Closed Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge09 View Post
    Hi lovely ladies,

Bongley, leyshoja and Skyler i am cheering you all on. Hoping i haven't missed anyone if i have i apologise. I have no good input at all because blonde has been so articulate that anything i say would be redundant. So my advice is "what she said" lol

Just a quick update as i am ready to collapse into bed tonight! I have become our clinic's poster girl for worst case scenario lol

I have been very uncomfortable and had a lot of abdominal swelling but today at 3 days past EPU i knew it was time to go to see my FS.

It turns out i have had a larger than normal bleed following my EPU (apparently 250mls is not uncommon. Who knew? ) into my abdominal cavity. This is nothing to worry about as it will subside but it has left me feeling very sore and tired. Needless to say my transfer is canceled for tomorrow.

I asked for a 3 day report today (thanks to all the lovelies who gave me that advice. Can learn something even 5th time around) and it was a bit of confusion. You know that moment when you realise that there is tension in a workplace and you are just a bystander? It was one of those moments.

Nurse "so we froze 3 yesterday at day 2 and we have 2 growing out now for transfer tomorrow" (this was before it was canceled) FS "um...WHO decided to freeze at day 2? Why?" Nurse "mutters embyologists name" FS " but WHY? Are you kidding me? " me 'eyes like saucers going back and forth between the tennis match" eventually after lots of huffs, puffs, sound of disgust and an order to defrost my day 2 embies from yesterday i now have this. ..2 day 3 embies being grown out to day 5 (Saturday) , 3 x day 2 embies being grown out to day 5 (Sunday).

So if they make it i will have my first frosties ever. A bit excited about that even with the cancelation, it means i still have some quality left hanging about in there.

Anyway sorry about the war and peace ramble. .it has been a long day. Off for a wheat pack and sleep.
    Stay strong BH legend girls!

Oh and i second what Maxkat just said ^
    Sorry your transfer has been cancelled but glad you can see the positive aspects @Fudge09, really hoping you get some frosties and you can get an idea of the quality of your embryos by growing them to day 5. That's not good to see the mix up in the lab! No wonder your FS was angry.

Take it easy and rest and get better. You've been through enough, lets hope your next cycle is straightforward.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015),MaxKat  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Hey, I just realised I have a dilemma...

Part of my work is running events at predetermined dates, some of which are overseas. So last year I trained someone up to do my job, and then I stepped back and let her run a couple of events as I figured I needed the break to focus on getting pregnant and reduce stress etc etc.

Needless to say I lost the babies anyway. Unless I get a BFP next week, I am gearing up to go the full IVF maybe in April or May. I still have to get the guts up after the horror month I had on the program. Except I have an event to run overseas in July... And I just sacked the girl I trained up for various reasons. So I have no-one to cover me, and already have enough bookings to mean that I really do need to run this thing.

So WTF do I do????? What if I am in the first trimester by mid-July - do I go? If I don't cancel in the next week or so (which will really cost me financially), then I don't have a choice, I have to go no matter what.

My thinking is that I put things off last year and just stayed home and everything still turned out like crap, so maybe I just get on with my life as normal and a pregnancy just has to fit in? I know people travel and do all sorts of things pregnant - but I am SO worried...

Help!
    I caught so many planes in first and second trimester because I also travel for work, including a trip that was to some pretty remote communities. You'll be fine - you'll consult your GP and do all the things.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015),Summer  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou thinking about it you may want to mention your travels plans to the nurses or your FS. I've just remembered that the nurse at the hospital advised me not to fly long haul for a few weeks after a cycle. (to do with the risk of thrombosis) Apparently there have been some women who have fallen ill. I actually had flights booked to the UK and went anyway. Made sure I was up and walking around A LOT. Just thought I'd mention it, I would feel terrible if anything happened to you. The nurses at RPA see a lot of OHSS patients and women who have complications due to IVF from other clinics, I think that's why they are so cautious with our cycles.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015),MaxKat  (27-03-2015),Summer  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Fudge09, what a stuff up. Imagine if they had then lost one on defrosting !! Yes, better to wait until next month so you don't risk any of the littlies
    Leisylou, we are all a bit in the same boat. My life has been on hold for the last 2 years too. I miss going overseas and having money I'll be glad when its over one way or another.
    I had a think last night about this cycle and realised that my 4 cell embie almost making it to 8 cell on day 2 is great. If any have a chance of working while my hormones are probably all over the place, that will be the one. I keep wondering why my clinic don't do more blood tests to check hormones etc before transfer... it's only ever 1 test before cycle then a pregnancy test at the end.
    Another thing I've always wondered.... they are dosing the hell out of me now with estrogen and progesterone yet I had 2 EPU cycles that had cancelled transfers because my progesterone was too high. What the ?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015),MaxKat  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @Fudge09, what a stuff up. Imagine if they had then lost one on defrosting !! Yes, better to wait until next month so you don't risk any of the littlies
    Leisylou, we are all a bit in the same boat. My life has been on hold for the last 2 years too. I miss going overseas and having money I'll be glad when its over one way or another.
    I had a think last night about this cycle and realised that my 4 cell embie almost making it to 8 cell on day 2 is great. If any have a chance of working while my hormones are probably all over the place, that will be the one. I keep wondering why my clinic don't do more blood tests to check hormones etc before transfer... it's only ever 1 test before cycle then a pregnancy test at the end.
    Another thing I've always wondered.... they are dosing the hell out of me now with estrogen and progesterone yet I had 2 EPU cycles that had cancelled transfers because my progesterone was too high. What the ?
    Yeah that sounds very confusing. Have you been to another clinic or just the one? I'd be getting a second opinion if this cycle doesn't pan out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Right, so I probably could test today. But I'm feeling pessimistic about this cycle so I want to put off my feelings of disappointment for as long as possible. I'm 6 dp5dt.

I reckon even if I test positive I'd want to test everyday as I'd worry about a chemical or miscarriage which happened last time. (I've been unlucky enough to have both).

But then again lucky enough to experience the joy of it all going well. Aaargh

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fudge09. So sorry that it's been cancelled but it's good that they want to ensure everything went right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Yeah that sounds very confusing. Have you been to another clinic or just the one? I'd be getting a second opinion if this cycle doesn't pan out.
    No I've never been to another clinic. I only have one frostie left after this then it will be on to SA for a donor so I don't know if its worth the bother of looking into another clinic. Did you ever get told what the risks were with bleeding before, during or after an embryo transfer? Is it just the possibility that it could 'wash out' ? Or does it mean the lining quality is no good for implantation ? Did you have bleeding around transfer time with your successful pregnancy ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leisylou I'd get your obstetrician's advice.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Right, so I probably could test today. But I'm feeling pessimistic about this cycle so I want to put off my feelings of disappointment for as long as possible. I'm 6 dp5dt.

I reckon even if I test positive I'd want to test everyday as I'd worry about a chemical or miscarriage which happened last time. (I've been unlucky enough to have both).

But then again lucky enough to experience the joy of it all going well. Aaargh
    Have you got any symptoms at all ? You have way more restraint than me