+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else trying to lose weight to help ttc??

I know there were a few threads on this but couldn't find a current one.

We have been ttc no.2 for nearly 3 years and have lost 3 pregnancies in that time. I had my first fs appt on tuesday and it was extremely depressing but a huge wake up call. He basically told me I need to lose weight if I want any chance of a healthy pregnancy. I have PCOS, a slight thyroid issue and am so close to being diabetic its not funny. I have a big motivation issue and I love food. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. But I want a baby so bad so I'm doing it for real this time. I'm getting serious!!

Is there anyone else in the same situation and want to offer each other some support on this journey??

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really? No one? ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the michelle bridges 12 week body transformation when I fell pregnant with my son. I lost 8kg and was eating really clean. I had been ttc for 3.5 years when I fell pregnant.
    This time I was on a health kick, eating well and exercising, had lost 5kg when I found out I was pregnant.
    I think eating really well and cutting out the rubbish can make a difference, it certainly did for me!
    I wish you lots of luck, you can do it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meli,
    I've yoyo'd over the years, and had successes but put it all back on! I need to lose 2kgs in 2 weeks to be able to start the process with a hycosy during my assessment cycle.

Have you tried anything in the past that has worked? You can do this!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi melimum,

I've spent the last 12 months becoming the healthiest me that had been seen since I was a kid. 40kgs down.

I tried all sorts of things for years but this is the first time I have lost more then 7kgs.

We're beginning our TTC journey later this year and finally in a much healthier position to do so.

Good luck! Once you set your mind to it we can do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sorry Hun, only just found this thread! I'm a fellow pcos'er too. Any specific weight loss tips from the doc for pcos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi @melimum. I've been TTC no 1 for close to 2 years now. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries last year but am unclear as to whether it's true PCOS or not. One of my biggest issues is that I struggle to lose weight, but putting it on is no issue. I eat reasonably well with a few naughty treats here and there, but I need to work on portion size for sure. I'm around 80kg which puts me as overweight according to my BMI, but it's too close to the obese zone for my liking.

In regards to exercise, I have started up with a personal trainer once a fortnight and DH and I have started the couch to 5k app together. I see this as a way to keep motivated as we have committed to running together every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Also it's something we can both do together.

I've also started a food diary. Some people like apps such as my fitness pal, but I'm happier just to jot it all down in a notebook. For me it's not about counting calories but having a written hard copy of everything I eat. It definitely makes you stop and think, that's for sure.