Closed Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Yes, nothing like an "idle threat" and the thought of you taking your $ elsewhere to put the wind right up their sails and get some action happening methinks Luv!!!

@tuxcat He does that Luv!! It has been referred to as "the kitchen sink protocol" before I should've also mentioned for Cycle 4 I did a combination of Menopur/Gonal F taken on alternative days and the dose split morning and night, and on Cycle 5 I did Puregon/Menopur exactly the same as Cycle 4. Also used Lucrin/Cetrotide to stop ovulation. No, it's not like a long down reg at all doing this Cycle. Oh and I triggered with Pregnyl both times too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol Tuxcat it's funny!
    Tell you all what's not funny and has the power to take one's mind of ivf, I burnt myself severely last night with hot cooking oil. DH ran into the neighbour's house, she is lovely, an older lady, who held me under the cold tap and then he ran into our other neighbour's house, she is a Dr and she sped to the chemist and bought proper burns dressings and put them on. I was screaming louder than ever in my life, burns fruiting hurt! It's both hands and one leg affected. Darling neighbours saved us from spending all night in emergency. DH had to shower me as I have to raise both arms in the air. Can't work, drive or even put my hair up. This has sure put ivf into the background. For a few hours last night I totally forgot about ivf and babies only that ironically my neighbour said that people only usually scream like that in labour! I've only got the use of 2 fingers, af had better not come now!!

Since I can't do housework I'll likely be checking BH all day. Crossing fingers for a miracle blood test Leyshoja.
    Last edited by Skyler; 10-03-2015 at 08:06.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Skylar oh no, burns are just absolutely awful, how did you cope with the pain???

good luck today @leyshoja I hope this BT brings closure to this round if nothing else.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (10-03-2015),Skyler  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @Skyler you poor thing !! Must have taken a while to type that email?
    I'm hoping for a definite BFN with the bt otherwise I'll be waiting for further blood tests to confirm a Chem pregnancy. If it's positive this late it will be a dud anyway I'd say.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bongley, I coped with the pain by screaming, weirdly enough it helped a bit. Then took panadeine forte. Also the contact of the bandages helps, Dr (neighbour) said it's the contact with the air which causes a lot of the pain but she also said it's good that it hurts as it means the skin is not dead ie it's superficial.

Leyshoja, yeah takes a while to type.......
    Once I had bfn's on sticks all along and blood test hcg 5. They said it wouldn't work and it didn't but the hcg doubled and tripled like mad as it's supposed to, rising to 1392, got my hopes up and then it dropped off. I ignored their advice to stop the progesterone but I really should have listened coz I could have had it over and done with sooner. So for your sake I hope it's clear either way, not a chemical.

Hi to everyone else on this sunny Tuesday

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Hi Bongley, I coped with the pain by screaming, weirdly enough it helped a bit. Then took panadeine forte. Also the contact of the bandages helps, Dr (neighbour) said it's the contact with the air which causes a lot of the pain but she also said it's good that it hurts as it means the skin is not dead ie it's superficial.

Leyshoja, yeah takes a while to type.......
    Once I had bfn's on sticks all along and blood test hcg 5. They said it wouldn't work and it didn't but the hcg doubled and tripled like mad as it's supposed to, rising to 1392, got my hopes up and then it dropped off. I ignored their advice to stop the progesterone but I really should have listened coz I could have had it over and done with sooner. So for your sake I hope it's clear either way, not a chemical.

Hi to everyone else on this sunny Tuesday
    If you end up with burns that look like they may scar, the best thing for it is pure Vitamin E oil. It comes in a tiny little bottle almost like eye drops. I had a huge burn on my leg from a hot cup of tea and the skin came off in a slab, but after a few days, when I could bear it, I started with the oil and kept it up for maybe 6 weeks (supposed to do it for 90 days) and I have not a mark. I got that tip from a lady at work who burnt the back of her hand off with one of those gel candles (while drunk) and her burnt/vit E treated hand actually looked better than the other one after a few months. I now use vitamin E oil mixed with bio oil as my moisturiser of choice - especially around my eyes. I am over 40 you know !
    Yes, I will be filthy if it comes back at 5 or similar. That will have me in limbo.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (11-03-2015),Skyler  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if you can change user names? Mine is a conglomeration from my previous husbands name, and it doesn't really roll off the tongue.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ouch Skyler that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling better now. do you have to go the doctors to have the dressing changed

16. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja thanks for advice re vit E and bio oil, will give it a go in a few days. Not sure how to change usernames, maybe there's a help thread I seem to remember somewhere? Did you get the dreaded phone call?

Thanks Winsor, I will go over to my neighboor's house on Thursday and she is gonna change the dressings. She will also give me a Dr's certificate for work. Have never called on her before for medical advice but this was an emergency and DH did not know what else to do. Once our other neighbour called on me at 11pm one night for an emergency with her dog (I'm a vet) and I didn't mind. It's kind of a good neighbourhood like that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

winsor  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Leyshoja thanks for advice re vit E and bio oil, will give it a go in a few days. Not sure how to change usernames, maybe there's a help thread I seem to remember somewhere? Did you get the dreaded phone call?

Thanks Winsor, I will go over to my neighboor's house on Thursday and she is gonna change the dressings. She will also give me a Dr's certificate for work. Have never called on her before for medical advice but this was an emergency and DH did not know what else to do. Once our other neighbour called on me at 11pm one night for an emergency with her dog (I'm a vet) and I didn't mind. It's kind of a good neighbourhood like that.
    Yes, just got the call and hcg was under 2 so BFN. I also told her that next time I will be wanting 2 transferred because the donor has had 5 from her 8 donated eggs unsuccessfully transferred (sounds like I'm blaming the donor I know) and the nurse told me I'd have to talk to my FS about it so I've left a message with him to call me. Last cycle he indicated that I could probably get 2 across the line, but its a panel of doctors at the clinic that will 'decide' (ffs), so as long as I can get him in my corner I should have a chance.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-03-2015)