Closed Thread
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Enjoy your glass or 10 of vino Luv and hope you and your DH enjoyed his b'day dinner for transfer tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-02-2015 at 21:25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey Butterfly - Jesus that's a lot if crappy news for one week!
    Good luck for the interviews... and the cats. 🐱hehe.
    Re: donors... Mine was 22 and had a 8 month old baby but had not donated before.
    I guess it's a bit catch 22 though as they don't know how they will respond to meds if they haven't donated before so are fairly conservative in their approach.
    We got 12 mature eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 transferred, two frozen this seems to be a fairly standard outcome in SA.
    MrsErinR had a brilliant result with her donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly hi there! You've got a lot going on. And you sound amazingly positive. Good on you! I'm amazed you can concentrate on job interviews straight after ivf, Hope you ace them! Refresh my memory, are you a nicu nurse?
    It's encouraging that the frosties were trisomies etc rather than complex abnormal. I know it's a bizarre way of thinking but - trisomies contain only one chromosomal mistake so an embie with no mistakes is still possible. If they were all complex abnormal ie multiple mistakes, it would not bode well for ever getting a normal. Yes it's a bugger to go through CGH only to get that random unknown. As I said in my rant earlier, someone around here has to get lucky soon!

Keep us updated on your DE decision and your travel plans. I'm off on a less exotic holiday than Africa but super excited about it. Byron Bay here we come.

Leyshoja, hoping you're not too hungover at your transfer lol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Petal40, I'm so sorry, that's horrible news. I hope that you can take time to grieve. But I'm also glad you have a plan for the next one and that could be the one. It's hopeful that you got pregnant, we just need one to stick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha no hangover, I always wonder what effect alcohol has on your lining. If it gets into your blood****** then it must get into pretty much every cell in your body right ?? Who knows...
    Regarding donors, I was pretty stressed when I found out mine (who is 34) had donated once before, got only 3 eggs, and had NO pregnancy resulting from it !! We only got 5 but at least I also got 5 embies from it. They only put her on 125 of Gonal I believe. I couldn't believe they didn't drug the hell out of her knowing the low pickup. Ah well, if it's not successful I'll only have to give them another $18,500 for a donor cycle ( and that was AFTER a $3000 discount !). Wouldn't that be a shame for them..
    Although I definitely won't be doing it again. I'll be too old after another 4 FETs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. $18,500. Could have gone to sa for that. Does anyone know how long the process is to go to sa for a donor? Ok, i admit I maaaay consider it if STILL unsuccessful after all this..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Yes. $18,500. Could have gone to sa for that. Does anyone know how long the process is to go to sa for a donor? Ok, i admit I maaaay consider it if STILL unsuccessful after all this..
    About 8 weeks from when you choose your donor (if she is available at the time you want) I estimated we spent about $14k on the whole cycle with flights/accommodation (4 star), meds, spending money in CPT , eating out (well) every night and a bit of sight seeing. If budgeting I reckon you could do it for $11k.
    Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #12

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    About 8 weeks from when you choose your donor (if she is available at the time you want) I estimated we spent about $14k on the whole cycle with flights/accommodation (4 star), meds, spending money in CPT , eating out (well) every night and a bit of sight seeing. If budgeting I reckon you could do it for $11k.
    Em x
    Only 8 weeks ?!? Wow. Is there a web site or something I can check out ? I've got the day off and just blobbing around killing time waiting till 3.30 for transfer... NOT that I'm writing myself off yet, just like to know my options...
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 26-02-2015 at 08:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Take a look here - I'll send you some more info via PM http://eggdonation.co.za/

Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Only 8 weeks ?!? Wow. Is there a web site or something I can check out ? I've got the day off and just blobbing around killing time waiting till 3.30 for transfer... NOT that I'm writing myself off yet, just like to know my options...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Here's hoping you don't need it anyway though right? Are you using reverse psychology on yourself like I do. Even while in Cape Town I was planning my return trip (driving by a cottage to see if it was safe for me to stay on my own etc.) because I was sure it wouldn't have worked!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post: