Closed Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, you guys seem to have had much more lenient FS's and embryologists than I have at Genea! My embryologists are just so strict and never ever in 5 cycles has a day 3 transfer ever been mentioned as an option. If you read any of their website etc, the party line is day 5. If my next transfer does not work, I'm seeing the medical director of Genea in Sydney and I've read his blogs etc (he writes a bit on BH). Again, he promotes day 5. Maybe day 3 is offered when there aren't many embies. Another reason it has probably not been offered to me is I've chosen PGD and they only do it on day 5.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

winsor  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And good luck Winsor!
    I'm a few days behind you, Monday will be day 11 for me and they're starting bloods then for the FET.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2015),winsor  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My FS has finally rung me and wants me to handwrite a letter to take to my appointment tomorrow, outlining the reasons and that I am aware of the risks. It is also probably to make them feel less responsible. This is it, any comments?

"I would like to request to have 2 embryos transferred in this current cycle. I know that it is not the usual or best practice when using donated oocytes and I know there is a risk of a multiple birth however I feel I should be given the opportunity to make this decision for several reasons:
    My donor had previously donated 3 oocytes to another recipient and now 5 to myself of which I have now used the 2 better quality embryos. So far 5 from 8 of her donated oocytes have not resulted in a birth. I know that sounds like I’m blaming the donor but I am definitely not. She has given us an opportunity and we were incredibly lucky she chose us. Even though I did have a pregnancy from one of the donated embryos, I feel that the way the pregnancy ended was a result of a chromosomally abnormal embryo – as it was surviving but had not grown for several weeks.
    I have now spent several years at your clinic doing back to back cycles and over $85,000 trying to achieve a pregnancy. I have been given financial relief by your clinic a few times thankfully, but of that I am still over $40,000 out of pocket and owe family members $19,000. I can’t financially or emotionally continue doing cycles.
    I was originally going to request to grow the embryos to 5 days then only transfer 1 if there was a really good quality one, otherwise 2 if they appeared to be a poorer quality, but after some consideration I think it would be less risk to the embryos to transfer 2 at 3 days. I know at this stage we have less knowledge of their viability and there is the possibility that both would not make it to transfer, but I also don’t want to risk losing all 3 at 5 days.
    I am well aware of the risks of multiple births and we are prepared for this eventuality. I also feel that I am healthy enough to put my body through that if it happens. I will understand if you are not prepared to transfer 2 at your clinic and can transfer them elsewhere if required, but obviously would rather continue receiving care at your Sunshine Coast office."

Nice enough ?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2015),MaxKat  (19-03-2015),winsor  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very nice and it covers everything. Also it shows you have a great understanding of the issues. Just one thing, where you say 'I think' you could say 'I have decided' or 'I have chosen this despite the risks'. Just because 'I think' can be seen as still slightly ambiguous. Sometimes when people say 'I think', they are still open to changing their minds. You want to sound definite in the choice you have made.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Over 40s Roll Call

Waiting
    Fingerscrossd11 #8 DP mild NK cells
    Ertgirl #5 considering DE SA
    Wanabemum #? FET Oct
    Cyd # 6? 14?
    Precious40 #9
    Tuxcat #8
    SpringRain #11 (? frosties)
    Sophdask #8 - FET Jan 2015
    Kelly70 #5
    Nereid #6
    Angels4Me #11
    MaxKat #6
    Killarneygirl #4
    Chillout71 #?
    Snickers74 #?
    Faithandhopelove - #6
    Miss Da #3 last try using OE, then perhaps friend's DE
    Emski #9 DE SA FET 2x5dt ?/6/15
    Leisylou #2
    Butterfly39 #4 DEs ?
    Petal40 #6 (3 frosties)

Cycle Underway
    Fudge09 #5 (1 angel 18wks), 16 follicles, EPU 23/3
    Bongley #12 - 7 follicles, EPU 26/3

Winsor #4 FET 1x5dt 26/3

Leyshoja #11 (DE clinic) FET 2x2dt 27/3, BT 2/4
    Skyler #8 - FET ?
    Chiefsgirl #10 (4 frosties for PGD) EPU 27/3

TWW

Luckyme1 #5 FET 1x5dt 21/3, BT 1/4
    Biscotti71 #5 EPU 16/3, 2 out 2 fert, 1x3dt 19/3, BT 1/4

UTD
    KLM0511 #7 (DE SA) EDD ?
    MyHeart #9 (DE World Egg Bank) 2x3dt (2 frosties), EDD 9/15
    Twinkley #2 (1 frostie) EDD 8/15
    MGCBertie #13 - (IUI with donor sperm) EDD 27/8/15
    Luca #9 (DE SA), 2x5dt, planned c-section 28/4/15 or earlier

