+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @sarahf just a suggestion but have you tried Pinky Mckays Booby Bikkies? They are a bit pricey, but worth it IMO (I'm having one now )
    No I just looked them up will give it a go thanks☺️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sarahf your doing better than I... My boobs are definitely fuller but not hard, and I am only getting maybe 10 ml for both boobs when expressing... I am putting Wyatt on to start with but I know he's not getting much has I still have to use nipple shields for him to latch on and there isn't much showing up in them when he releases...and there isn't much swallowing sounds while he's attached.

Have kinda given up on the supply line through the nipple shield... Just so time consuming so now I have bub on each boob for about 10 to 15 mins if I can keep him there that long... Then a bottle to top him up... I then express for another ten to 15 mins and add any expressed milk to his next bottle...

Hoping this gets a bit easier... Can't believe Wyatt is a week old to night at 11:55 pm... Doesn't seem possible I have known him for that long already ...

GP appointment on Monday... So will see what he thinks...

Sweet dreams everyone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (12-04-2015),HavingitAll  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahf and @Soques, I always found it really hard to express, you have to be relaxed for your let down reflex to work and I never felt relaxed expressing so never really got a lot - although my actual suppy was good - baby would latch, suck, I could feel the let down, see the milk at the sides of bubs mouth and they all put on weight. My babies never fed for more than about 20mins at a time and only ever took one side per feed. I don't know what the answer is, but I hope you find a solution that works for you x

Hoping this experience will be a good one.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (12-04-2015),HavingitAll  (12-04-2015),sarahf  (13-04-2015),Soques  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. We welcomed our gorgeous boy at 6:52pm 9/4/15 by c section following a failed induction. Once cut open we found bub with cord tightly double wrapped around his neck. He was straight off to special care & last night was my first night with him. His blood sugar was low so was on an IV to keep his levels regular & saline for hydration so when they took him off last night he failed to feed as he hadn't had to learn how. His heels have been regularly pricked & his blood curdling screams are horrific! Today they had to top him with formula as his blood sugar was too low. Broke my heart & I felt like such a failure. I realise though...for some people, it just won't happen like a natural birth can never be guaranteed. This afternoon though he has his latch worked out & is signaling his want for a feed. I bought feeding biccy's - don't know what brand but willing to give anything a good go! I will also be sure to see a private Lactation Consultant just to be sure I've got it worked out as all the staff at the Mater Hospital have differing advice!

I'm writing all this as I lay in the bed with my beautiful froggy on my chest. So much love!

Good luck to the ladies waiting! It's been truly magical, evening at the hardest moments!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Crazycat  (13-04-2015),Happyma  (12-04-2015),HavingitAll  (12-04-2015),que sera sera  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of your little boy @BabyOB! Now the real fun begins, so glad he is here safely. Failed? You just gave birth to a perfect little boy - safely. You are ace mate.

I am sorry your induction didn't go as planned, but it looks as though that was the best/safest outcome for you and bub. Sort of glad in a way that you were induced early and had to have a c section and found out about the cord rather than go to term and birth naturally and/or risk a cord accident the longer you progressed. So scary, so lucky.

I bet you have so many emotions running through you right now. Rest up and take it easy - thinking of you!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (11-04-2015),HavingitAll  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @KitiK. So glad we elected early based on hubby's roster. Don't even want to imagine the possible outcome. It was that tight! Right now, I never want to close my eyes as I love staring at him! He's so perfect! Hehe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (12-04-2015),KitiK  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, very, very lucky - just don't even want to think.... enjoy every second with him, they really arent babies long, time flies. Breathe deep that new baby smell, they really are a blessing!

The worry doesn't stop btw, it just changes in context of their age. I am just so pleased everything turned out well, I bet your DH is over the moon!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (11-04-2015),HavingitAll  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Proudest dad!! He was just full of admiration during the c sect. Honestly we have loved every minute since then! He will be one spoilt baby cause he is a very special baby, especially being #1. Hehe

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (12-04-2015),KitiK  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS @BabyOB!!!

There is no such thing as failure - you cared for your baby inside you for many months and now he us here

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (12-04-2015),KitiK  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OB visit last night - baby has big head and my pelvis hasn't expanded much at all (no waddling!). He's ~3kg now at 37 weeks.

So we're booked for a c-section on 21 April.

Scary thing is he has the cord around his neck! But still wriggling aplenty. So glad your bubba is fine after his cord incident @BabyOB

Did i tell you lovely ladies that we are moving house on Monday? Our principal client terminated our contract and so we lose the apartment they provide plus they owe us 3 months in invoices. It's just the sorta stress we need right now!

HIA

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (12-04-2015),KitiK  (12-04-2015)