Closed Thread
Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I have those moments too. On our boozy girls lunch a week ago we ended up around sister-in-laws house and were going to continue the party and order pizza, then her pregnant friend walked in and I was like 'actually nah, I really don't want to eat more greasy food tonight' and couldn't get out of there fast enough. She's almost exactly the same amount of preggers that I would have been now and I just didn't need to expose myself to that all night. I'm happy for her and she's a lovely girl, but you know how it is....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-03-2015),Chiefsgirl  (24-03-2015),Skyler  (24-03-2015),winsor  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same for me ladies. I'm happy for others but don't rub it in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winsor... thanks for explaining that. I'm gathering that whatever meds you're on are increasing your follicles, as I always thought that during a "natural" cycle there are only one or two follicles, with usually just one egg released each time. Certainly for my natural IUI that was the case - there was just one follicle, that obviously had the golden egg in it. I remember them scanning to check if there would be two (with the possibility of twins), but was kind of relieved when them was just the one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

winsor  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Winsor... thanks for explaining that. I'm gathering that whatever meds you're on are increasing your follicles, as I always thought that during a "natural" cycle there are only one or two follicles, with usually just one egg released each time. Certainly for my natural IUI that was the case - there was just one follicle, that obviously had the golden egg in it. I remember them scanning to check if there would be two (with the possibility of twins), but was kind of relieved when them was just the one.
    How are you looking and feeling @MGC Bertie? Pregnant yet ? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja.... Lol, I felt SOOOO pregnant after eating an enormous meal at an Italian restaurant on Saturday night, that I couldn't move!! Does that count? Surprisingly for the past week I don't think my tummy has got much bigger, but I've only been weighing myself, when I'm thinking I should have been using a tape measure. I went back to work yesterday and had my school photos with my class, and my flowing shirt did the trick - I don't think I looked any different. Good luck with your upcoming FET - I have my fingers crossed for you xo

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (24-03-2015),MaxKat  (24-03-2015),Skyler  (24-03-2015),winsor  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wahay Leyshoja, that's great new.

Hearing about other people's pregnancy's is always hard. Chiefsgirl, big hugs. Hopefully we'll be announcimg yours too soon. Life is so ****ing random it's not fair.

Feeling like it hasn't worked today but then feeling a bit crampy later so now thinking maybe it has. Already symptom spotting.

I'm working out when to test at home. I want to test definitely before the blood test but wondering if I should wait till AF is due and if it doesn't come then test. I'm on endometrim so not sure if that will hold it off anyway.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    chiefsgirl yes, it's hard to hear those announcements sometimes. hope you're ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    actually I'm not on any meds yet. apparently I have to take something after transfer (progesterone I think she said). I think what happens is we still make multiple follicles but as soon as the dominant one grows the others stop so there's only one egg released each month. I'm just hoping the other follicles stop growing before eggs are in them so I'm not wasting ~10 each cycle instead of 1! (but I always wondered how the count of going from millions -> 0 from my birth -> menopause (which I hope is still a fair way off) worked as if it was only 1 each cycle it didn't seem to add up. (120 eggs/yr x ~40 years is a lot less than a million)

plus when I had my initial scans prior to starting IVF there were about 9-12 I can't remember now. but around 5 or few more on each side. that was pre-IVF. which was why it was a surprise during my first IVF cycle that I only had a few on left side & none on right - as the pre-IVF scan had shown lots more. (I suspect they wouldn't have let me go ahead if I'd only had 1 on one side at that stage especially at my age - they didn't say that but that was the impression I got from tone of voice)

the scan lady mentioned it's do to with your AMH count? but I'm not sure - I thought that was in the blood test. so maybe it's something else. (I should pay more attention)
    Last edited by winsor; 24-03-2015 at 13:15.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Blah Chiefsgirl hang in there it's really tough and i think we all can relate to that... I watched two of my bosses have two kids each while I was single and desperate for a baby right through my 6 OE cycles...
    I just got the call that my bloods show I've ovulated so should expect AF in the next 10 days... Here's hoping anyway so I can get this show on the road!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (24-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (24-03-2015),winsor  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    actually I'm not on any meds yet. apparently I have to take something after transfer (progesterone I think she said). I think what happens is we still make multiple follicles but as soon as the dominant one grows the others stop so there's only one egg released each month. I'm just hoping the other follicles stop growing before eggs are in them so I'm not wasting ~10 each cycle instead of 1! (but I always wondered how the count of going from millions -> 0 from my birth -> menopause (which I hope is still a fair way off) worked as if it was only 1 each cycle it didn't seem to add up. (120 eggs/yr x ~40 years is a lot less than a million)

plus when I had my initial scans prior to starting IVF there were about 9-12 I can't remember now. but around 5 or few more on each side. that was pre-IVF. which was why it was a surprise during my first IVF cycle that I only had a few on left side & none on right - as the pre-IVF scan had shown lots more. (I suspect they wouldn't have let me go ahead if I'd only had 1 on one side at that stage especially at my age - they didn't say that but that was the impression I got from tone of voice)

the scan lady mentioned it's do to with your AMH count? but I'm not sure - I thought that was in the blood test. so maybe it's something else. (I should pay more attention)
    I think the whole eggs thing is a bit complicated. The AMH level indicates how many follicles you have left that could produce eggs. I guess as your body gets older the follicles deteriorate, so you may start with hundreds of thousands of follicles but they die off as we get older.

Also, women with polycystic ovaries have trouble ovulating as the follicles all grow but one never gets big enough ahead of the others to trigger ovulation. I think polycystic ovaries are defined as having more than 12? I can't remember now. I have PCO but not the syndrome.

Also, despite what most of us have heard, apparently your body can make more eggs, you aren't born with a finite amount. You lose your capacity to produce eggs as you get older. Here are some links if you're interested.

http://genetics.thetech.org/making-eggs-scratch

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and...-lifetime-eggs

http://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-03-2015),MaxKat  (24-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (24-03-2015),winsor  (24-03-2015)