+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahf View Post
    Happyma I'm still also in struggle town. I've been so stressed with it all Levi wasn't putting on any weight and all I did was feed and pump and cry. We were all stressed so I have turned to the dark side with a lot of guilt and sadness I have been mix feeding and only pumping as my boobs are just not coping. I had appointment with community nurse today and was dreading the conversation but she was cool about it and Levi had put on 310g so now back at birth weight. So just have to keep it up and take every day as it comes. Hope it works out for u and all your hard work pays of😘
    Scubagirl u poor love that sucks hope u feel better real soon
    Babyob best of luck hope it all goes well😘
    Sorry to hear that it's been hard for you too. But.....selfishly relieved it's not just me. And also not just me that's emotional about it

Does mixed feed mean some expressed milk and some formula???

Oh and side note...to add insult to injury. After pumping about 140mls this morning I dropped the whole lot on the floor!!!! I called DH in tears and his response was "don't cry over spilt milk" OMG

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Happyma, the hormones that help to make milk (prolactin) can also make you feel quite emotional / sad. I literally cried every feed during the first 6 weeks with dd1. My poor DH didnt know what to suggest (I'd snap if he mentioned formula, but cry about bf) he was so very supportive of my decision and just tried to remind me that it would get easier and that he was there to help - and that if I changed my mind he would support me no matter what, it wasnt the end of the world. I felt a similar upset about my 1st birth - while I wasn't separated from bub and she had no health issues, 1st time I wanted a natural birth and ended up with an emergency c sec. It really did impact on everything post birth for a long while, it was traumatising! I couldnt mention feeding (or feed) without crying too, it does get better. Birth can be traumatic, so much more so these days I think because we are isolated from the event in the community till it happens to us. I was lucky I got to see both my sisters birth their 1st kids and was close to my sister who bf successfully as well as my neighbour at the time who had 4 kids and bf successfully. I was lucky, i had seen it and learnt how before I had to - and it was still hard. Ok I'm rambling now!

If you need to talk to someone - happy for you to pm anytime. There are some other great bf resources avail through the Aust BF Assoc / a lactation consultant if need be, or the MCHN at your local health clinic. x

I also found that after a while, my let down reflex would (instead of triggering tears) trigger an overwhelming tiredness to the point I could fall asleep! Lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (07-04-2015),Happyma  (07-04-2015),HavingitAll  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyOB goodluck!! Can't wait to hear the good news.
    @scubagirl Hope you feel better soon, that sucks so much about catching whooping cough.

Did anyone else find it hard for their DH or other immediate family members to get the whooping cough vac due to the shortage? I was fine to get it but DH had to wait til today as the doc had run out and the nurse told us they've run out again and have to wait to order it.

Aw I hope you girls who are having troubles feeding are okay! I've been reading along- sending hugs! I will be there in 5wks.. you guys will be pro by then and can help me out

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (07-04-2015),HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post

Oh and side note...to add insult to injury. After pumping about 140mls this morning I dropped the whole lot on the floor!!!! I called DH in tears and his response was "don't cry over spilt milk" OMG
    Wow 140ml is awesone! And your DH sounds like classic! Ha! So unfair though after all the effort!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Bundle of joy - we got a script & were told at the docs we wouldn't find one so we went home & I called around all the small, tucked away pharmacies & got hubby one of the last in our town! Everyone else's are just starting to arrive this week so yeah, extremely hard to get a hold of!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (07-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Sorry to hear that it's been hard for you too. But.....selfishly relieved it's not just me. And also not just me that's emotional about it

Does mixed feed mean some expressed milk and some formula???

Yep formula and expressed bobbie. It is nice not to feel alone☺️. Man I would have been devastated if I'd dropped that to. 😳 hope it gets better real soon😘

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep rambling kitik!! PLEASE
    @sarahf let's be Pumping buddies. Actually that sounds kinda weird

We had heaps of trouble finding vaccines too. Eventually got there, but was hard work!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),sarahf  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps kitik just screen shoted your last post and emailed to DH to read. It's spot on what I need to communicate to him so thanks xxx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-04-2015),sarahf  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    So we've got four to come in April now right?
    @BabyOB @nvandmv @GeorgieNE @Crazycat

So exciting!
    Technically I'm booked in April (40 weeks) but my Dr says he won't let me past 38.5 weeks as IVF + 43 year old has a higher rate of stillborn and complications.

So our revised DD is 23 April and this will be confirmed later this week.

HIA

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (08-04-2015),KitiK  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal - what's the Pregnancy Birth and Baby hotline??? What's the number?

HIA