Closed Thread
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Sorry to hear it's negative Leyshoja - I'd grow the last two to day 5 if I were you - sperm issues can come into play on day 3 and embies deteriorate - better to know you've transferred two top grade day 5 if they get there.
    Em x
    Thanks, I didn't know that! They would grow all 3 to 5 days and freeze any that are left after tfer. If I grew to 5 days there is no chance they'd put two back as there's too good a chance of twins. If I just transferred back at 3 days I might have a chance of two transferred

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    The money is so frustrating. I worked out I spent 10,000 for James. 20,000 before the rebate. But it does include the obstetrician as well. But worth every penny. I'd do it again in a heart beat.
    I'm up to $80,000 now, around $35-40000 out of pocket. It will be worth it if successful but I'll be really cranky about the money if it all ends up being for nothing..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #12

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Oh..BOO!!! for BFFN!!! FFS's Luv am sorry to reading this this morn I'd either grow all 3 out to Day 5 and either transfer the best one if it was a hatching blastocyst or close to it or else transfer 2 if they're looking pretty ordinary or not good enough to refreeze

Your frosties are Day 2 aren't they?? If so, you can grow them out until Day 3 and see how they're looking and transfer then although what @emski72 said about the sperm problems coming into play is right and is why so many of them sh*t themselves going from Day 4 to Day 5. In saying that, lots of women have Day 3 transfers, myself included for many reasons.

Good Luck Luv!!
    Yep, all 2day, I've only ever had 2 or 3 day transfers. They defrosted the last two and grew them to 3 day and they both looked great at 3dt.
    That's a good idea. 2 for transfer if they look average, else one good one.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 08-03-2015 at 11:19.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also, the embies have to be able to have enough energy within themselves to keep growing, which is another reason why some arrest at day three whereas the 'stronger' ones have the energy to keep dividing and growing, and this energy comes from the egg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (08-03-2015),winsor  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody, just home from our holiday and very refreshed.

So much has happened I won't even try to catch up.

Sorry to see it's a BFN Leyshoja! I would grow them out to day 5 for all the reasons the ladies have mentioned with an added reason, the embryo switches on it's own genome after day 3 (I think at day 4) so that's where embryos with complex chromosomal abnormalities can be weeded out. However those with only simple chromosomal abnormalities can still slip through and look like great day 5 hatchers as a few of us have learned the hard way.

Welcome back Fudge and good luck for this upcoming stim cycle. It's good to have a BH break sometimes. I would not worry about having frostie envy. I'm awaiting a FET and feel very apprehensive as opposed to a stim cycle where I often feel I have a clean slate and lots of possibility. Grass is always greener hey. And I second the yoga thing. We did plenty of yoga at Byron and it certainly is good for the headspace.

Anyone heard from Butterfly? How did that FET go? Have scrolled quickly through the last several pages and have not seen an update.

Good luck with your FET Luckyme, when is it likely to happen?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably transfer on the 22nd if I ovulate on cd13

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This test is doing my head in. It's rattling and if you look close there is the tiniest dot where the second line would start. Could be a dodgy test. What on earth is in there that would rattle anyway ??ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425811808.626341.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I've performed surgery on it and this is it ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425812084.648144.jpg the dot was a bit of that broken tablet thingy stuck to it. Whyyyyyy torture me like this FRER ??? Another BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reckon it's broken if it's rattling.
    My experience with FRER's is I got a very clear positive with a hcg of 10 max, the next day by blood test it was 2. So if there's hcg there, that test will pick it up. Even though they are supposed to pick up 25. Can you possibly wait til the morning and do another one? Understand how frustrating this is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #12

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Reckon it's broken if it's rattling.
    My experience with FRER's is I got a very clear positive with a hcg of 10 max, the next day by blood test it was 2. So if there's hcg there, that test will pick it up. Even though they are supposed to pick up 25. Can you possibly wait til the morning and do another one? Understand how frustrating this is.
    Yes I'll be doing my last one tomorrow am. I'm not expecting any different result though. Freakin FRER I can't believe that dot !! And for it to stick EXACTLY where the line should have been. I should sue for mental anguish lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (09-03-2015)