+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always try to clean up after my kids whether it be at a shopping centre or at someone else's house.

I think its generally disrespectful to go into someone's workplace and make a mess and just walk out without at least alerting the staff to the mess. If you can't stop and tidy/clean up for some reason (as happens sometimes) then a quick apology to the staff on your way out is very appreciated from my experience.

My own embarrassing story: I'm a very clumsy person generally so its no surprise that when I'm tired I'm a walking hazard. One day I needed eggs. Trying to pick up a carton, I accidentally dropped them taking out two dozen eggs in the process! Such a mess and I was so embarrassed trying to find a staff member to tell them. I offered to pay and help clean up but they told me not to worry. They were nice about it but had done the 'sigh' when I fessed up. I always try to avoid that staff member when I see them now.
    Last edited by MissMuppet; 19-02-2015 at 17:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep I have always cleaned up after any spill or mess made by my kids. I can't imagine walking out of a store and leaving a big puddle of my childs urine behind! I was in K-mart the other day and a parent and child (maybe three) were walking in front of us. The child dropped, a large, 3/4 full milkshake on the floor and the parent saw it and just took the child by the hand and kept walking. I thought that they might have been going to tell a staff member so it could be cleaned up but nup, they just left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    Dd2 always picked the most inconvenient time to need to go to the toilet it drove me mad but I would always stop what I'm doing and take her
    My Mum likes to remind me of the time she was in the Christmas layby line (so huge long line before online) she was pregnant with my little sister and she had me and a huge trolley full of stuff to layby. I was 4 and decided I HAD to go. The lady behind her offered to mind our spot so she could take me and we wouldn't have to wait another hour in line.

If all Mum's would just take their kids to the toilet when they need to go maybe there'd be less accidents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh geez this reminds me of a time a customer came into our store and let his toddler poo on our floor and then continued on shopping. He did this in the front door pretty much but out of sight of the register and another customer came and told us about it. My manager had to clean it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why doesn't anyone ever confront these rude as hell people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    if my kid needs to wee we gtfo and find a toilet,
    if they peed anywhere Id ask about a mop or clothes to clean it,
    Vile woman

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Why doesn't anyone ever confront these rude as hell people?
    When the mum took the little girl and walked away we assumed she was going to the registers to say something as you had to walk straight past them to get out but nope she just walked straight out! My girlfriend said we should have made a citizens arrest but she was too quick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course I always always clean up after my kids.

My XH is actually one of those disgraceful people who walked (stormed) out of an indoor play place after one of my kids wet his pants onto the floor. I was horrified when the kids told me. The kids also all got verbally abused for it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    My Mum likes to remind me of the time she was in the Christmas layby line (so huge long line before online) she was pregnant with my little sister and she had me and a huge trolley full of stuff to layby. I was 4 and decided I HAD to go. The lady behind her offered to mind our spot so she could take me and we wouldn't have to wait another hour in line.

If all Mum's would just take their kids to the toilet when they need to go maybe there'd be less accidents.
    You know what the sad part is - most people now wouldn't offer to hold the place like they did back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I can, I clean any mess my kids make. I'm shocked that a parent (eg. like the one in the OP) would walk out of a shop without telling staff that their kid had had an accident. I would of course tell staff as I'm not equipped to clean that sort of mess while shopping.

One day my DD vomited in Coles Liquor Land. I was about to buy a 6 pack of apple ciders when she suddenly hurled. A lovely middle aged woman came and gave me a tissue to help wipe DD's face and suggested I go and take her home straight away, and to not worry about the mess. The staff were very good about it, but I was so embarrassed and felt terrible that I couldn't help clean it, but I could hardly leave DD standing there while I helped when she probably felt a bit sick. She really needed to just get home. Needless to say, I left without my ciders!