+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps: also for the how many to thaw, it depends on how they were frozen. Blasts that were frozen using vitrification have a 90% successful thaw rate so using that as a guide, i would probably only aim for 1 at a time...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK - I will be first time Mum/First time breastfeeding. I'm pretty determined to make it work, and im thinking positively as my Mum, Nan and Cousin all breastfed like absolute champs, in fact I know my Nan supplied milk to other peoples babies in the hospital cause she had so much, and my cousin has tonnes of milk. I wish my Mum was still around so I could ask her about her experiences. My thyroid is well treated so hopefully that wont effect milk supply.So any tips or tricks you have, send them my way!!
    @Soques - I am thinking about the same thing, I'm 32 and have 2 frosties. We definitely want 2 kids, maybe 3 at a pinch. Age is a slight factor but mainly because we want top move to Scotland for a few years next year, I was hoping to have my transfer/s before we leave, so I'm aiming for a 9 month gap before going back to try again. If those 2 don't stick then I might have to look into IVF in Scotland...which would be annoying because my healthcover wont mean squat there and I'd have to start again and wait 12 months. I know what you mean, probably shouldn't be stressing about #2 and #3 when i haven't had the first yet. lol. But im a planner!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-02-2015),KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ICSI/FET due group March/April/May/June #2

@Cherrymum2be yea it's hard... I have five prefect blasts frozen... So not sure I want to go through another stim cycle either... And as my very first transfer stuck I think I'm a bit oppotmistic that it was just the fact we couldn't get eggs and sperm together as the reason for not being able to fall naturally...
    @KitiK I will also be breastfeeding... Hoping that it helps get rid of some of the boob I have... So very determined to make a go at it... I understand the complications... My soon to be godmother of my baby gave me the BabyLove book for Christmas and said its the baby bible... Been reading it and the first quarter of the book is primarily for breastfeeding.. very informative and instructive.

Takes some of the after birth pressure off... Well 36 weeks on Sunday ... Can't wait.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (27-02-2015),KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It's a tough call working out what to do for siblings isn't it @Cherrymum2be and @Soques

We've got two on ice and I'm torn between whether we transfer another and risk struggling for a third or do another stim cycle.

I would just do the stim but I don't want to produce more embryos than I'm willing to carry if you know what I mean. I feel quite attached to them.
    @Soques your pool is looking good - do you think you'll get a chance to swim in it before Bub arrives?

AFM I'm home on bedrest for a week. The Pelvic girdle pain has flared up badly enough that I can't walk without crutches so hopefully a week of resting will calm it down a bit.

The obstetrician yesterday threatened me with being admitted to hospital for bedrest and hinted at things like early induction or c-section if the pain gets too much so I'm determined to follow doctors orders...although I did have to clean the kitchen this morning, after I've been away travelling for work the last two weeks and DH has focused on renovations it was getting to be a critical situation ...

I draw the line at what was in the fruit bowl...trust me you don't want to know.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (01-03-2015),KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK, you're such a good source of info!

The second, third, fourth (I'd like a tribe!!).....baby thing is on my mind too-although i'd rather relax and enjoy the moment-it's so hard! We used our last two frosties this cycle so have no choice but to go back for a stim which I dread. Oh well!

Can't believe so many are so close to births! So exciting!
    @ScubaGal, hope the bed rest helps. Do you find it's a burning pain? Mine feels like someone is holding a flame to my skin. Did you get a support belt? I'm quite in love with mine! DH calls me a sumo wrestler-it's not overly attractive!!

So what do you all think, if I've still got nausea at 29 weeks, am I likely stuck with it the whole pregnancy?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really appreciate your comments @KitiK! Maybe I've heard too many horror stories but this pregnancy has been easier than expected. The hard part was getting pregnant and all the worries we IVF-ers have that most people never even think about.

I'll be trying to breastfeed, first time so availbility for questions will be fabulous.

HIA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cherrymum2be and @Soques - I have no frosties. Wish I did.

They say with a c-section you should wait at least 9 months to get pregnant again? anyone know about that?
    @Soques - that's baby love by Robin Barker?

HIA

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal hope the bed rest helps, that pain sounds awful!

We only have the 1 frostie and are looking at going back around 10mths post birth (pending all goes well). I think once you go through IVF you understand how quickly time can go by and how you do need to plan, esp if you get a failed cycle.

