Closed Thread
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MGC bertie, I'd rely on the Harmony results and not get an Amnio. Too much of a risk for me. we'd keep a downs baby anyway.

I agree with the others that the numbers look ok. I'm no expert but I think there is a hell of a lot of hope there.

Good luck everyone else in Queensland and I hope you're all surviving the cyclone ok, sounds very scary.

Good luck Chiefsgirl, sounds like a good plan and I hope u can survive the emotional roller coaster.

I have a question for the group. Should I keep exercising as normal this month. I'm running/walking on the treadmill (not very fast, but I'm not that fit) every other day and doing a 10 minute exercise dVd every day to improve my strength. It's really lifted my mood, I'm loath to give it up, but we're going to try naturally this month. What do you guys think, should I keep going with my exercise? I also want to lose this 5 kilos I put on with the Ivf/pregnancy

We're going to start to do our FET in Mid March.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (21-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Results are in
    ***drum roll please****

Out of a total of 43 eggs retrieved and banked over 3 cycles for PGD

12 looked suitable for biopsy
    - these included a perfect hatching blastocyst and other very good looking embryos
    - results showed that they ALL have complex genetic abnormalities and therefore NONE were normal.

I was not expecting this but then again I knew it was a possibility.

I jumped in a cab to the airport and halfway down the road remembered that I had a lone blastocyst left over from a previous cycle with my old FS that wasn't ICSI'd. I rang WDA and he thought we should quickly do a frozen with that. So I raced back and it actually re-expanded and the embryologist said it looked nice.

I'm fully expecting this not to work, it's a long shot, but I just couldn't destroy it knowing it could have been the random good one. You never know hey. So I'm still PUPO with that last little forgotten frostie.

After this the door closes on my own eggs and I have the answer I was looking for. I couldn't understand why we were transferring so many good looking embies and failing. DH took it worse than I did but I'm actually relieved to have a bit of closure.

Not sure what the future holds but we know there are options and at least I know we are clearly dealing with an egg issue here. This does allow me to be released now from stims and this disruption to my body while we look at other options - donor eggs being the obvious next step, so I'm happy about that.

Warm wishes Butterfly xxox
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 21-02-2015 at 15:43.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (21-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-02-2015),MrsErinR  (21-02-2015),Skyler  (22-02-2015),Summer  (21-02-2015),winsor  (23-02-2015)

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfli I'm going to stick my head in as one of the olden day over 40's. My final round of ivf we did pgd and I only had 2 suitable for biopsy.

My frozen one from 3 years ago was the only one without abnormalities. My doctor felt everything was against us but miraculously that frozen embie that didn't look that great 3 years ago is now a perfect 8 week old baby kicking away besides me as I type.

It happens.

X

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),MaxKat  (05-03-2015),Skyler  (21-02-2015),Summer  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Butterfly, what a shock, so this obviously includes all the embies from your most recent stim? I didn't realise the results could become available from PGD so soon. You seem to be at peace with this door closing, that's admirable. I'm going kicking and screaming and trying to put my foot through that door and stop it from closing. Still you've got a re-expanding blast on board so there's a sliver of light coming under the door jam. Will cross everything for you.

Luckyme, everyone's different with exercise. What you are doing sounds appropriate. I continue light exercise whenever I can throughout TTC. Some of the ladies do high impact stuff and personal training. My Doctor's advice is not to start anything your body is not used to during a stim cycle.

So many of us dealing with not so great news

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),Summer  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 I'm so sorry to hear that news. That just frigging sucks. It is pretty incredible to think out of that many eggs that you could possibly have this outcome. I really hope that you do have that miracle one on board.

I admire your philosophical view at closing the door on your own eggs - brave lady. I'm not at that point as I haven't done one proper IVF cycle yet, but I know full well that my eggs are not likely to be good, so I hope I have half the courage you are showing if and when I get to the same point.

Life just sucks sometimes.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-02-2015),Skyler  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Butterfly39 wow that is such a shock! Fingers crossed the embie you have on board is the perfect one. This is why I'm adamant to pgd my embies, I have no idea if it's an egg issue or just my immune issues. Praying for a sticky one for you.
    @MGC Bertie you just can't cop a break can you? I don't know much about the ratios but would def not be agreeing to invasive tests till you get the harmony results.

AF arrived for me last night, so back to pill popping tmw for me. Looks like I'll be in full 5-6 jabs per day timeframe when my in laws are staying for a week. 😤 great to see them but I always get so drained during a stim that entertaining as well will be tough.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-02-2015),Skyler  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Butterfly39 what a devastating result, I'm so sorry. I've only ever managed to get one or two grade 2 embies per stim cycle so I just can't believe none of your seemingly good embryos were suitable. Imagine all the time wasted if you had transferred them to find out. Good luck with the one on board. Glad you have a solid plan B with donor eggs and I hope that gives you a little bit of comfort.

