+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I went to the doc yesterday and found that bub has moved...unfavourably! He is now laying in a way that if I was to go in to spontaneous labour, it'd be dangerous for both him and I so next week I have more bloods and urine Monday (showing signs of pre-eclampsia without the high BP), scan on Wednesday and have been told to take my bag to my next antenatal appointment as they will admit me until baby arrives. Great! On that note, today I finished up work (was meant to work til this Friday) so I can get the last of my stuff sorted and will rest as much as possible as I'm sure hospital won't be too favourable!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Well done on finishing work - that must be a good feeling but no good about bubs position
    I'm a bit worried about that happening too.

Hopefully your bub does another turn and gets back into a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyOB View Post
    So I went to the doc yesterday and found that bub has moved...unfavourably! He is now laying in a way that if I was to go in to spontaneous labour, it'd be dangerous for both him and I so next week I have more bloods and urine Monday (showing signs of pre-eclampsia without the high BP), scan on Wednesday and have been told to take my bag to my next antenatal appointment as they will admit me until baby arrives. Great! On that note, today I finished up work (was meant to work til this Friday) so I can get the last of my stuff sorted and will rest as much as possible as I'm sure hospital won't be too favourable!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Bellydance any news at your end? @sarahf ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Went to dr today... Liked this one... She was quite nice... Asked if I wanted to induced... I said no...
    Blood pressure at home has been great 119/75 before going to hospital this morning.., there it was 135/82 so still not to bad but my white coat syndrome definitely kicking in...

Heart beat 140 for bub... Measuring well.. Head down without much movement she said...

Appointment in a week...

Mom and dad show up on Thursday... So all is a go... So tired today though... Time for bed I think

Sweet dreams everyone.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (17-03-2015),HavingitAll  (18-03-2015),KitiK  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Went to dr today... Liked this one... She was quite nice... Asked if I wanted to induced... I said no...
    Blood pressure at home has been great 119/75 before going to hospital this morning.., there it was 135/82 so still not to bad but my white coat syndrome definitely kicking in...

Heart beat 140 for bub... Measuring well.. Head down without much movement she said...

Appointment in a week...

Mom and dad show up on Thursday... So all is a go... So tired today though... Time for bed I think

Sweet dreams everyone.
    Nearly there @Soques
    Can't be long till your take home bubba makes an appearance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being MIA guys....ADS has been kicking my a$$ for the last few weeks. Saw doc today and for a number of different reasons he has recommended elective c-sect. We agreed and bub arrives this Thurs, I'll be 38+2.

I'm disappointed of course because I so wanted to have a natural approach, but this is the safest option for us both so no choice really.

I'm excited but also quietly losing my $hit haha. Luckily DH is a picture of serenity so that's helping me heaps.

Now to get thru the next two nights and actually get some sleep hahaha.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (18-03-2015),Cherrymum2be  (18-03-2015),HavingitAll  (18-03-2015),KitiK  (18-03-2015),Nezz79  (18-03-2015),que sera sera  (18-03-2015),ScubaGal  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    o no @BabyOB - I hope bub moves back into a good position!

Wow - time is closing in girls! Can't wait for announcements!!!

HIA

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (18-03-2015),Nezz79  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @BabyOB, nothing worse than a boring hospital admission! Hope you hold out ok - take some trashy mags and an ipad... can you finish your work via email from home?
    @HavingitAll - it really sucks that there arent many options for self employed women, I hope you can make it work for as long as you want. I also waited weeks for my dds birth certificate so a passport might even take longer (you need the birth certificate to apply for one dont you? So it may be well after 6 weeks before you can travel)... :/
    @Happyma - 1 day to go! Congratulations, you will be fine, looking forward to your birth announcement and seeing a cute pic of your bub (if you post one!) I know yoy said you didnt want a c section, I am sorry you aren't going to be able to birth in your preferred way - as long as you and baby are safe that's all that matters x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (18-03-2015),HavingitAll  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm totally used to all the latin bureaucracy (but I don't like it!) and have been collecting forms and advice.

Anything Australian has to go through Chile (what a nuisance) so we figure it easier for hubby as a Brit to deal with the British Consulate - there is one here in Colombia.

We'll get the birth certificate immediately (before leaving the hospital) and can register baby locally, then we have to go through a "born overseas" registration with the British Consulate BEFORE we can apply for a passport/ travel document (not sure about that last bit yet as that's hubby's responsibility)

So yeah, 6 weeks may not be enough!

Try telling my family who want to dictate when we travel to Brisbane so that they have their time off work arranged! Madness!

But much better than mum travelling alone all the way to get here and then be totally weirded out with jetlag and altitude and language. And we'll get to see everyone in BrisVegas.

HIA

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happyma - good luck for Thursday, how exciting so close now! hope everything goes smoothly with the C-sect, but I'm sure it will!