We only want 2 kids and DH said the other night "what happens if we fall pregnant naturally?" My response, "that would be a miracle, but we would still have to go back for our frozen kid as well." I just couldn't leave that 1 embryo in the freezer, I'm attached to it.
    @KitiK I will give breastfeeding a good go and will try expressing after the 1st month. Any infant meds I should have in the cabinet for newborn/baby for fever/cold etc? I rather have essentials on hand now. haha can you tell I'm a 1st time mum?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (01-03-2015),KitiK  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found bf the first time hard, but got there eventually! After about 6 weeks thing started to feel more settled. I always felt more comfy with one side than the other too. I was never able to express very well (hand or pump, but would just spray everywhere if relaxed under a warm shower - ah the relief!) But did try a few times and got a bit to keep, it was just not comfortable...

Things I have on hand for a newborn are - baby oil to clean his/her bottom after the first black (meconium) pooh because that stuff is STICKY as all get out and hard to get off, the oil helps, just be careful cos it makes them slippery too! As far as health and colds go, cant go past a good thermometer, a humidifier (or use a warm shower to loosen and mucous) a snot sucker (sorry dont know the technical term...) and plenty of cloth nappies to wipe up spills (i use one tucked into the bassinet firmly to catch any vomits so I dont have to change the sheets everyday (lazy I know). I wouldnt bother with nail clippers etc it is better to bite thier nails off yourself (i know, gross, but you do wash thier hands and you have a better sense of feel so you dont cut them/hurt them that way.) Plus they are usually so soft.

Also *if* baby has any sort of fever in the first 6 weeks, go straight back to the hospital asap. It could be any type of infection and best not to muck around with that.

I always have baby nurofen and panadol on hand (have 2 others so its necessary...) but wouldnt give it to a baby under 3 months unless on dr advice.

Pps: on breastfeeding *they* (the ABA) say to exclusively bf for 6 weeks at least before expressing/comp feeding to avoid nipple confusion and ensure a good milk supply. You can also try boobie bikkies and this time I am encapsulating my placenta in the hope that will provide my body with the extra nutrition lost at birth so I have some more energy. At about 6 weeks baby will go through a growth spurt and if you are bf you wonder if you have enough milk because they want to feed almost every hour on the hour! Dont worry, just do it if you want to continue to bf, that's how baby increases your supply. Many people give up at this point, but I think it really is the turning point! While I am pro bf for me, first and foremost I think healthy, happy mum is the most important thing to ensure happy healthy baby. x
    Last edited by KitiK; 27-02-2015 at 13:29.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (28-02-2015),Cherrymum2be  (02-03-2015),HavingitAll  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    I found bf the first time hard, but got there eventually! After about 6 weeks thing started to feel more settled. I always felt more comfy with one side than the other too. I was never able to express very well (hand or pump, but would just spray everywhere if relaxed under a warm shower - ah the relief!) But did try a few times and got a bit to keep, it was just not comfortable...

Things I have on hand for a newborn are - baby oil to clean his/her bottom after the first black (meconium) pooh because that stuff is STICKY as all get out and hard to get off, the oil helps, just be careful cos it makes them slippery too! As far as health and colds go, cant go past a good thermometer, a humidifier (or use a warm shower to loosen and mucous) a snot sucker (sorry dont know the technical term...) and plenty of cloth nappies to wipe up spills (i use one tucked into the bassinet firmly to catch any vomits so I dont have to change the sheets everyday (lazy I know). I wouldnt bother with nail clippers etc it is better to bite thier nails off yourself (i know, gross, but you do wash thier hands and you have a better sense of feel so you dont cut them/hurt them that way.) Plus they are usually so soft.

Also *if* baby has any sort of fever in the first 6 weeks, go straight back to the hospital asap. It could be any type of infection and best not to muck around with that.

I always have baby nurofen and panadol on hand (have 2 others so its necessary...) but wouldnt give it to a baby under 3 months unless on dr advice.

Pps: on breastfeeding *they* (the ABA) say to exclusively bf for 6 weeks at least before expressing/comp feeding to avoid nipple confusion and ensure a good milk supply. You can also try boobie bikkies and this time I am encapsulating my placenta in the hope that will provide my body with the extra nutrition lost at birth so I have some more energy. At about 6 weeks baby will go through a growth spurt and if you are bf you wonder if you have enough milk because they want to feed almost every hour on the hour! Dont worry, just do it if you want to continue to bf, that's how baby increases your supply. Many people give up at this point, but I think it really is the turning point! While I am pro bf for me, first and foremost I think healthy, happy mum is the most important thing to ensure happy healthy baby. x
    Thanks @KitiK that's really helpful. I'm also planning to BF.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (27-02-2015)