+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 113 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Happyma, bf really does get easier! Although I know right now it might be hard to believe, it does actually become really satisfying. It can just take some time thats all. Thier little mouths grow quick so they can fit more of you b00b into their mouth (which hurts much less than nipple feeding!) The colostrum is very important and excellent nutrition for babies, you have done a fantastic job getting past that bit! Its all an extra bonus now! What a great start to life x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (07-04-2015),HavingitAll  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck for a quick, easy delivery @BabyOB. So exciting!!
    @ScubaGal, have you ended up with whooping cough? Hope you're ok. Probably great for antibodies for bub though.
    @Happyma, love the pic. What a cutie. Glad it's all going well. Enjoy the help because I'm sure you'll do just fine once your family are gone.

Ladies who are/have breastfed, how much boobie growth should I expect once my milk comes in? Extra cup size? Want to grab some nursing bras before bub is born cos it's an absolute mission into the city and I don't fancy having to do it with a newborn.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Best of luck for a quick, easy delivery @BabyOB. So exciting!!
    @ScubaGal, have you ended up with whooping cough? Hope you're ok. Probably great for antibodies for bub though.
    @Happyma, love the pic. What a cutie. Glad it's all going well. Enjoy the help because I'm sure you'll do just fine once your family are gone.

Ladies who are/have breastfed, how much boobie growth should I expect once my milk comes in? Extra cup size? Want to grab some nursing bras before bub is born cos it's an absolute mission into the city and I don't fancy having to do it with a newborn.
    Yep, got whooping cough. It sucks but only a few more days of hardcore antibiotics to go then it's just waiting for the cough to go. Bubs should get some immunity which is good.

I'm vaccinated but just one of the unlucky 15% who can still catch it when vaccinated.

Ps I want to know the answer to the same question about cup size and milk coming in...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everyone had a great easter. I went away for the weekend camping and had a great time.

Congrats @Soques and glad things happened naturally for you. Your little boy is beautiful.

3 weeks to go for me I cant wait. I have been loving all the stories.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazycat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happyma I'm still also in struggle town. I've been so stressed with it all Levi wasn't putting on any weight and all I did was feed and pump and cry. We were all stressed so I have turned to the dark side with a lot of guilt and sadness I have been mix feeding and only pumping as my boobs are just not coping. I had appointment with community nurse today and was dreading the conversation but she was cool about it and Levi had put on 310g so now back at birth weight. So just have to keep it up and take every day as it comes. Hope it works out for u and all your hard work pays of😘
    Scubagirl u poor love that sucks hope u feel better real soon
    Babyob best of luck hope it all goes well😘

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (07-04-2015),Happyma  (07-04-2015),HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladybug14 & @ScubaGal 1st time I was a normal 12C - once my milk came in I was a 14F! Yes F!!! Those babies started under my chin and i had enough milk to cater for a small African village! I could never have predicted that. I would suggest buying the crop type (i got one this time from bras n things) to tide me over until i could get properly fitted (im still wearing it...) word of advice though, if you go to get fitted post baby, take some breast pads with you! Nothing worse than ruining a retailers bras during a fitting they get a bit unhappy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @Happyma, bf really does get easier! Although I know right now it might be hard to believe, it does actually become really satisfying. It can just take some time thats all. Thier little mouths grow quick so they can fit more of you b00b into their mouth (which hurts much less than nipple feeding!) The colostrum is very important and excellent nutrition for babies, you have done a fantastic job getting past that bit! Its all an extra bonus now! What a great start to life x
    Thanks Hun. I keep telling myself that too! I need to just take the pressure off myself you know. I'm sure once I'm feeling physically better and stronger and gotten over the emotional trauma of not having bub for the first two days I'll kick it

Congrats on your little man. You can sooo tell that you're not a first timer lol. I look forward to that confidence that I know will come after a few weeks. And once BF is easier. I'm determined to not make any decisions about stopping/formula etc until after 6 weeks. I have a good feeling it will get easier and am staying positive. To be honest it just the weird impulse to cry anytime I talk about anything to do with feeding. I'm sure there's something there that's linked to feeling responsible about the breathing trouble he had at birth and not being able to skin to skin and feed straight away. Yep, here come the tears now!

Did I mention I missed you guys xoxo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahf dont feel bad about doing whatever you have to in order to feed your baby (healthy ff baby, is better than bf baby with worn out mum in pain!) The only thing you should ever feel guilty about is not doing what works for YOU! big hugs, i know the struggle, i hope things get easier to manage x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyOB I'm so excited for you. It's an experience like no other! Look forward to hearing your news.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (07-04-2015),KitiK  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Bub's not 100% ready but sadly hubby can't just sit around waiting & my doc is going away so we will try for the induction & if it's no good by Thursday evening we will go for c sect. But whatever brings him here & safely. I can't wait to hold him. My dreams will all come true this week ♡ Can't wait to share our news. Xx

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (08-04-2015),Crazycat  (08-04-2015),Happyma  (07-04-2015),HavingitAll  (08-04-2015),ScubaGal  (07-04-2015)