+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So everyone who is ff. .. what bottle and formula do you find works for you and your baby? I am trying to wean Ds1 but after 1 successful bottle, he wont have a bar of it. Just screams for literally hours before I give him the boob instead :/ help! I have tried Avent and Pigeon bottle and s26 Lactose free (which tastes gross btw....) any help/recommendations appreciated.

I am also curious about pooh this time... ds1 smells literally like honey (closest I can describe is that or the smell a bottlebrush gives off in full flower...?!) Even DH can smell it - it is nicer than that sh!z smell but I am curious about it (dont think its maple syrup syndrome...!) Maybe my milk is sweet - hence hating formula...? :/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK i use avent bottles and nan ha gold. DS has no problems with the bottles or drinking the formula but I'm starting to wonder whether I should swap formula as his fluffs are putrid! He can clear a room 😑 haha!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015),KitiK  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no tips @KitiK because bub has been on the same bottles & formula since having to be introduced. He has been on S26 Gold Newborn as that's what he was given in hospital for his blood sugar levels. We did try Nan HA Gold but he would scream each bottle. I have heard of Dr Brown bottles. Medela is meant to be the closest to a nipple so maybe give that a go?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-06-2015),KitiK  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitik I use advent bottle which I must say ain't that great. And nan pro gold which I haven't had any problems at all. Accidentally changed to nan ah gold and he did the worst poos ever rookie mistake. Ha ha.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use closer to nature bottles and am currently using Novalac colic formula. I started them on Heinz Nurture gold but upset them too much with wind and really smelly farts and they only pooed once a week. My DD1 was on it with no problems though!

Only problem with Novalac it is in a smaller can and costs $28 and only last me with twins 5/6 days so I am currently trying to go back to bf. The dr prescribed me domperidone which is supposed to increase milk so will see how I go. I've had very little luck with fenugreek and the lactation cookies I made, but I have been told that relactation is possible as I never really stopped expressing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Nezz79 I might try the colic formula. My little man seems to get wind bad - even from BF... I have a box of mixed lactation cookies if you want to try them? They are the Pinky Mckay boobie bickies - all individually wrapped. I don't need them! And at about 130 cals each they arent helping my weight loss! Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Nezz79, I was put on Domperidone to 'establish a supply' however when I asked my GP then ObGyn for a new script (as my lc midwife went overseas) both of them told me it's not actually suitable for use when bf. My ObGyn also called my Pediatrician who said to stop taking it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Thanks @Nezz79 I might try the colic formula. My little man seems to get wind bad - even from BF... I have a box of mixed lactation cookies if you want to try them? They are the Pinky Mckay boobie bickies - all individually wrapped. I don't need them! And at about 130 cals each they arent helping my weight loss! Haha!
    Thanks for the offer but I'm in perth. I made my own from googling the recipe yeah they are full of sugar too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyOB View Post
    Hey @Nezz79, I was put on Domperidone to 'establish a supply' however when I asked my GP then ObGyn for a new script (as my lc midwife went overseas) both of them told me it's not actually suitable for use when bf. My ObGyn also called my Pediatrician who said to stop taking it...
    Thanks for letting me know. The health nurse told me about it today so made an appointment with GP and he was happy to prescribe it. I think there are mixed feelings about it but there is no evidence to support whether or not it is suitable. I'm going to give it a go I really want my milk supply back then I will stop them. I also have an appointment on Monday with lac consultant so will ask her too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahf when you accidently swapped to nan ha gold did your DS poos go greenish? My DS has green poops and the worse smelling gas on this formula. How is your DS on the pro?