Closed Thread
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja my FS does day 3 & 5 transfer, but at my only one ever transfer i was told he prefers day 3 as long as the quality is good. He said there is no need to wait till day 5 if the egg looks good. But that's just one FS.
    Hard decision for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would grow to day 5. This comes up all the time, day 3 vs day 5. A day 3 embie would be in the Fallopian tube, not the uterus, so a uterus is no more a natural place for it than a Petri dish. Also, abnormal embies are less likely to develop to day 5 so can be discarded. Of course ppl have success with day 3 embies but those ones probably would have survived to day 5. Genea will not do day 3 unless the patient absolutely insists (a friend of mine did that and got a baby out of a day 3 embie). Generally if it dies in the dish it would have died in the uterus too. In terms of one ore two, I feel in your situation, put two in because from everything you've said lately, that is what you want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Well, Hall-e-bloody-llujah!!! Sounds like they're actually going to do the right thing by you this time!! Good on that FS going in to bat for you btw....

Yes, well, as you can see, I did have success with a Day 3 transfer but everything all the others have said about Day 5 is true. However, I think @emski72's made a good point to maybe wait and see how they look on Day 3, speak to the scientist/embryologist as they often have a completely different point of view of their own and go from there.

I would definitely be putting 2 back if possible and if you have to have them transferred to Brisbane, it's not a big deal Luv. I had to have mine transferred on Cycle 2 from my previous FS's rooms (he had a lab onsite) to the lab in the City as I was having a transfer on a Sat and the usual hospital he works with didn't do Sat's so had to go into St Andrews to have it done, anyhoo..they just transferred them over a day or so before transfer.

What I would do is ring the "wife" and get her to schedule me a tentative booking for a Day 3 and Day 5 transfer (providing they're going to play ball where you are and you don't have to transfer the embies) so that you can decide what you're doing after you've spoken to the scientist/embryologist if you don't make up your mind before.

I think if an embryo has got what it takes to implant (and I've said this to another BH'r buddy on another thread) it will regardless of what day it's transferred. Go with your gut feeling Luv on when is right for you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-03-2015),MaxKat  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Well, Hall-e-bloody-llujah!!! Sounds like they're actually going to do the right thing by you this time!! Good on that FS going in to bat for you btw....

Yes, well, as you can see, I did have success with a Day 3 transfer but everything all the others have said about Day 5 is true. However, I think @emski72's made a good point to maybe wait and see how they look on Day 3, speak to the scientist/embryologist as they often have a completely different point of view of their own and go from there.

I would definitely be putting 2 back if possible and if you have to have them transferred to Brisbane, it's not a big deal Luv. I had to have mine transferred on Cycle 2 from my previous FS's rooms (he had a lab onsite) to the lab in the City as I was having a transfer on a Sat and the usual hospital he works with didn't do Sat's so had to go into St Andrews to have it done, anyhoo..they just transferred them over a day or so before transfer.

What I would do is ring the "wife" and get her to schedule me a tentative booking for a Day 3 and Day 5 transfer (providing they're going to play ball where you are and you don't have to transfer the embies) so that you can decide what you're doing after you've spoken to the scientist/embryologist if you don't make up your mind before.

I think if an embryo has got what it takes to implant (and I've said this to another BH'r buddy on another thread) it will regardless of what day it's transferred. Go with your gut feeling Luv on when is right for you.
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas, I've also had embies attach early. My 2 pregnancies were from a 2 day and a 3 day transfer so I'm reasonably comfortable with another 3 day transfer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas, I've also had embies attach early. My 2 pregnancies were from a 2 day and a 3 day transfer so I'm reasonably comfortable with another 3 day transfer.
    @leyshoja Sounds like two on day 3 would suit you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja Sounds like two on day 3 would suit you.
    Seems like I'm convincing myself along those lines ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Seems like I'm convincing myself along those lines ...
    Yep. Go for it. I think, (and I hope you don't mind me saying this) but if I was at the age you (we!) are with the amount of money you've spent I would accept the risks that come with twins and so stick back 2. Might as well do it on day 3.
    @Skyler I had two day 3 transfers with Genea. I think they wanted to put one back asap because it didn't look very good (5 cell) and they didn't want me rocking up on day 5 with nothing to put back. And the second was a good looking emby but all the rest looked cr@p so they said I might as well put it back on day 3 as it was the lead contender. This was a few years ago. Also, a friend of mine went through Genea with a different FS and on her SECOND transfer they suggested putting two back. WTF? My doctors have always been dead set against so I think a lot depends on the FS.

No wonder we all get so confused, ha!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja And I'll also add that when I had the 3 embies transferred last Cycle they were only at the 5,6 and 7 cell stage (they weren't a full 72 hrs old though because I know what time my eggs were ICSI'd). Obviously I'll never know which one went on to give me my BFP/daughter just wanted to let you know what my experience was

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a day3 transfer at genea also. my FS prefers day5 but they said they'll grow them out and if there's 2 looking good at day3, they'll go to day5. if there's 1 much further ahead at day3 then they'll do day3. in my case there was only 1 at day3 so in it went. my FS said she was tempted to let it goto day5 anyway. I guess it wouldn't have survived to then

it sounds like you've worked out the plan. good luck. it's great they're listening to your ideas.

I'm back in for blood tests on sat (day13), so should know when I ovulate over the w/e I guess. hoping it defrosts ok and for a BFP

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    I had a day3 transfer at genea also. my FS prefers day5 but they said they'll grow them out and if there's 2 looking good at day3, they'll go to day5. if there's 1 much further ahead at day3 then they'll do day3. in my case there was only 1 at day3 so in it went. my FS said she was tempted to let it goto day5 anyway. I guess it wouldn't have survived to then

it sounds like you've worked out the plan. good luck. it's great they're listening to your ideas.

I'm back in for blood tests on sat (day13), so should know when I ovulate over the w/e I guess. hoping it defrosts ok and for a BFP
    Good luck Winsor and thanks everyone for your responses to my quandary.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-03-2015),winsor  (19-03-2015)