+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @stephgus my heart breaks for you. Such terrible news. Beautiful names you gave to your precious babies. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. I didn't want to upset people

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stephgus - my heart goes out to you. I hope you have all the love and support that you need and if course we ladies here will be here for you however we can be.

Please don't worry about anyone else at this time - you need your strength to heal yourself.
    Last edited by HavingitAll; 18-05-2015 at 02:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Stephgus, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself there really are no words xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal I feel your pain. I was 11 days late and thought it would never happen. It didn't matter what I tried she just wasn't ready. Hope things start happening for you soon x

Little Mila is a week old already I can't believe it. Had heaps of trouble getting her to attach to the boob. Turns out I have one inverted nipple and one flat nipple which was making things so hard. I was getting so frustrated that she wouldn't take the boob and was thinking it wasn't going to happen. Midwife gave me a nipple shield and after a couple days of persevering Mila has finally got it. I had been getting so exhausted with all the expressing but I really wanted her to have the breast milk! Now with the nipple shield she is feeding well every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours from 8.30 at night til 8.30 in the morning. Hoping she will eventually maybe attach on the nipple but am happy to use the nipple shield if it means I can breast feed.

hope everyone is doing well xxx

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crazycat For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (18-05-2015),Happyma  (18-05-2015),HavingitAll  (19-05-2015),KitiK  (18-05-2015),ScubaGal  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww beautiful names for your little angels. Pippa and Samuel you are loved! You're so kind to think of us stephgus, we appreciate it and we're all thinking of you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there scubagirl, it won't be long now!

Glad you've found some rhythm with your BFing crazycat - it's challenging hey!! Good on you for sticking with it.

Little Oliver is doing well...he's 2 months tomorrow and an absolute porker. Can't really call him little anymore lol. We're exclusively FFing now. It's been a hard road, but hubby decided a week ago that was best for all of us. I'm glad he did because I didn't have the strength too.....I probably would have pushed myself to the point of PND if it were up to me anyway it's not what I wanted but luckily I have plenty of training with that after our IVF and pregnancy journey. I think it will take a while to really come to terms with but I'm just allowing myself to have that time.

My tummy is still quite sore. I ended up with a uterus infection which was only diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. I'm on my third ground of antibiotics and I *think* they are working. Crossing fingers, I'm quite over being in pain!!

That's our update for now

ps kitkat we're going back to Brissie for a while and then the goal is to sell our house and buy a property on the darling downs...somewhere around Nobby / Warwick.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (19-05-2015),KitiK  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Happyma I feel your pain. My docs want to stop my motilium as its purpose is to establish the supply but all its doing is giving me enough to give little one some breast. Not enough to satisfy him though. So...this week we will make the decision of where to go from here. Breaks my heart to have to do this as "breast is best" but it certainly isn't a possibility for everyone. Then you find yourself having to justify it to happy bf mother friends! Have fun in Brisbane, that's where we did our IVF & my bestie lives there. Love Brisbane

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (18-05-2015),HavingitAll  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh that sucks that you're still struggling. I think there should be a rule that says anyone that has to do IVF gets no issues with BFing!! I'm heartbroken too. Hard to get past the feelings of guilt

yeah we're very excited to get home. Will be great to have familly and friends around again after the 3.5 years over here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyOB and @Happyma don't feel guilty, you gave it a red hot go and you are doing what is best for you and your baby. I am a bit more on the selfish side, I have now been pregnant or breastfeeding kids for about 5 years in total and want my body back to myself! I am going to comp feed from here on in, in order to wean at some point in the future. I feel bad that I gave the girls 9-10 months of bf each and am piking after only 6 weeks, but am totally over not having any freedom what so ever! (5 years is long enough for me!) DH is supportive and while part of me want to continue to bf, the other part is totally ready for the dependence to be over!

I will let you know how I go... DH just thinks it is shoving a bottle in, but its a bit more complicated than that! Especially since my supply is not likely to just die off anytime soon....
    Last edited by KitiK; 18-05-2015 at 17:30.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (18-05-2015),HavingitAll  (19-05-2015)