Closed Thread
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou How you going Luv? Still dropping your drawers and POAS?? for 2 big, fat lines in the next couple of days

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    chiefsgirl awesome fert results! I hope you have great results with the PGD, I can only imagine how stressful it is. Good luck!

Maxkat - Im so sorry your cycle got cancelled. It does seem like you need another opinion, I'd definitely seek out other advice, our new FS said she encourages people to get 2nd/3rd/4th opinions, which I was really glad to hear. I started feeling like a bit of a crazy woman wanting to try other Dr's, but honestly, if you don't look after your own treatment, no one else will. Its now or never for us at this age.

All the DE talk makes me think more about it. I feel so tired of the constant battle and hard road that this all entails. I really think that if we aren't pregnant by the end of this year, I may be looking into the SA thing properly. And I agree that our partners find it really difficult to watch us go through all this hardship and pain. Mine certainly does. He'd give up tomorrow if I wanted to stop. But he's also said he will keep going as long as I want to. I think I would be able to convince him to do the donor egg thing, the prospect of a holiday and a conception is sounding very very enticing the more i think about it!!! What sort of stats are there in regards to success with a donor egg? Ive also been told my chances are 5% with my own eggs. This next cycle can't come quick enough. I just want to get started.

Ive got a feeling we are going to see at least 1 BFP in here in the next week. Lets hope it more than 1!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Chiefsgirl  (01-04-2015),emski72  (31-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2015),MaxKat  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I've got a feeling in my waters we're going to see more than one BFP in here as well the "Easter BFP Bunny" brings all you Lovelies one!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (01-04-2015),MaxKat  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Transfer on Good Friday @Skyler? You know what that means - good Friday - good embie - good results!😊

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ladies, we need some bfp's for this festive weekend!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry got really busy at work this avo and couldnt get online.
    Btw, i had my follow up BT this morning (remember? nurse told me yesterday "cycle canceled but if you want to, come for your last BT"). AND, i get phone call this avo that my estrogen has doubled overnight and FS wants to keep going. Got another BT and scan tomorrow morning. WTF?! Well, just took Orgatrulan...
    The worse thing is that tomorrow i might get that horrible phone call again telling me 'sorry but this time definitely cancelled'.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MaxKat The IVF roller-coaster strikes again. Good luck today, I hope those follies plump up!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MaxKat talk about a roller coaster ride !! Fingers crossed it happens for you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (01-04-2015),Skyler  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay MaxKat, that's great news! Get back on that roller coaster.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Had a busy day yesterday so only just got a chance to jump online and catch up on all the news.

@MaxKat - rollercoaster for sure - fingers crossed that finally everything is on track and this is going to end up a good cycle for you!

@leyshoja & @Bongley - not long now to POAS - Friday is the day! I will be stalking both of you to see if you get your BFP's!

@Luckyme1 - any news yet? AF arrived? Still BFN?

@Chiefsgirl - good luck hon, what a stressful wait, I hope you have lots of things to do to keep you occupied over the next few days to keep your mind of it all - great start though, so hope it all keeps going well

@Skyler - good luck for Friday, Good Friday could be a good omen!

AFM, yep BIB I POAS yesterday morning at what I think is about 10dpo and not even a squinter... I've run out of tests now so didn't do one this morning and not even sure if I'll buy a pack again, I might just wait for AF now. I know it's still early, but I don't feel pregnant and every single time I've just known. I think I'll have one more month of going "natural" before gearing up for a full IVF round in May. I still can't face it this month, so maybe in a few more weeks I'll gather the courage up to do the injections and meds. Might make an appointment to see Wazza and have a review as I was so sick I was bedridden a lot of the month I don't think I can do that protocol again, so would have to see if it can be changed a bit so I can actually function.

The DE thing is on my mind too. I wish I hadn't have been so naive when we first started trying. Because twice, I fell pregnant the first time we tried, I thought it would be easy, and that I just needed to score that good egg. My FS was a prick too, he just said "it's a numbers game" and even though I sat in his office the last time I fell pregnant (third time in a row), balling my eyes out, asking what I could do to save this baby - he didn't offer anything - even aspirin or prednisone etc - just said - "you know the stats" and sent me out of his office in floods of tears, only to miscarry a week later.

If I hadn't have been so naive I would have done IVF and PGD immediately. But having said that, to be honest it is only now, two years later that I truly feel ready for a baby. A bit ****ing slow at 43!!!! Of course if any of my pregnancies had stuck, we would have made it work, but the timing right now would be absolutely perfect, so maybe there is a reason behind it all.

My DH is keen on DE, but he has a lot of trouble handling my grief over not having my own biological child. He doesn't really get it, although the other night I tried explaining it from the reverse angle. I said, imagine if for years you've desperately wanted your own child, then you met me at 40 and I already had two children of my own and had experienced all the joys of pregnancy and birth with other partners, raising babies and being a mother - and then we try and find out that your sperm is no good, so we go to SA and I end up pregnant with another man's baby - so that is three of my own children and none are biologically yours - how would you feel? And he kind of got it then.

He struggles to understand that I can hold two feelings at the same time - on one hand I would be delighted, excited and would love a DE child unconditionally - but at the same time would be grieving the fact that I would never have a child that was biologically my own. He thinks that if I'm grieving then that takes away from loving the child I would have. I try to explain that I can feel both things at the same time.

I know I have some issues to get over with the DE thing and letting go of the dream of having a little replica of myself and DH together - I think because I love him so much and he is just the absolute love of my life I desperately want a child that is part of both of us together - especially as he has experienced that with his two previous partners. I feel like I would never quite measure up to his previous partners if I can't have his child myself - like I'm a failure if I can't create life with him... Anyway, lots of emotions to work through with my counselor before we go to DE - but I have in my mind that about October would work for us, so I'll start laying the groundwork for SA in the next couple of months if the May cycle doesn't work. As @leyshoja said, I either don't have a baby at all, or have a DE one, and my DH and I definitely want a family together so whatever way it has to happen - it will happen.

My FS has said 1% chance for having our own child - 5% sounds great to me! I think someone mentioned once that with DE it is 60%?

xxxxx
    Last edited by Summer; 01-04-2015 at 08:34.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (01-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-04-2015),MaxKat  (01-04-2015)