Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope u feeling better kiktik.☺️.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

I had my first 4 weekly growth scan last Thursday, she is measuring completely average, 49th percentile so I'm wrapped, not too big, not too small, and placenta/cord/fluid level all in normal range. And no one has called me with my GTT results so I'm going to assume I'm GD free. 29 weeks today and cant wait for the next 6 weeks to go by so I can get out of this workplace!!! cant come soon enough! 28 working days but who's counting

Thanks for the good C/sect tips girls.

Has anyone got any tips/experiences they want to share re: induction? I'm keen to prepare myself for that event because at the moment I'm pretty petrified of it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (10-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great advice @KitiK!

We're 32 weeks this week and all your info helps to think of what to ask my OBGYN. He's pretty keen on a c-sec as baby's head is big - about 2 weeks ahead. So probably in mid-April at 37-38 weeks.

So has everyone got all the baby stuff they need? We still have a few items to go - including key items like changing table and bouncer!

HIA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello, hope everyone is tracking along well.
    just a quick update from me. Due this weekend and seem to be in that pre labour phase with cramps etc each night but they fizzle out. Had a big contraction last night and strong period type pain and thought things were starting for sure but no. come on bubba we are ready to meet you.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (10-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015),Nezz79  (09-03-2015),ScubaGal  (09-03-2015),Soques  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bellydance if you are looking to bring it on - try dtd (semen softens/ripens the cervix), nipple stimulation, squats, a raspberry leaf tea and a nice long gentle walk! Cant wait to hear the news once your little one has arrived! x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (10-03-2015),HavingitAll  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HavingitAll I am pretty cruisy about the baby stuff, probably because I have already got lots from my 1st 2. On my list is a new baby monitor and a new cot matress (in another 6 months when he will be out of the bassinett). Apart from that, I have got pretty much all I need (nappies, bath, bed, pram, carseat and b00bies!) I could go totally OTT with nappy disposal units etc, (and dont get me wrong, I understand if people want to - and they obviously do otherwise there wouldn't be a market for it) but they really are a bit of a waste of money/not necessary (I think anyway, esp on a tight budget) ...

What has everyone got left to buy? How are the 'nursery preps' going?
    @ScubaGal, haven't heard from you in the thread for a while, how are you going? x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @HavingitAll I am pretty cruisy about the baby stuff, probably because I have already got lots from my 1st 2. On my list is a new baby monitor and a new cot matress (in another 6 months when he will be out of the bassinett). Apart from that, I have got pretty much all I need (nappies, bath, bed, pram, carseat and b00bies!) I could go totally OTT with nappy disposal units etc, (and dont get me wrong, I understand if people want to - and they obviously do otherwise there wouldn't be a market for it) but they really are a bit of a waste of money/not necessary (I think anyway, esp on a tight budget) ...

What has everyone got left to buy? How are the 'nursery preps' going?
    @ScubaGal, haven't heard from you in the thread for a while, how are you going? x
    Thanks @KitiK for the tag. Sounds like you're pretty much ready!

I'm going well, continually reminded how lucky I am to have this baby on the way and nearly here.

I've bought a lot of the stuff and had bags and bags given to me of hand me downs although I still haven't had a chance to work out what's in the bags, we can't set up the nursery until the renos are done and that's realistically going to take until late April... But we've got room in our bedroom for the cot and that's the main thing.

I'm looking fwd to stopping work, the pelvic girdle pain got pretty bad and I was off all last week on Drs orders to rest, it's made a big difference and I'm off crutches now which is good. Can't really complain though - I mean it's agony but everyone gets some sort of complication and at least the Bub is all good.

He's stayed head down since about 20 weeks so I think he's getting ready - certainly kicking like mad. I'm pretty excited about labour and meeting him.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (10-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hearing u bellydance. Got excited yesterday as did runny poo. (Sorry). Then had some cramping and period like pain then woke up this morning nothing. Baby feels so low. Ahhhhh the waiting😉. Will u be induced if bub hasn't come by due date?
    I have been so lucky with baby stuff most my mates have finished having baby's so really havnt had to buy a thing. Ready to rock and roll.
    Geez scubagirl that pain sounds so awful hope u get to rest up as much as possible. Hope u are all well😘

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (10-03-2015),HavingitAll  (14-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the tips @KitiK. Hope you're feeling better.

Hope you're not waiting too long @Bellydance and @sarahf. Best of luck for easy deliveries.

Ladies, question about due dates. What due dates are you all going off-IVF transfer or early scan?
    My transfer date gives EDD of 23/5, 7 week scan 20/5 and 12 week scan 17/5. I did my 12 week scan at the hospital I'll deliver at so they're using 12 week scan date. They want to induce me if I go over but there's a whole week difference between 17th and IVF due date of 23rd. And I don't want to be induced if I can avoid it!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Thanks so much for all the tips @KitiK. Hope you're feeling better.

Hope you're not waiting too long @Bellydance and @sarahf. Best of luck for easy deliveries.

Ladies, question about due dates. What due dates are you all going off-IVF transfer or early scan?
    My transfer date gives EDD of 23/5, 7 week scan 20/5 and 12 week scan 17/5. I did my 12 week scan at the hospital I'll deliver at so they're using 12 week scan date. They want to induce me if I go over but there's a whole week difference between 17th and IVF due date of 23rd. And I don't want to be induced if I can avoid it!!
    That's interesting that you've been told the same thing as @Cherrymum2be - that you will have to be induced if you go over your due date. I haven't been told anything like that. I wonder if its worth getting a second opinion, especially as first time mums pretty commonly go a bit over...

I would go by the IVF date. Its exact whereas I noticed at all of my many scans that there's a reasonable margin for error when they take the CRL measurement. I had one scan where the sonographer took the measurement and i could see shed measured short and I asked her to remeasure at the end of the scan. She was pretty cranky with me but i was right - the measurement she took would have put bubs behind that week, but on the re-measure he was right on track.

If they're hard and fast on the scan date, then id ask for another scan...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (10-03-2015)