+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    33+2 with 2wks (10 days) left at work. Work threw me a beautiful baby shower & spoilt me as much as they spoilt bub. Although I had no sleep thanks to carpal tunnel last night, I had the best day today

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (07-03-2015),HavingitAll  (07-03-2015),KitiK  (08-03-2015),ScubaGal  (06-03-2015),Soques  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyOB View Post
    33+2 with 2wks (10 days) left at work. Work threw me a beautiful baby shower & spoilt me as much as they spoilt bub. Although I had no sleep thanks to carpal tunnel last night, I had the best day today
    Oh that's lovely

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As one who photographs newborns - my training includes:
    • You should not let anyone handle a newborn without disinfecting their hands first.
    • Never put your finger in the baby's mouth unless you are the mother or primary carer/ dr/ midwife.
    • And no-one who isn't vaccinated ESPECIALLY Whooping Cough should go near baby until baby has had their vaccinatino (which is usually at 6 weeks in Oz).
    Whooping Cough may have no symptoms at all in vaccinated kids or even unvaccinated adults but can and will kill a newborn. A friend of my sister's lost their baby girl to Whooping Cough.

If people know your baby is IVF go all crazy mum, they'll understand. If they don't know, who cares if they think you are crazy. Your baby means everything to you, they can keep their opinion to themselves.

I'm all for not telling people that baby has arrived until you are ready - it's not about them.

All our babies all getting close ladies!

HIA

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

Cherrymum2be  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (07-03-2015),ladybug14  (07-03-2015),ScubaGal  (07-03-2015),Soques  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who had whooping cough & almost died as a child, I have no qualms appearing as a crazy over the top mother not letting anyone near my baby due to this! If people cannot respect what you say as a parent then I don't think they should really be around you & the baby anyway...

It's certainly coming to the 'business end' of things. So excited for the babies to start arriving!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Cherrymum2be  (09-03-2015),HavingitAll  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had the WORST night sleep last night, I have caught a cold(?) from somewhere (maybe change of season...) and I was awake with a stuffy nose and what felt like razors in my throat! TMI my throat is so sore it hurts to cough and what I am coughing up is green I have a GP appt this week (Thu) so if it is not better by then I will ask about it... Just need to try and remain as healthy as possible between now and c sec... Don't want to be the sick one around my baby! Just feeling quite run down atm. How is everyone else going?
    @BabyOB, my sisters boys caught WC and were quite sick (they were nearly teenagers and it really knocked them around) Can only imagine how you would have felt! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was 6/7 when I got it @KitiK & I would stop breathing throughout the night. My mum used to sleep with me & they'd hang me by my feet bashing my back for me to start breathing again apparently (great 1st aid!). Lol. Funny now hearing stories but imagine how terrifying that is as a parent!

You're probably run down hence you're picking up the nasties! I really hope you get better soon! Xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I have never been sickly in my life, it only seems to since I have had kids/during pregnancy I get really unwell! I hate it. We had a really bad run last year with my dd getting measles, then I caught hand foot and mouth as an adult from our hosptial stay (very run down at the time) then we all got gastro! Was so horrible. Hoping for a better run.... I am willing myself to fet better soon, we are so, so close to the end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Thanks, I have never been sickly in my life, it only seems to since I have had kids/during pregnancy I get really unwell! I hate it. We had a really bad run last year with my dd getting measles, then I caught hand foot and mouth as an adult from our hosptial stay (very run down at the time) then we all got gastro! Was so horrible. Hoping for a better run.... I am willing myself to fet better soon, we are so, so close to the end!!
    Gargle with asproclear (just don't swallow it) it will help breakup green junk and take down the swelling... If you weren't pg I would say swallow as well but not while pg...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK, you poor thing. Is DH still away too? If you're not on the mend soon I'd see your GP sooner than later. When I had my nasty cold the GP said yellow muck was ok but if it turned green to come back and I'd probably need some antibiotics. Don't mean to be alarmist-just better to get on top of these things. Take care.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, i think i might have to, I am trying to keep the fluids up hoping it may flush out the infection before it migrates to my sinus!