Proud Mummies
    MrsErinR #4 (DE SA) baby girl Leah born 14/2/15
    Kenta #12 baby girl born c-section 15/1/15
    Spottheocelot #13 baby girl Alexa born
    Emski72 #8 (DE SA) baby girl born 12/11/14
    Liveandlearn - #4 baby girl born 22/9/14
    BlondeinBrisVegas - #5 baby girl born 28/8/14
    Ann17 #6 baby born 21/5/14
    Sunny15 (DE) #9 baby boy born 24/4/14
    TeamPanda #8 baby girl born 21/4/14
    MusicalGal #4 baby boy born 7/3/14
    Twocam #1 baby boy born 19/1/14
    Chook11 #6 baby boy born 15/1/14
    Smileygirl #1 baby girl born ?/13
    JoJoD #10 baby boy born 12/12/13
    Bongley #4 baby boy born 11/12
    Wannabb # twins born 2012
    Micca (DE) #3 baby girl born 2011 and #11 baby born 18/1/14
    Ertgirl #3 baby boy born 2012?
    Cyd #10 baby boy born 2011?
    Killarneygirl #1 baby girl born ?
    Dextersmum #2 baby girl born ?
    Angels4Me #1 baby boy born /12
    Octoberbaby2010 #2 baby born 20/9/10 and #8 baby born 19/4/14
    GNH #1 baby girl born 2010 and #3 baby boy born 2012

Not on Bubhub anymore
    GnH #8 - ICSI start 17/11, EPU 12/12, not on BH since 12/14
    Dextersmum # 4 ? eggs, BT 29/8, not on BH since 8/14
    Beckymae #2 not on BH since 9/14
    Malkitek #6 not on BH since 9/14
    Grace1 #1 - 6 eggs, 2x3dt, EDD 5/15 not on BH since 10/14
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 22-03-2015 at 08:18.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (19-03-2015),Skyler  (19-03-2015),winsor  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Very nice and it covers everything. Also it shows you have a great understanding of the issues. Just one thing, where you say 'I think' you could say 'I have decided' or 'I have chosen this despite the risks'. Just because 'I think' can be seen as still slightly ambiguous. Sometimes when people say 'I think', they are still open to changing their minds. You want to sound definite in the choice you have made.
    Good point, will do, thanks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja i agree witb @Skyler. Change that bit as it could be opportunity for them to try to change your mind. Otherwise well written.
    @winsor good luck with your FET!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-03-2015),winsor  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the positivity about me getting a double FET @MGC Bertie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    My FS has finally rung me and wants me to handwrite a letter to take to my appointment tomorrow, outlining the reasons and that I am aware of the risks. It is also probably to make them feel less responsible. This is it, any comments?

"I would like to request to have 2 embryos transferred in this current cycle. I know that it is not the usual or best practice when using donated oocytes and I know there is a risk of a multiple birth however I feel I should be given the opportunity to make this decision for several reasons:
    My donor had previously donated 3 oocytes to another recipient and now 5 to myself of which I have now used the 2 better quality embryos. So far 5 from 8 of her donated oocytes have not resulted in a birth. I know that sounds like I’m blaming the donor but I am definitely not. She has given us an opportunity and we were incredibly lucky she chose us. Even though I did have a pregnancy from one of the donated embryos, I feel that the way the pregnancy ended was a result of a chromosomally abnormal embryo – as it was surviving but had not grown for several weeks.
    I have now spent several years at your clinic doing back to back cycles and over $85,000 trying to achieve a pregnancy. I have been given financial relief by your clinic a few times thankfully, but of that I am still over $40,000 out of pocket and owe family members $19,000. I can’t financially or emotionally continue doing cycles.
    I was originally going to request to grow the embryos to 5 days then only transfer 1 if there was a really good quality one, otherwise 2 if they appeared to be a poorer quality, but after some consideration I think it would be less risk to the embryos to transfer 2 at 3 days. I know at this stage we have less knowledge of their viability and there is the possibility that both would not make it to transfer, but I also don’t want to risk losing all 3 at 5 days.
    I am well aware of the risks of multiple births and we are prepared for this eventuality. I also feel that I am healthy enough to put my body through that if it happens. I will understand if you are not prepared to transfer 2 at your clinic and can transfer them elsewhere if required, but obviously would rather continue receiving care at your Sunshine Coast office."

Nice enough ?
    Good letter.

I'd take out the line "I know this seems like I'm blaming the doctor..." I don't think you need to explain it either way, just distracts from your point.

I'd also take out the ambiguity around your decision by removing the lines:

"I was originally going to request to grow the embryos to 5 days then only transfer 1 if there was a really good quality one, otherwise 2 if they appeared to be a poorer quality, but..

and just say after detailed and careful consideration I want to transfer two etc etc.

They don't need your decision making process, it's stronger without.

(Sorry for the thread hijack but I used to be in charge of correspondence at a big department so it's kind of my jam).

Good luck, can't wait to hear that you're double PUPO.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, thanks for the roll call, however I thought Bongley and Fudge had cycles underway currently?