+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    There is no way strangers in a shop should be expected to clean up someone elses childs excrement. Just because its 'their shop' doesnt mean you give up your parental duties! Not only is it unhygienic, its just plain rude! I would have been very ****ed with that mother.

I used to work in a store that had a bubble machine, and a mum left a little boy in the store while she went into the surrounding shop (you know, because i got paid to babysit toddlers too.) The little boy was rolling around on the floor, poo exploded from the top of his pants and nappy. He then continued running around the shop rolling on the floor, he wouldn't stay still for us! The Mum comes back 10 mins later and goes "when you gotta go, you gotta go!" And walked out! We were stuck with a store we had to close because it was unhygienic, we had no proper cleaning equipment on hand as you usually only use general windex.. we had to beg the centre cleaner to help and the cleaning product ruined our carpet!
    Ewwwwwwww!

In addition to my previous comment, yeah pee on a wooden floor I'd get the stuff off them to clean up but if it was on carpet I'm not going to get carpet cleaner out and clean up!

I definitely wouldn't leave my kid randomly in some store...what the heck?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Ewwwwwwww!

In addition to my previous comment, yeah pee on a wooden floor I'd get the stuff off them to clean up but if it was on carpet I'm not going to get carpet cleaner out and clean up!

I definitely wouldn't leave my kid randomly in some store...what the heck?!?!
    At least she could have picked up the chunks! Or go find a cleaner yourself to help...not just walk out laughing... i just think i would never walk out of a friends house with my childs poo all over their carpet, why is it ok because its a stranger?

Eta: people left their kids in the store all the time to go shopping. The longest was for 1.5 hours. I ended up calling security and reported him as missing. If someone kidnapped that child the mother would have blamed me for not being more watchful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would always clean up after my child. That's disgusting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    i just think i would never walk out of a friends house with my childs poo all over their carpet, why is it ok because its a stranger?

Because the general public treat shop assistants largely like **** that's why (no pun intended!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Because the general public treat shop assistants largely like **** that's why (no pun intended!)
    Lol! I love your pun

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    lol

I cant believe people would leave their small children in a shop.

its just so wrong

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    lol

I cant believe people would leave their small children in a shop.

its just so wrong
    Yep, its so rude. Not only were we expected to do our actual job and serve customers but we had to make sure children wernt destroying our shop too. i used to always think too bad if i was a psycho! I could have just locked kids in the backroom left right and centre!

Thankfully im not in retail anymore, because these days i would prob chase after the parent and yell "oi! You forgot something!" And take their kid back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to DH the other day. Except they were in the supermarket and DS said he had to go and then had an accident. He usually tells us and we have time to take him. We do take him straight away every time but he just didn't give enough notice. Obviously not having anything with to clean it up with DH notified staff and offered to mop it up for them if they gave him the mop and bucket.

I've been on the other side of it too. I used to work in Big W and this lady came through my checkout with a puppy. Not a guide dog and not just purchased as I asked making conversation with her. Well her dog peed in my checkout aisle. She just shrugged it off, paid for her things and left.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you always clean up after your kids when out?

Yes I do or at least attempt too
    Last year dd2 power chucked in the line at target I started to clean it up but the lovely manager came over and stopped me she cleaned it up so I could take her home :-) such a lovely lady

I saw similar happen in best n less this poor girl begging her mum to go to the toilet and the mum just telling her to wait and kept shopping 😡😡😡 the poor thing saying mummy please please I don't want to wet myself, I felt like slapping that mother !!!!

Dd2 always picked the most inconvenient time to need to go to the toilet it drove me mad but I would always stop what I'm doing and take her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No way would I just bolt from the shop leaving my child's pee puddle on the floor.

I'd alert a shop assistant and ask if they had something I could clean it up with (and of course apologise).

A few months ago my DS was sitting in the trolley holding a bottle of hand soap in Coles. He dropped it on the floor and it cracked and some soap spilled onto the floor. I immediately alerted a staff member because it was very much a trip hazard. They weren't too thrilled and I got the eye roll, but I felt I did the right thing