+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does it make you cry?

My 8 month old has never been a good sleeper but this week is worse than ever. I have 2 older kids who go to school and after school activities, I can't read the cues and just put bub down to sleep when she's tired or kids will miss school or be left there with no one to pick them up. I borrowed the happy sleeper from the library and I'm so gutted to read that it's another version of let them cry. I tried leaving her for a few minutes but she got so upset when she finally slept in my arms it was a short nap. I'm lying in the bed now while she roams around her cot wide awake. It's raining so I can't take her for a walk I'm just lying here crying not having the faintest idea what to do, unless she falls asleep in the next 10mins or so I will have to wake her for the school run and have had no time to catch up on housework. Seriously think running the country would be less stressful at least I'd have some advisors! Anyone else end up in tears over their child's sleep issues??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a similar situation. 8 month old pretty crap sleeper and 2 older kids, 1 in school and the other at daycare 2 days a week. Only recently have day sleeps begun to get a bit easier to get him down for but there is still no routine or consistancy to it all and I often find I am waking him up not long after getting him to sleep.

Night time sleep is still an absolute nightmare though and this has often brought me to the point of tears Just from the pure frustration and exhaustion of it all.

I just don't seem to be able to find a routine that consistantly works with school pick up and I'm sure this is why night time is such a nightmare.

Sorry not much help from me here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    I am in a similar situation. 8 month old pretty crap sleeper and 2 older kids, 1 in school and the other at daycare 2 days a week. Only recently have day sleeps begun to get a bit easier to get him down for but there is still no routine or consistancy to it all and I often find I am waking him up not long after getting him to sleep.

Night time sleep is still an absolute nightmare though and this has often brought me to the point of tears Just from the pure frustration and exhaustion of it all.

I just don't seem to be able to find a routine that consistantly works with school pick up and I'm sure this is why night time is such a nightmare.

Sorry not much help from me here.
    That school run business is what's killing me. I know bub sleeps better at night with goof day sleep but just so hard to figure out timings and not like can just pop her into cot and walk away. When I look for ideas there seems to be nothing geared toward fitting in with school runs its all about reading sleep cues or imposing strict nap / sleep times - even that is impossible when older kids make so much noise or have their own wants / needs for attention. Argh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Subbing for ideas. Even though I don't have school runs. DD who is 3 has to get out of the house in the day or she tantrums all day and I can't get DS to sleep when she's like that, or a decent sleep when we take DD out.

So frustrating!