+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why do you live where you live?

Was it where you were raised, so you stayed??
    Did you move for work reasons?
    Move for lifestyle change?

I live in Sydney and DH and I are sick of having an old house that needs work, but anything newer/better being way out of reach financially for a very long time. We hate the fast pace, stress and busyness.

We've both started toying with the idea of moving somewhere a bit more rural. We could keep our Sydney house and rent it to fund our move. Or sell it and live almost mortgage free!! DH would need a new job though but he's a trady so should find something. Only thing is all of our family are here!

Interested in everyone else's story's! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Moved here because my exes son went to school here. I now am single mum raising our son and love the area. My daycare is amazing , it's in a great spot ( right near major motorways ) 20 mins from city centre, just got a job in same suburb, great schools. Feels like home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Moved away for fresh start. Don't love it. Don't hate it either. Will eventually move on somewhere new, not sure where though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Steph12  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I live around the corner from where I grew up. In the interim I've lived in other suburbs in this city, moved regionally twice. I now know that where I grew up is pretty amazing and have settled here.

My kids will go to the same school I did (great school in walking distance), it's a progressive, community minded place that is a bit alternative in some ways, I live near the ocean, 10 minutes from work, it's safe. I love it. The only downer is you don't get much for your money house wise, but I guess you have to cop that to live in such a great place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I live in Sydney. I love it. I live 5 mins from the beach, close to train stations that are only 10mins away from the city. Close to main motorways that head north or south. Lots of playgrounds and very family oriented and multicultural, which I love! I grew up in Sydney but a long way from where I now live. I grew up in the ghetto pretty much.

If I was to move away from Sydney, I would only move as far as the central Coast, which is where I lived for almost 5 years throughout my last years of school, then I moved back to Sydney to go to uni.

The country doesn't appeal to me. I did it for 18 months but I've always been a city girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm in Sydney in the next suburb from where we grew up ! My sister, parents and 2 sister in laws and our office are all within a 5km radius of home , i love the city and I doubt we would ever leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I live with my DH on his family farm in WA and we moved here twelve years ago from the city. I left my family home and moved five hours away to go to uni in the city when I was 18 and met DH there. He wasn't going to be a farmer when I met him (which I thought was fabulous because I sure as heck wasn't going to be a farmers wife!) and we lived together for five years in the city.

At that time he started to get a bit wistful about farm life and I wasn't really loving my job so we decided to move to his home town (tiny place of about 700 people) and give it a year. Twelve years, lots more land bought, a move to the farm homestead and three kids later, here we are! No regrets!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Steph12  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live about 7 minutes drive away from my parents house where I grew up. Our friends, families and jobs are around here (except for 2 of my siblings who live interstate). I love our area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Sydney in the same suburb as I grew up in. I love it. I tried living somewhere else and hated it. Even though it was an expensive choice, I moved back to Sydney as soon as I could. I would never live anywhere else now.
    I love that all my friends and family are here. I love that everything is so familiar. I love the lifestyle, love the busyness and all the shops. I love that everything is accessible to me. That was something that really bothered me down the coast, is that I almost always had a big drive ahead of me if I needed to go to shops, doctors, hospitals, any type of excitement or entertainment... LOL....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I live where I live because it's close to work and offers a great lifestyle for us.

I'm fairly certain we'll settle in this area, it finally feels like we've found where we are meant to be.

The only difficult part is not having anyone we can call on to mind DS. Very occasionally my parents will come in to mind DS for a few hours, but I hardly ever ask because I just get that impression that they feel like they're doing us a major favour.