015),ScubaGal  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm along the lines of 'visit when it's approved' (hospital & home) too ladies. It's the biggest thing we go through & of course men can't completely understand because they have not experienced any of it along the way...but maybe take time out to consider WHY we say what we are saying! I'd been saying how we will contact everyone once we have had our time etc after the birth & when we are ready for parents to visit when my step mum says "can I be there when you get admitted - I can get food & coffee for hubby" to which he just sat in silence for me to answer. Thanks for the support. Lol

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (07-03-2015),KitiK  (06-03-2015)