+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, I bought some of the Pinky McKays Boobie Bikkies to try too, they are yummy! Looking forward to having those as a snack with a cup of tea once bub is born i got a free sample too so tried them today and they are yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well now waiting for blood tests... Blood pressure was high the first time ever in my life... Have to come back tomorrow for monitoring. And have to do some on my own at home...

Once they adjusted my due date... Tummy was just a bit bigger than head. Probably because baby is going to long and he's squished in there. It can also mean "big shoulders" @ScubaGal

So back tomorrow for some monitoring of my blood pressure...

It's now 3:30 pm and I haven't eaten anything since breakfast... I'm starving

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques high bp is not good, esp of it doesnt settle. I am hoping its all a precaution for you - how long are they going to monitor you for and have they told you what may happen if it worstens?. With borderline GD as well as high bp, I would probably be prepared for an early c sec birth just in case... good luck over the coming weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure it's going to settle... But if it doesn't they said to bring my clothes tomorrow, not sure if that's just for monitoring or if it's for induction. Baby's heart was fine both times they looked at it today. They are also having bloods taken today not sure for what, but will find out when I finally get called.

They are going to monitor me for a few hours tomorrow starting at 12 ... So will make sure that I have eaten something before hand.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (14-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques, a change of clothes could mean being admitted too - take anything you think you may need - or have someone on standby to bring in your bag. Try to stay hydrated! Best of luck will look out for an update after your monitoring x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques, best of luck tomorrow. Hope all is ok. Like KitiK said, drink lots tonight and also stay away from the salt. Hopefully the high bP was just from being peeved at Drs today!!
    @Cherrymum2be, yeah the reasons sound very similar. Mine are from my immune Dr tho-the Hosp just seem to do what I ask within reason!! I'm going to get it all clarified tho since a week difference could mean induction v no induction.

On the bright side for anyone facing induction, some of the latest studies have shown that in induction vs waiting, if you induced you're less likely to end up with a c-sec than those who wait.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahf, @ladybug14 and @ScubaGal If I haven't had the baby by my appointment next week we will discuss options. My Ob is happy to let me go past due date. I asked about the ivf thing and was told that there are a number of factors that are taken into account and that is a small one but since I have otherwise had a straightforward pregnancy it isn't an issue for me. For other people it may be more of a consideration where there are other things at play.
    My ivf date is one day later than my scan date but since it is either sat or sun and they don't tend to induce on the weekend it doesn't really make any diffrerence for me. I can see how that would be harder if the dates are further apart.
    @Soques I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (10-03-2015),ladybug14  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So finally got home at 4:45 pm today... Had some lunch finally and took my own blood pressure... It was normal... 120/80 (still a but high on the bottom end for me but back down at least)

Think you were right just dumb doctors getting me all worked up today...

So monitoring should be a breeze tomorrow...

But hospital bag is already in the car... My husband it totally over organised... So if I get admitted I will already have things I need... But don't think that will happen.

Thanks for all of your support today... Really appreciate it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    I am pretty sure it's going to settle... But if it doesn't they said to bring my clothes tomorrow, not sure if that's just for monitoring or if it's for induction. Baby's heart was fine both times they looked at it today. They are also having bloods taken today not sure for what, but will find out when I finally get called.

They are going to monitor me for a few hours tomorrow starting at 12 ... So will make sure that I have eaten something before hand.
    @Soques If your bp was high they will send you for BT such liver function test and uric acid which will indicate pre-eclampsia. I had this with my 1 st pregnancy. Went for check up bp was up slightly sent me for BT for those tests they were slightly abnormal went back next day and bp was still slightly high and had more BT which came back even more abnormal than the day before so they admitted me for induction due to pre eclampsia so be prepared you maybe getting induced tomorrow night to have baby! Good luck xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is pre eclampsia?