Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Europe is Probably more expensive once you're there I'd say. Cape Town is very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your buck with accommodation and restaurants etc. This is one of the reasons we chose Cape Town - along with the language barrier and being able to choose your own donor with childhood photos.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or you could try to find one over here, that would be the cheapest option. That's what I will try to do first if we go down this route.

http://www.eggdonationaustralia.com.au/

From what I've read the time to finding a donor might not be too bad if you are quite proactive on the site. It has links to lots of other useful sites and information too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JMT  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will probably look to sa or Greece first for de. We might be looking at that sooner rather than later if my pgd results come back bad!
    @JMT I would search for the immune/NK cell thread here on bubhub and go back reading through. I truly believe it is a god send and can save you much heart ache. I transferred 5 times and have since found out I have NK cells, immune issues and DNS matches with dh that mean I need certain therapies otherwise my body attacks the embryo. So those 9 embies had no chance.

In regards to pgd, my clinic is charging $4k with no limit to number of embies. I know genea do testing per embie at $750 each up capped to a certain amount. It will certainly tell you what your embies are like. As you can tell a cpl of the ladies on here had embies that looked perfect but had abnormal results.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

JMT  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl when will you get your PGD results? Are you still banking embryos? (sorry I can't remember where you are at!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow this thread moves quickly!

@Petal40 - I'm so sorry for your loss, having been there many a time it doesn't get easier and just frigging sucks. Big hugs your way, this is such a cruel journey.

@leyshoja & @Butterfly39 good luck with being PUPO - I hope they are sticky little bubbas on board.

@MGC Bertie - hon have you got the Harmony results back yet? Hope they're really good and can put your mind at ease.

AFM. My name is Leisylou and I still have a POAS addiction. I did a 1500 Pregnyl shot on Monday and wanted to see how long it took to fade out a bit, so I POAS yesterday and of course got a positive. If I had to rate it with 1/10 being a total squinter that you have to hold the right way in the light to see, and 10/10 being stronger than the control line, it was about a 3/10.

So of course I had to check again today to see how much the line had faded, and just to **** with my head, the line is stronger. Maybe a 4 or 5 out of 10. Oh goody. Now I do another Pregnyl 1500 today (last one) and have to wait another week or ten days before I find out if I am UTD or not. I'm 10dpo, so why did I pee on that damn stick yesterday and today knowing that Pregnyl was in my system? And now I'm thinking that if the line is stronger today, then that means some of my own HCG is making it darker and I must have a BFP!! Stupid!!!

Anyway, if it's a BFN this month, I think I'll have next month off completely as even though I'm doing great with all the injections (with Emla cream every day) I still hate it and if I'm going to inject myself every day, if not several times a day, I might as well just do a full IVF cycle and stop mucking around. So that would be April or May as I'm travelling right through Day 10 to 20 in March.

If that doesn't work, then DE in SA is for us definitely this year. I think it sounds like a good option - maybe we could organise a group trip and all go together? Do a Safari, get pregnant, have a fun trip? Any takers?
    Last edited by Summer; 27-02-2015 at 10:36.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (27-02-2015),JMT  (01-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Wow this thread moves quickly!

If that doesn't work, then DE in SA is for us definitely this year. I think it sounds like a good option - maybe we could organise a group trip and all go together? Do a Safari, get pregnant, have a fun trip? Any takers?
    @Leisylou I'm in. IVF safari woo hoo! Think we can get a group discount?

Unfortunately I seem to remember another gal POASing on pregnyl and she got a line that got darker but then faded off again. And that was quite a while after the shot too......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Summer  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Leisylou I'm in. IVF safari woo hoo! Think we can get a group discount?

Unfortunately I seem to remember another gal POASing on pregnyl and she got a line that got darker but then faded off again. And that was quite a while after the shot too......
    Yeah, I figured as much, I know it was stupid :-( Now I'll just try and see if I can leave it and have a blood test in another week. I'm really busy, so I'll see if I can keep my mind off it. Damn TWW!

Great, now we have two for our trip! Group discounts here we come :-) I know it's a very emotional subject, but sometimes you just have to find some fun in even the most **** situations...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Chiefsgirl when will you get your PGD results? Are you still banking embryos? (sorry I can't remember where you are at!)
    No worries there are a few of us active at the moment, it's hard to keep up! I'm just starting my last banking cycle. Everything will be frozen on day 3 then we go back to FS for decision time about more cycles or pgd then. I'm leaning towards pgd after this cycle then freezing everything and if we get any normals to just do another stim and put it straight back in. That way if it works we might have another shot at a sibling later. Otherwise if no normals I have to convince dh to do de. Although I have been dropping it in to conversation since July last year and last week he said it was up to me, so that is at least promising!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon a group trip and Safari might be on the cards!

I loved Cape Town when I was there 11 years ago. I did a truck trip from Nairobi to Cape Town for 6 weeks, gosh it was fun!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (27-02-2015),Summer  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou Well, now you've done it Luv!! You're either in for a penny, in for a pound meaning keep on testing everyday until BT or put down the sticks, back away and maybe wait until another 8 days to start testing again

@Butterfly39 How are you faring Luv?? Apologies for forgetting to wish you all the best with your job interviews, anyhoo, hope all went well and you get the one you want To Cycle again or not to Cycle again?? Am sure you and your DH will make the right decision. If you do go with WDA again, I'd be taking his advice and doing a triple ET you won't even have to consider it!!

@Chiefsgirl for good PGD results!!

@Bongley You're sniffing atm yes?? to a successful Cycle Luv

@leyshoja Keep on dividing Emby!!

@JMT I think it's definitely worth getting tested for immune issues Luv. A lot of the tests can be done via BT as well as having an Endometrial Scratch done where a sample of the cells in your lining will be sent away and tested for any nasties plus it can aid with implantation too (I had them done on both Cycle 4/5), so you could do it , for eg, the month before you're next planning to Cycle/transfer. It's so disheartening not knowing 100% why...hugs your way Luv.

Hello to all the other Lovelies..............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-02-2015 at 11:17.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (27-02-2015),JMT  (11-03-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-02-2015)