Closed Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Birthday Emski, 1972 was a great year. I'll be 43 in September.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy birthday emski72 !! I too will be 43 in the next couple of months. They bred a great class of chicks back in 72 !
    Great numbers @Bongley - how exciting !! I hope you get a great haul.
    AFM, had my u/s today and my lining is looking good and transfer is scheduled for next Thursday of 2 day old emby (or embies). Yes they are still fighting inhouse about it and still no answer. My two pregnancies were both from 2 day embies so I'm happy with that. I asked the scientist about the 3 day vs 5 day and they believe there is no detrimental impact by putting them in the uterus as opposed to them being in the fallopian tube. They do 2 or 3 day transfers routinely and obviously get many pregnancies from them and only do 5 days if specifically requested or they need to test them.
    I should hear today whether they are going to allow me to do 2 x embies after my FS again talks to one of the doctors at the IVF clinic. It sounds like it has come up in several meetings now and they are divided over it. As far as the nurses are concerned it was still a no, but they hadn't heard any news in the last few days. Go FS !!! You can do it !! They keep going on about the fact that I had a pregancy from one of them. ARGGGH it was chromosomally abnormal IT DOESNT COUNT !!!! Apparently it does. Frustrating.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 20-03-2015 at 13:39.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Happy birthday emski72 !! I too will be 43 in the next couple of months. They bred a great class of chicks back in 72 !
    Great numbers @Bongley - how exciting !! I hope you get a great haul.
    AFM, had my u/s today and my lining is looking good and transfer is scheduled for next Thursday of 2 day old emby (or embies). Yes they are still fighting inhouse about it and still no answer. My two pregnancies were both from 2 day embies so I'm happy with that. I asked the scientist about the 3 day vs 5 day and they believe there is no detrimental impact by putting them in the uterus as opposed to them being in the fallopian tube. They do 2 or 3 day transfers routinely and obviously get many pregnancies from them and only do 5 days if specifically requested or they need to test them.
    I should hear today whether they are going to allow me to do 2 x embies after my FS again talks to one of the doctors at the IVF clinic. It sounds like it has come up in several meetings now and they are divided over it. As far as the nurses are concerned it was still a no, but they hadn't heard any news in the last few days. Go FS !!! You can do it !! They keep going on about the fact that I had a pregancy from one of them. ARGGGH it was chromosomally abnormal IT DOESNT COUNT !!!! Apparently it does. Frustrating.
    @leyshoja Wow, so annoying!! Well I think if they are only going to transfer 1 regardless then I'd wait until day 5 to see which is the best and save you the cost and waste of time of potentially two transfers.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-03-2015),Skyler  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja Wow, so annoying!! Well I think if they are only going to transfer 1 regardless then I'd wait until day 5 to see which is the best and save you the cost and waste of time of potentially two transfers.
    Potentially 3 transfers cos there's 3 left. I think they will do two because they've been told that I'm going elsewhere if they don't. Will find out soon enough I suppose...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2015),Bongley  (20-03-2015),MaxKat  (20-03-2015),Skyler  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Oh, FFS's Luv, how annoying!!! Am everything they pull their heads out of their ar*es and just do the DET!! Jesus!! It's not that difficult is it??

I agree with you that the other pregnancy doesn't count (not to sound insensitive Luv). Why, Oh Why must they act like a bunch of wa*kers about it all?? Interesting take from the scientist too Glad to hear lining's on track for Thurs...one less thing to worry about. Will look out for your update

Good Luck to all the other Girls too!! xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #12

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Oh, FFS's Luv, how annoying!!! Am everything they pull their heads out of their ar*es and just do the DET!! Jesus!! It's not that difficult is it??

I agree with you that the other pregnancy doesn't count (not to sound insensitive Luv). Why, Oh Why must they act like a bunch of wa*kers about it all?? Interesting take from the scientist too Glad to hear lining's on track for Thurs...one less thing to worry about. Will look out for your update

Good Luck to all the other Girls too!! xoxo
    Exactly. And no that's not insensitive. It was not a viable pregnancy.
    I was also concerned that they are transferring very early on cd14 but they said as long as my lining is thick it can be done that early. I thought it was usually between cd17 to cd22 roughly?
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 20-03-2015 at 16:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja I have no idea Luv as all my transfers have been fresh one's One of the other Girls will chime in I'm sure and fill you in

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy (late) birthday Emski and those numbers sounds promising Bongley. 5 would be great!

not sure about the day14 transfer leyshoja. I thought that was ovulation day? (though in my case it seems to be 13 or 14). I'm sure they know more than me though - they'd be monitoring the levels and all that. last cycle I think I transferred a day too soon (1 day earlier than other cycles). I think I need the extra day for maturity (but what do I know, it's just a feeling - apparently my levels were all correct at the time)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-03-2015),Bongley  (20-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello lovely ladies,

Well I had been in a zen state after holiday, yoga, walking and chilling for a couple of weeks (plus burning myself and being off sick because of that) but after one day back at work today that state has been destroyed! ARGH.

Happy belated birthday Emski. Great vintage that '72, I just make it into that year with a December birthday. Seems like there's a bunch of us here, go girls.

Bongley how exciting your follicles are nearly ready. Glad you have quite a few.

Leyshoja, the fact that your clinic cannot get their act together to give you a straight answer re 1 or 2 by now is a bit poor of them in my opinion. I take it you sent them your letter? When do you start stamping your foot? Because it's a medicated FET I don't know how it really works but certainly cd14 would be way too early for transfer in a natural cycle.

Thinking of you Lucky and Winsor and sending for your transfers.

Hi to everyone else

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-03-2015),Bongley  (20-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-03-2015),winsor  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Hello lovely ladies,

Well I had been in a zen state after holiday, yoga, walking and chilling for a couple of weeks (plus burning myself and being off sick because of that) but after one day back at work today that state has been destroyed! ARGH.

Happy belated birthday Emski. Great vintage that '72, I just make it into that year with a December birthday. Seems like there's a bunch of us here, go girls.

Bongley how exciting your follicles are nearly ready. Glad you have quite a few.

Leyshoja, the fact that your clinic cannot get their act together to give you a straight answer re 1 or 2 by now is a bit poor of them in my opinion. I take it you sent them your letter? When do you start stamping your foot? Because it's a medicated FET I don't know how it really works but certainly cd14 would be way too early for transfer in a natural cycle.

Thinking of you Lucky and Winsor and sending for your transfers.

Hi to everyone else
    That sounds like a great holiday ! Too bad real life was waiting for you lol.
    Yep there is nothing natural about this cycle. I simply go on estrogen to stop ovulation then when they decide the lining is thick enough I go on progesterone and a couple of days later we transfer. I was so surprised that my lining was ok today as I had a particularly long af which was still going on Monday so only four days later and it's already 9mm ?!? I guess that's why they're doing it in 6 days time. They are cutting it fine for me to transfer embies elsewhere. I didn't hear today, so should hear on Monday but tfer is scheduled for Thursday. They're probably dragging it out so I don't have time to go elsewhere grrr.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-03-2015),Skyler  (20-03-2015)