Closed Thread
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @winsor I agree with @Bongley Luv, you're not too old at all!! Am sorry to hear you had further complications from the op I hope you're now on the way to making a swift recovery

Although the appendix didn't burst, it sounds like it was necrotic and possibly leaked when they removed it?? I had the same thing happen to my gall bladder back in 2011 just before DP began our TTC journey (before we knew anything was wrong).

Anyhoo, As a result of having to wait 3 days for the surgery (due to emergencies etc...public hospital) my gallbladder turned necrotic and when the surgeon removed it, it burst and fluid leaked into my abdomen so I had to stay in having intravenous antibiotics etc as when things like that happen it's possible to develop a life threatening complication which is why they load you up with the big gun antibiotics which are usually administered through an IV.

My point is that I'm not surprised you've been knocked sideways Luv, I know I was when it happened to me. I was sick and sore for days. My GP said to wait 6 wks before TTC. She's not a FS, but it could be within the timeframe your FS will give you plus it's prob a good idea to give your body a chance to recuperate etc. The way you're feeling now has nothing to do with being too old and everything to do with unexpected complications of what is usually a routine operation.

Get well soon Luv!!
    thanks yes, still feeling a bit precious atm.
    & yes, that sounds pretty close to what happened, I've been on iv antibiotics all week. changing to tablets tonight i think

2. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    still hope for you Leisylou. fx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),Summer  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @winsor - you're entitled to feel precious at the moment, goodness I'd be feeling a lot more than that! Far out, what a horrid thing to have happen, and it's never easy when something interrupts our baby-making plans. It's not as if we need any delays at this age. Hoping you have a quick recovery and can get started again ASAP. Don't worry about your age in relation to your body being able to carry and birth a baby and recover, you've just been through a very serious illness and operation hon, give yourself a break

I do think I'm out, I'm starting to get all teary and that is a sure sign that AF will be here tomorrow. It will surprise me if it doesn't turn up... Although I could be teary because I have to spend several hours tonight in the company of DH's ex and the bio-Mum of my DSS. The longer the journey to a child, the worse it is for me to be around her. I was fine to start with because DH and I were so crazy in love and had plans for a family, but now that it's not working out, I really don't want to be around the woman who gave my DH a beautiful child that they birthed together in a birthing pool, best moment of his life, blah, blah, blah. Jealous much? Don't judge me, I know I'm being petty as all get out, and that was all in the past - but having to spend time with her just seems to rub it in my face that I can't have a child with the love of my life... Ooohhh what a big poor me moment! Will have to just have a tablespoon of cement and harden the **** up!!!
    Last edited by Summer; 03-04-2015 at 13:53.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),ScubaGal  (04-04-2015),Skyler  (03-04-2015),winsor  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm on the iPhone, we're away for the Easter break so sorry have not been on BH.
    We drove home for transfer this morning and it went smoothly. The blast had re-expanded and 100% of the cells had survived the thaw. These are all good things of course but I can't get my hopes up because it's my 6th transfer and on 4 of the previous 5 occasions they have commented about how good the blast looked. I've learnt that means diddly squat. Didn't sleep last night expecting a phone call to say it had not survived the thaw and having bad ivf dreams. Started to panic on our way there in the car, teary, sweating, so stopped at home to pop a Valium. Don't think I'm coping with ivf any more.
    Thanks for all your well wishes!
    Looking out for your BFP's Bongley and Leyshoja.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (03-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (04-04-2015),Summer  (03-04-2015),winsor  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Skyler - you poor thing with all the panic - so difficult. Fingers are crossed this is the little embie that gets over the line for you - each embie is an individual and has its own potential, all that matters is this one looks good and you are in with a good shot. Take it easy, we're all cheering for you!
    @Bongley and @leyshoja what a difficult wait. My hopes are with you that a squinter turns up tomorrow for both of you xxx

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),Bongley  (03-04-2015),Skyler  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou Oh Luv.... You're not being petty at all and it's totally understandable you feel this way about her. You envy her because she a) no doubt got Preggo without any trouble for a start, b) got Preggo with a child with the man you are crazy in love with, c) got to share that experience with him which all add's up to basically hating her guts!!!

I know the logical side of your brain, the intellectual side knows that it's not about her as such and that their relationship didn't work out for no doubt very good reasons and what your DP speaks of as "the best experience of his life" is totally referring to your DSS only and nothing to do with her in an emotionally connected way. He's probably blanked her right out of his memory of that day and only see's his son being born etc in his mind's eye!!

Please don't feel inferior or inadequate next to her ok?? You and your DP WILL get there It will be your turn and your time very soon Luv, I have no doubt about that. Yes, it's hard to "suck it up" and be gracious at times when we're hurting deeply inside, but I know you'll do it for the sake of your DSS and because you're the better woman (of course you are, he's with you isn't he??)

I'm it's not AF arriving Luv I say take a leaf out of Skyler's book and pop a Val to get you through playing "Happy Families" tonight!!! Am thinking of you....
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-04-2015 at 20:28.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

emski72  (03-04-2015),Skyler  (03-04-2015),Summer  (03-04-2015),winsor  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Woohoo!!!! You poor Luv having a near panic attack on the way there But it's done now Luv and I'm everything and sending loads of your way that this is your time Luv!!! Go Embie Go!!!

Enjoy your Easter break too...
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-04-2015 at 20:28.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck skyler! and leisylou, i can completely understand how you feel about your partner's ex. & thanks blonde for all your encouragement

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),emski72  (03-04-2015),Summer  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou that would be very hard on anyone. And there is no way you could feasibly avoid her either. It would drive me crazy.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-04-2015),Summer  (03-04-2015),winsor  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas for your pep-talk and for not making me feel like an idiot for being my most pathetic self! I usually have my big girl pants on when I deal with the ex stuff, but right now I'm feeling a bit lost and vulnerable and want a bubba so bad that pretty much everything sets me off

A valium is a good idea - might have to do that!
    @thanks Winsor, and yep @Bongley I do try and avoid wherever possible, but it's not fair on little DSS when he asks me to come to an event - sometimes I just have to suck it up and go - it's about him, not me, but it's never an easy thing. I don't think anyone goes into a relationship going - yippee! I get to marry my DH and have his ex in my face all the time - lucky me!
    Last edited by Summer; 03-04-2015 at 14:55.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-04-2015),winsor  (03-04-2015)