Closed Thread
Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick note for those with adenomyosis I wd do a search in the NK forum as there have been a few ladies there who have been told chances of success with this are slim. Two ladies in a facebook group I'm in have only just had success now after having treatment for it. There is a dr in south Australia who is the one to go see. I think he treats you with zolodex or something I can't remember the name for three months then you can go cycle.

Just my two cents worth but def worth investigating before you lose precious embies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Chiefsgirl for the adenomyosis info. I've booked a second opinion consult just this morning for which I will have to travel to Sydney. I'm a bit spoilt having my current Dr's rooms literally on my street! And the clinic where all my procedures are done is a 5min drive away. For some reason I feel guilty as if I'm 'cheating' on my current clinic, I know that is bloody stupid! How's stimming treating you this time, still on multiple injections per day? Scans coming up?

Tuxcat, I ended up booking with the medical director of Genea in Sydney. Your FS looks good too but thought I'd stay with Genea rather than ivf Aus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl thanks for that info. Funny you should say that as last night I was doing a lot of reading of other threads where people with adeno have all done the long down reg. I had heard of it before, my original FS did mention it but when I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle it seemed like it wasn't an issue. We are going away in May for 2 weeks and I thought I might talk to the new FS about doing the long down reg if the first cycle doesn't work. Some people seem to do it for between 6-8 weeks.

For those who have email addresses for their FS, do you email them to ask them these sorts of questions or is it not really the right protocol? She has said to me to email her when I get my next AF so we can organise the NK cells test, I just want sure if I could email her about general questions too.

Skyler – good luck with your appointment, in ours yesterday, she was saying she thinks its great for people to pursue other opinions 2-3-4 times for a fresh set of eyes. She seemed to say a lot of the things that I had always thought, so its feels like a good match.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015),Skyler  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tuxcat if she has indicated that she's happy to communicate by email then go for it. Once I sent my FS a long list of questions via email and she emailed me back, 'please make an appointment' basically because there were too many questions and a lot of them were tricky so she thought they were best addressed in person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a massive headache yesterday and not as bad today, but still a headache.

And tired, is this the Clomid? (50 mg/mcg) I've stopped taking it on Friday but haven't ovulated yet. I had my scan today.

I had 4 follicles on right and one less than 10 on left. Is that normal?

Feel terrible and really struggling today. Too busy with kids to just rest. I've only got one stim cycle in me if this doesn't work, it's just too hard with two kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloods looking good. Day one of embryo's life. Transfer on Saturday. Does that mean I would have ovulated yesterday and why did I have four follicles on the right then?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the drug that they took for a few months was a suppressant, but different to the ones used in IVF cycle. To down regulate them tho, like a long down cycle.

I've never emailed my FS or my immune dr so can't help with that.

Thanks @Skyler Yep multiple jabs again. BT yesterday was super low so back again tmw for another one. I reckon epu will be fri 27 or the mon 30 March. It's going to be a long stim!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015),Skyler  (17-03-2015),tuxcat  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja you looked great at the circus party! And even better than the original costume picture. Something to take your mind away from all this craziness. It is soo difficult to do anything in AU. Whether adoption or DE. The rules and regulations, unbelievable. Your DH sounds absolutely lovely!!! Wish mine would think like that.

Good luck for your SA trip @emski72. I’m sure it will be successful as last year.

@Bongley – I was thinking about Prague too. But at my last clinic I got contact for one lucky mum who went to SA and was willing to share it with me. She was wonderful, we had a long chat. She said she has chosen SA as the list of egg donors was better. She told me that you get long list with their very detailed ‘resume’, some 8-10 pages. You read everything about them and their direct families, from school to medical history, likes, dislikes, etc. You can see donor child picture. Once you pick your 2-3 candidates, you will send the agency your adult picture and they will try to ‘match the look’ with donor adult picture. I think from what I read here on Prague, not many choices and not much info about the donor. But it’s everybody’s choice. I suppose as long as there is an BFP at the end, it really doesnt matter.

@tuxcat – FS is taking good approach and I think that’s what makes difference. These things play with our minds too and if we can talk to understandable FS, it all makes it worth it.
    Last edited by MaxKat; 17-03-2015 at 16:19. Reason: typo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015),Seahorse1xxx  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @maxkat I'll properly investigate the options when I know it's a road we'll be going down. I've read very positive things on both threads here on bubhub. Being able to visit my folks would be a massive bonus as they haven't met my son yet and I just won't be able to afford another OS trip for another few years. Plus a long haul flight with a toddler is not something I want to be doing very often, ha! Otherwise I would LOVE to go to SA.

Speaking of going down that road, I jokingly asked my partner if I could post an ad for a donor and he said yes! I was totally shocked. We found out two weeks ago his brother is having a second child and that hit him harder than I realised. So ad posted! Excited but also quite wary of how long this next step will take.
    Last edited by Bongley; 17-03-2015 at 16:54.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2015),emski72  (17-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-03-2015),MaxKat  (17-03-2015),ScubaGal  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley thats great, how exciting to start the ball rolling

Chiefs - i think its zoladex. I will ask her about it and have it as my plan b. Hope the bloods go well tomorrow

Skyler - how did your appointment go?

Luckyme1 - good luck for ET ! Hope you start to feel better

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (17-03-2015)