+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you always clean up after your kids when out?

My girlfriend and I were shopping today and we're in the Gap store looking at baby clothes for my sister when we heard this little girl ( looked 3 or 4 ish) repeatedly ask her mum to go to the toilet and the mum kept telling her to hang on a minute - well the poor little thing just stood there and wet herself, she was wearing a dress so pretty much made a giant puddle of wee on the timber floor , they both looked at us as we were right next to them and the mum said oh great and just took her hand and walked out of the shop without even telling the staff 😧
    I went and got one of the staff members so they could clean it up and she was horrified but said this is probably the second or third time this year a kid has wet themselves on the floor and no one bothers to tell them about it , they had a few near misses of people slipping in it and she then said they get kids throwing clothes, pushing over manikins and most parents just walk out , no apologies - I get kids hate shopping but if DS did any of that Id try and at least clean it or alert the staff and apologise before running out of the store! Surely there is no excuse for not even informing the staff your child had an accident?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cant imagine just walking away from that without alerting and apologising to staff and most likely offering to clean it up myself if they had something i could mop it up with

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! I never thought anyone would do this. I would be horrified if one of my children or I slipped on a puddle of someone else's wee. How unhygienic.

Fortunately my kids don't make a mess when out shopping but if they did I would most definitely clean up after them. If not possible, I would let staff know and apologise.

Usually if I see one of mine are getting a bit restless or starts touching things in a store I will walk out with them and not let it get out of hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I wouldn't clean it up myself in that scenario because I don't really carry the tools with me to do it! I would tell a staff member and apologise, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's never happened to me but if it did I would ask for some paper towel or something to clean it up.

It's not a shop assistants job to clean up kids urine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im always clean up after my kids when out. I can not believe the lady just left, I mean even if you were in a rush you could could still let the staff know about the puddle at the very least.
    I feel sad for the little girl. It sounds like she was letting her mum know that she really needed to go and she just ignored her. Poor little poppet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    seriously?

I tell people if my DD spills a tiny bit of drink ... much less wee on the floor.

As for cleaning up mess/food/items they have knocked down or looked at - yes I put them back or clean up or tell someone.

Its just common courtesy. The people who work there are not maids to come and clean up after me

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (19-02-2015),MissMuppet  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no way strangers in a shop should be expected to clean up someone elses childs excrement. Just because its 'their shop' doesnt mean you give up your parental duties! Not only is it unhygienic, its just plain rude! I would have been very ****ed with that mother.

I used to work in a store that had a bubble machine, and a mum left a little boy in the store while she went into the surrounding shop (you know, because i got paid to babysit toddlers too.) The little boy was rolling around on the floor, poo exploded from the top of his pants and nappy. He then continued running around the shop rolling on the floor, he wouldn't stay still for us! The Mum comes back 10 mins later and goes "when you gotta go, you gotta go!" And walked out! We were stuck with a store we had to close because it was unhygienic, we had no proper cleaning equipment on hand as you usually only use general windex.. we had to beg the centre cleaner to help and the cleaning product ruined our carpet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    seriously?

I tell people if my DD spills a tiny bit of drink ... much less wee on the floor.

As for cleaning up mess/food/items they have knocked down or looked at - yes I put them back or clean up or tell someone.

Its just common courtesy. The people who work there are not maids to come and clean up after me

Yep - and the fact she looked at us as we were standing right next to her and still just walked out! I definitely had my judging pants on !

It was a massive puddle so obviously too big to clean up properly but it would take 5 seconds to least notify the staff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm yet to find myself in that situation but I have been the staff member who's had to clean up. We had a rocking horse (complete with a real horse hair mane and tail) that a kid sh@t all over. When the mum realized she high tailed it outta there and left me with the mess. It was a sh! T of a job having to wipe clean EVERY. SINGLE.STRAND.OF.EFFING.HAIR!! I have never been so disgusted in a persons lack of responsibility in my life. I've regularly had to mop up vomit and wipe snot of benches and chairs.