+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm travelling along nicely. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow. Had a growth scan today and my twins are huge! Both measuring around 2.3kg already! Which means they put on 900g each in 4 weeks. Yikes! I really hope they slow down. I've still got just over 4.5 weeks till my CS but may go early me thinks I'm not to confident my uterus and cervix can hold out much longer with that kind of weight in it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (26-02-2015),HavingitAll  (26-02-2015),KitiK  (26-02-2015),ladybug14  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nezz79 that's huge! & so good to hear. My nephew was born at 34wks at 6"11 & did so well. It's good to know they are doing well so if you do happen to go early they will hopefully have the best start possible!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Nezz79  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB laid down the "law" - baby is doing veyr well but has a big head, so probably c-section no later than 38 weeks! Yikes that's 8 weeks! All we have is a pram!

Isn't the last couple of months supposed to be super slow and frustrating? I have sooo much to do!

I hope there are no more baby not moving scares - you were very brave @Bundleofjoy and @Soques
    @Nezz79 those twins sound like they'll be big! your innards surely can't hold them all that long. A friend of mine had twins boys each at nearly 10pound each - she was so ginormous, o my gosh people would stare if she were out!

HIA

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (27-02-2015),Happyma  (26-02-2015),KitiK  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    32w+2 today, over it, have my pre admission appt at the hospital today then an OB appt. DH is away now so am on my own for the next 4 weeks with the girls - eveything is feeling a bit too hard atm, and am super tired... Am willing the time away so we can have this babe on the outside. Counting down - 4w+6d to go... thats 34 days to go from right now! We can't agree on a name either :/ @Nezz79, i am conscious you are a bit before me and hace twins, i can imagine you would be counting down too! I have heard varying reports about the accuracy of growth scans, but I reckon 37w (if you get there) for twins is awesome! @BabyOB, how are you going? I think my uterus is so thin in comparison to the first time I was pregnant, makes every movement felt (by my bladder etc) oh to be young and taut again... @HavingitAll, I know the last few weeks usually drag, but thats only if you get to the last few weeks, knowing you are going to go at 38w at this point in time makes it feel like a freight train coming at you! Dont worry too much about stuff, as long as baby has somewhere safe to sleep and a car capsule/seat, everything else can wait.

I know it is a bit of a "touchy" subject and this is not meant to upset/judge or anything - just interested to know who will be attempting to breastfeed and who will go straight to formula? Are there any first time breastfeeders here - I will try to bf this one (did with my first 2 for their first 9-10months, not without problems though!) So would be happy to talk about how/what woeked for me if anyone is interested!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (26-02-2015),HavingitAll  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @KitiK, I am going well apart from my carpal tunnel. Go for my scan tomorrow to check on this baby. I know for a fact he is still sideways & up very high! 16 days of work left feels like forever when there's minimal sleep at night! I am a 1st time mum so will be the 1st time breastfeeding. Had a breastfeeding class with my antenatal & will have the lactation consultant come when I'm in hospital. Will see how it goes I spose

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (26-02-2015),KitiK  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read so much about bf first time around (and I was determined to push through with it bc I didnt get the 'birth' i had hoped for so wanted to make something I had some control over happen!) I must admit it was hard and at times I would have given up but for my DH who was so encouraging and supportive! I was lucky though I didnt have mh/supply or other issues so was very lucky. To some it comes easy, others not so much and there are plenty of people who choose not to. I think having watched my sister bf 2 babies I was a bit more prepared, whereas my other sister chose to ff from the beginning All the kids now range from 17 - 5 and are healthy and happy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 weeks 3 days to due date... Heat is killing me and my hips hurt when sleeping other than that everything is good.

Finally figured out what needed to happen when I go into labour and where to go... Checked out the ward on Tuesday after appointment... So the hospital has classified me has having GD even though GP says its a crock of ****... But as so close to the end no we aren't going to do anything about it except make sure I eat clean.

My weight has actually decreased because of it so I guess that's a good thing...

Have a size scan in two weeks first ultra sounds in have had since week 19 so it's going to be a huge difference I am sure.. If little guy plays fair...

Have booked in my babies Baptism for when my parents are here... So he's going to be very little... But I couldn't help it... Looks like we are going to have to fly though to Brisbane as the great grandparents can't fly to townsville.. So kinda nervous about that as bub will only be about 2.5 month old... But I know people fly with them a few days after being born so I guess it will be okay...

Any tips for flying... Should I take my capsule or leave it at home? Only be taking a cab to and from airport everything else will be within walking distance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love your posts @KitiK they describe me almost perfectly. Makes me feel not alone (or lazy) lol. Will be trying BFing as this is first bub. Hoping it goes ok. I'll be bugging you after he's born FOR sure hehe 😄 DH will give heaps of support as always so I feel pretty good about it.
    @Soques that's great that you know where to go etc now. I don't know much about flying with bubs except the they need to suck thing, I think timing a feed for takeoff and landing or using a dummy. Some of the other experienced mums might have more advice.

As for us.....ugghhhh.....not feeling the love atm. Not sleeping at all due to nausea, hip and leg pain. Poor DH must be so sick of my groaning during the night. The days are long and lonely....and hot...thank goodness for aircon.

We saw OB yesterday. Bub is still in a bad position 😢😢😢 he says there is less than 40% chance of vaginal birth now. So devastated. I just feel like between IVF, never ending MS and now this I haven't been able to have the experience I wanted / expected with getting a baby. It all feels so out of my control, which I know is true - I just hate the feeling you know? It's supposed to be easy and natural! Bub is also measuring and weighing at 39wks when I'm only 35wks! So likely even if he does turn head down I will still have to have a csect due to size. I know I should just be grateful for a healthy baby. And we have great doctors and hospital which is awesome, but I'm just sick of feeling robbed.

To top it off, DH and I had a fight last night about the seriousness of bub being in this position. He kept trying to tell me it wasn't dangerous and just wasn't taking it serious. I was like the OB told me to call 000 if I go into labour so yeah it's serious!!!!! He got it eventually and we're on the same page now but it was a massive effort to get there. Exhausting! I think he thought I was just being over dramatic because of lack of sleep/hormones grrr.

Ok vent officially over lol. Thanks for listening......again ☺️☺️☺️

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happyma don't fret... Everything will happen the way it's suppose to... And I am now truely under the belief that doctors are just there to scare us... My DH has been there for a long time... My experience with anyone else but my FS and my GP has been crap.

Also babies can turn up to the last mins when they are ready to come... And the measuring of size is just a GUESS... They actually have no idea really until the baby is born...

Just remember we are women... Our bodies are made to have babies no matter the size...

So new question... Since you ladies have been on the IVF journey and some of you for a very very little Long time, I need some advice about seconds babies... I know, how can I be thinking about #2 before number 1 is even here yet... Well I like to have a plan...

I am now 37, I have 5 embryos on ice... I don't want to "waste" them (for lack of another word) so how long should I wait before I try for the next one? And should I have two un thawed and use both if they both survive (for the ladies with twins)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques, time is of the essence so to speak and *if* i was in your position I would probably do another stim before trying the fet only because if you use all embryos then need to do another stim anyway the age factor/egg quality comes into play more so every year after 35. And the more of good quality you have on ice the better. I waited 18months before our next transfer (lots of reasons) so have a 7 & 2 yr old when this one is born. Depending on your type of birth and recovery 1st time around you could go back within 6-12 months - plenty of women fall pg naturally within 3mths of giving birth. All depends on whether you want to bf as well and how you/your body feels. x

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (27-02-2015)