Closed Thread
Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    What a cute couple leyshoja!! hope you had a fun night!

I hear you about the negative defence system in place, it does help. So your donor is Australian?
    Yes she's a lady from North Qld I believe. I would much prefer a completely anonymous donor, but I guess at some point in the far future a medical history may come in handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja you guys look great!! I hear you on the adoption issues. It's just so damn hard. You know it's a difficult option when it makes ivf look easy and cheap by comparison.
    We'll, I had a mini break through on the weekend, my partner said he was considering the DE route! I think it helps that all his siblings are popping out kids so we are faced with newborns and pregnancies a lot right now. So I think we will have a big chat after this cycle. I'm over ivf with my own eggs but I know a BFP can come out of nowhere.

Good luck everyone. Will read through all the posts properly this week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja you guys look great!! I hear you on the adoption issues. It's just so damn hard. You know it's a difficult option when it makes ivf look easy and cheap by comparison.
    We'll, I had a mini break through on the weekend, my partner said he was considering the DE route! I think it helps that all his siblings are popping out kids so we are faced with newborns and pregnancies a lot right now. So I think we will have a big chat after this cycle. I'm over ivf with my own eggs but I know a BFP can come out of nowhere.

Good luck everyone. Will read through all the posts properly this week.
    Yeehaa if he's considering it, you have your foot in the door ! Well done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Yeehaa if he's considering it, you have your foot in the door ! Well done.
    Yes, I was surprised, I thought he might crack a bit further along, at xmas say, when loosened up by a few beers and surrounded by newborn nieces and nephews I am pleased on one hand but I'm now facing the prospect of trying to organise it all and knowing that we face many more months of uncertainty (and still might come out empty handed obviously). We will try to find a known donor first before considering the OS option. So god knows how long this will all take....... I can't do it for more than another year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's good news Bongley and a lot to take in! Men are funny like that, it took my hubby a good 12 months to come around.

I'm curious exactly how much a DE cycle in Aus costs approx. Leyshoja did you have to remburse your donor for days off work, parking, babysitting etc.? or because it was part of a clinic list of donors was it different? Tell me to eff off if that's too personal! When I first was looking at DE I did a quick calculation and hit about 10k for a local cycle with no guarantee I would find a donor who would accept me and figured I may as well go to SA, choose my own and have a holiday included for that. I was also a bit picky in the end and wanted someone under 30 to give us the best possible chance and found that wasn't really possible in Aus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    That's good news Bongley and a lot to take in! Men are funny like that, it took my hubby a good 12 months to come around.

I'm curious exactly how much a DE cycle in Aus costs approx. Leyshoja did you have to remburse your donor for days off work, parking, babysitting etc.? or because it was part of a clinic list of donors was it different? Tell me to eff off if that's too personal! When I first was looking at DE I did a quick calculation and hit about 10k for a local cycle with no guarantee I would find a donor who would accept me and figured I may as well go to SA, choose my own and have a holiday included for that. I was also a bit picky in the end and wanted someone under 30 to give us the best possible chance and found that wasn't really possible in Aus.
    That's fine, I'm happy to share. It was ridiculously expensive.
    The 'registration fee' and 'donor recruitment fee' were combined around $6000 - $7000 from memory, then it was a full IVF cycle fee for the donor (around $9k) plus a full FET cycle fee for me (around $3k) plus the emby freeze ($600). The whole thing totalled around $21,000 and I got around a $2000 discount, so about $19,000. Neither she nor I are able to claim the private hospital fee on medicare (wtf?) so grand total was around $20,000, and I got around $7500 back from medicare. So, in a nutshell I'm around $12,500 out of pocket.
    I could have gone to SA and had an included holiday for that. PLUS an 8-12 week wait for SA is a lot better than the min 12 month wait I was originally told to prepare for.
    If I'd had a known donor I would have saved the $6000-7000 so oop would have been maybe $6000 instead of $12,500. BUT I do think I'm with the most expensive clinic around.

The donor had the option of claiming for any days off work for herself and her partner, travel costs etc but she chose not to. She had to stay an extra couple of days for a longer stim so she and her partner had extra days off work, but were nice enough to not claim it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

winsor  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you for that info as I think it helps a lot if people to know to make informed decisions. I looked at using the world egg bank through Monash and that was approx 23k all up. It's so prohibitive here!
    SA was about 9k for cycle/donor meds plus flights accommodation - FET rates are $750 aud plus flights accommodation.
    Wishing you well whatever you choose Bongley.
    I have my FS appointment tomorrow to organise my medications for my SA trip - feels good to get the ball rolling. My period still hasn't returned so I'm hoping we can jump start it with provera (although I've been feeling so periody for a week now). Anyone used it before?
    Em x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-03-2015),Chiefsgirl  (16-03-2015)

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have my FS appointment tomorrow to organise my medications for my SA trip - feels good to get the ball rolling. My period still hasn't returned so I'm hoping we can jump start it with provera (although I've been feeling so periody for a week now). Anyone used it before?
    Em x
    Em I've had to use provera to jump start a few times with IVF and it works a charm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for that info as I think it helps a lot if people to know to make informed decisions. I looked at using the world egg bank through Monash and that was approx 23k all up. It's so prohibitive here!
    SA was about 9k for cycle/donor meds plus flights accommodation - FET rates are $750 aud plus flights accommodation.
    Wishing you well whatever you choose Bongley.
    Em x
    That's a reasonable price. Are you planning on transferring both of your frosties ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah will transfer both, one is a 'pre-blastocycst' so not the best quality. If this cycle doesn't work, we will go for a full fresh cycle (hopefully with the same donor as Edie) before the end of the year.

Thanks Spot - the lack of AF is really stressing me out so it's good to know there is a solution to kick start my hormones hopefully.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post: