Closed Thread
Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. It means a lot to read your posts. @blondinBrisvegas I will chat to DH tonite about Wazza option. And especially if he does remote cycling as you said. Got nothing to lose, do I.
    After my first FS told us no point continuing (Sep14) and that ED was only option, my DH was ok. I think he is very similar to your half @leyshoja. It will be his as such and as long as I am ok with donor, he will go for it.
    But then I was recommended my current FS who thinks that there is still very tiny chance. So I kept going and going. Nov14 on Elonva, Puregon 150, Ovidrel – managed to squeeze something out and even had first ever transfer! BFN of course. Than he wanted me to go straight to next one, Dec14 same meds - cycle cancelled due to poor response. Then he said the same thing, straight into next one - Jan15 GonalF 600iu – cancelled due to cyst (due to too much hormones). He said take a month or two off. Just had a cycle cancelled due to poor response and he wants me to go straight into next one with same meds!? What is the point!
    When I asked DH last night about ED, he thinks we shouldn’t push it and that he loves me and he is ok not having kids. Seriously? I’m gutted! I know if I push him he will say ok, but I want both of us to want it!
    I have spoken to nurse at previous clininc about the donor thingo. What I need to do and how they will be involved. I was also given number of to call to talk to SA patient who just had twins with them and she was lovely. From start to finish – 3 months!
    Sorry I have been blabbering here too much…
    Hope all girls are doing ok!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Skyler  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #12

Keep in mind @maxcat that your DH probably doesn't want you to continue going through this torture over and over. I'm sure that if you were UTD he'd be all over the place with excitement. I'm surprised that you are having such bad response at 40. If you were to consider another cycle, I'd be going elsewhere. It almost sounds like you are the money train for that clinic.
    The short turnaround time is what grabs my attention for the SA option too. The sooner this merry-go-round finishes, the better.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 31-03-2015 at 13:59.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),MaxKat  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are absolutely right! He said he had enough of me being miserable and constantly teary. And SA was my immediate option due to fast process and the way you choose yr donor.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxKat View Post
    When I asked DH last night about ED, he thinks we shouldn’t push it and that he loves me and he is ok not having kids. Seriously? I’m gutted! I know if I push him he will say ok, but I want both of us to want it!
    Yep, very similar what my partner said and exactly my reaction too. It felt to me like a lack of interest and commitment, especially when you are going to such lengths. They are trying to be kind and taking the pressure off.
    Last edited by Bongley; 31-03-2015 at 14:24.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @MaxKat Right!!, so sounds as though he's had you on an antagonist/flare Cycle so far?? The Cycle where you developed a cyst I would write off as just bad luck Luv as that sometimes does happen unfortunately.

It seems to me that your ovaries don't like the high stimm's Luv. 600IU may be too much for them. I think at the very least your FS could let you try Menopur at a lower dose if he won't do an AACEP protocol for you. I think at @Chiefsgirl did a version of that protocol without the estrogen priming bit?? You could try that yourself and ask to go on a split dose of Menopur and either Puregon or Gonal-F to stim with. Even try a basic long, down reg protocol using these meds.

I'd prob lower the dose to maybe 300-350IU a day to start with and I'd alternate the Menopur with the Gonal-F/Puregon on a daily basis and split the dose in half. Half in the morning and half at night 12 hrs apart though it is ok to be out an hr or so either side if you've got something on for eg. Trigger with Pregnyl too for a change. Basically what I said in the other thread.

Surely your FS will let you try a basic change like that?? Maybe try Cetrotide to prevent ovulation as well?? I hope you don't need a 3rd opinion but if you do and you want one, I hope DH will agree to a visit with Wazza at the very least just to see what he says

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I did the conversion protocol these last two time which have been the best for me.

Cd2- start pill for 10 days
    Cd11 add lucrin, continue ocp
    Cd15 stop pill continue Lucrin till bleed
    Cd1half dose cetrotide
    Cd 2, half dose cetrotide, 600 gonal f
    Cd 3 same as before
    Cd4 onwards half dose cetrotide, 400 gonal f and 75 menopur
    Trigger with 10,000 units pregnyl

It's a lot slower than other cycles but I have got my best two responses using this one. My FS doesn't believe in splitting dose morn and night or using estrogen priming. If you look on dr Sher's website haves baby.com and search for agonist antagonist conversion protocol it should come up.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),MaxKat  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Chiefsgirl, great fert rate! I can empathise with you re waiting for the PGD update, especially when you've decided this is it. Hopefully you'll get some normals . I also get a big drop off after day 3 but you never know, this time yours will be survivors.

Bongley, drats re the frosties but you've got a decent one on board and lets hope it's the one.

Leyshoja, yeah way too early for POAS. Isn't the TWW just the pits.

MaxKat, I agree with Blonde, trying something different before quitting is a good idea. Unless of course you and DH agree on DE and are ready for that path.

Blonde, good on you re the house inspection. What a pain with the flooding problem and so frustrating that you have to make a million phone calls to get anything done. The Owners obviously knew about it!

AFM, may be just the general mood I'm in but for some reason I feel sick with dread about Friday's transfer. We go away down the coast on Thursday and have to drive up for the transfer, then back down again. Oh well, that's no big deal. I'm just really apprehensive.
    Last edited by Skyler; 31-03-2015 at 20:11.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Bongley  (31-03-2015),Chiefsgirl  (31-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2015),MaxKat  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler I was a bit teary on the way to mine which is not like me. Got a bit of a rude barista on the way through Newtown and wanted to pour my coffee over his head.

Is it a long drive?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Skyler  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Skyler I was a bit teary on the way to mine which is not like me. Got a bit of a rude barista on the way through Newtown and wanted to pour my coffee over his head.

Is it a long drive?
    Should only be an hour and a half each way, could be longer with the public holiday traffic (damn F3) but obviously I would rather be sitting on the holiday house balcony reading a book!

Ha ha, I'm getting so much less tolerant of bad service. I used to go to campos coffee in Camperdown when I was at Sydney uni, and the coffee was grrrreat, try there next time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler You'll make it to transfer on Friday Luv, I've no doubt about that!! Hate that feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach this is your BFP transfer too Luv!!

Yep, ditto about bad service. I almost always put a complaint in if I'm not satisfied. Too old to put up with sh*t from anyone anymore!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 31-03-2015 at 19:16.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (31-03-2015)