+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I live on my DH's family farm and love it. I grew up in a small regional city but was always drawn to rural life. It's hard sometimes that you have to travel a bit to see people or go to the shops but generally the space, fresh air, lack of congestion, close relationships with those around you and the ability to grow and produce good quality healthy food in your backyard are what makes it great to live here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My family moved to this city when i was 6. First we lived in a small town in the hills for 5 years then when my parents seperated, we moved to rhe city. While the rest of my family have moved on, i am still here but in a different area of the city then i grew up and have always lived in. We are thinking in a few years to move to either my original home area where i was born or to where dp grew up as my qualifications are more in demand rurally unless i want to only work in an office

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lifestyle. We did the seachange thing and I love it here. Desperately miss my friends but don't miss the city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because we have no income😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live on the other side of the world from where we grew up. We just chased job/study opportunities which took DH to Harvard and now he has a job in London that doesn't exist in Australia. Not sure how long we will stay, we do like it here, and DH makes fantastic money but the weather can be a little draining...
    I would love to live at the beach...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lifestyle for us - in the hills on a big block so we can have all the animals we want We're about an hour from any of our friends or family, but we're not the type that likes people just dropping in so we're ok with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up in the country and decided to give coastal life a try. I love where I live now. It's a beautiful area, right near stunning beaches but also really close to regional areas. More and more Sydney people are moving here and doing the commute because house prices are more achievable and the lifestyle is more laid back.
    Moving away from what you know can be tough at first but I think my country upbringing helped, I'm used to long drives :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live about 100km from where I grew up. I grew up in a big city and moved to a smaller city for my first job out of uni. 16 years later I am still here. We love it, DH and I simply fell on our feet ☺️ . Great community, beautiful surroundings and weather (except for right now) and awesome lifestyle. We've put down roots and I don't see us leaving in the near future. It's nice to be 90 minutes from where I grew up as it's not a big distance. The only time it bothered me was when my dad died and I wanted to be near mum all of the time for about 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up in Tieri which is a small mining town in central Queensland and now live in Moranbah which is also a small mining town in C.Q. Before we moved here we lived in Rockhampton but when a job for DH was advertised in Moranbah he applied because a) all my family lived here (some have moved now) and b) he knew how much I loved growing up in a small town and wanted the same for our kids. We have now been here 8 years with no plans on leaving soon, we love our lives here but that's not to say we don't go stir crazy and need to get out every now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why do you live where you live?

I grew up in Sydney. We moved to Brisbane in my teens as my father saw the writing on the wall with regards to house prices and didn't want us (his 5 kids) to have to struggle to buy family homes when the time came. I moved back to Sydney 5 years later as I missed family, friends and the hum of daily life in Sydney. However after 18months I realised that even in just a short time I had got used to the more laid back lifestyle of Qld and moved back to Brisbane and could no longer tolerate the madness Sydney had become. I have been back here now for 18 years - doubt I would live anywhere else..
    When we first moved everyone thought we were mad to move away isolated from everything that was familiar (family, friends, jobs, routines). However over time some even moved up here too.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 20-02-2015 at 04:40.