@MGCbertie will the worry ever end? So glad the harmony test now exists so you can find out without putting the baby at risk. Even if the chance really is 20 to 1 then your baby is very likely absolutely fine, not that helps your peace of mind.
    @Luckyme1 I'd carry on with the exercise, the times that I stop it just throws me out for weeks (you may be different though!)

good luck everyone.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-02-2015),Skyler  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Butterfly39 Oh Luv, I'm so very sorry to read this I felt sure you'd have at least one normal to transfer. In fact, I thought you'd have more!! What a terrible blow for you and your DH.

Intellectually, you seem to have your head around things but it must be devastating emotionally for you, but as the other Girls have pointed out, at least you know now and haven't spent more time and more $ transferring embies that didn't have a hope in hell. Still fkng sux though and it must hurt you both deeply

It's great you've got a Plan B, but I'm hoping you won't need it Luv and this little one on board will be a winner!! If there's anything I've learned since both riding this sh*t of a ride and from all the other Lovelies here on the thread and on BH in general is that anything is possible and I'm hoping that fickle b*tch "Lady Luck" is going to be on your side too.

Am everything and sending lots of for a "lucky last" BFP for you both!! Good Luck Luv!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-02-2015 at 14:45.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (22-02-2015),Summer  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I have a question for all of you and it's a hard one. I want to know when to stop ivf. I know it's individual and of course Doctor's advice is important. But I want to know how some of you are thinking about this issue. And I want to ask you Blonde and Petal, as I can see you were successful on stim 5 (and I'm on stim 5), how many more would you have done had no. 5 not been the one. Did you have a goal post in mind?

For me, these are the reasons I have not quit. 1. The main one is because I had a chromosomally normal hatching 5 day blast on stim 2, so there's proof I can make a normal embie on PGD/CGH. (But will it ever happen again, I don't know coz the result for this embie was 'unknown'). 2. I respond well to stims, never less than 10 eggs (but even high responders can have poor egg quality). 3. Have produced at least 1 blast every cycle. If my PGD had have been accurate this time I think my decision would be easier. 4. Neither DH nor I are open to DE.

Reasons I do want to quit. 1. Doctor told me most people who get an ongoing pregnancy do so within 3 or 4 stim cycles. 2. Ivf is dominating my life and I'm really getting sick of it.

Butterfly how are you? I know you've just made your decision, thinking of you.

Bertie, what kept you going cycle after cycle?

Chiefs how many cycles are you going to do before doing the PGD testing?

Thanks for your help ladies, I am having trouble remaining optimistic.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),JMT  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Ladies I have a question for all of you and it's a hard one. I want to know when to stop ivf. I know it's individual and of course Doctor's advice is important. But I want to know how some of you are thinking about this issue. And I want to ask you Blonde and Petal, as I can see you were successful on stim 5 (and I'm on stim 5), how many more would you have done had no. 5 not been the one. Did you have a goal post in mind?

For me, these are the reasons I have not quit. 1. The main one is because I had a chromosomally normal hatching 5 day blast on stim 2, so there's proof I can make a normal embie on PGD/CGH. (But will it ever happen again, I don't know coz the result for this embie was 'unknown'). 2. I respond well to stims, never less than 10 eggs (but even high responders can have poor egg quality). 3. Have produced at least 1 blast every cycle. If my PGD had have been accurate this time I think my decision would be easier. 4. Neither DH nor I are open to DE.

Reasons I do want to quit. 1. Doctor told me most people who get an ongoing pregnancy do so within 3 or 4 stim cycles. 2. Ivf is dominating my life and I'm really getting sick of it.

Butterfly how are you? I know you've just made your decision, thinking of you.

Bertie, what kept you going cycle after cycle?

Chiefs how many cycles are you going to do before doing the PGD testing?

Thanks for your help ladies, I am having trouble remaining optimistic.
    I must admit I was at the stage of thinking my round 4 may have been our last (for emotional & financial reasons), but that was my best round for response & quality of eggs. I was a bit upset about developing OHSS and doing a freeze all, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. I'm 7wks3days, (as long as we have good news with the scan tomorrow) and we still have 3 frosties left. I think the fet agreed with me a lot more than having transfers after stimms. In saying that, now I pretty much think I have 3 more rounds up my sleeve with the frosties, but I don't think I would go back to a full stimms cycle. I think you'll know when it's time. I'd just gotten to the point of thinking I needed to focus on something for DH & I that wasn't going to end in disappointment. Good luck xx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-02-2015),Skyler  (22-02-2015)