Closed Thread
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oops. I think I opened can of worms. Bitter ones LOL Glad I'm not the only one with these horrible thoughts. If I get a BFN in about 10 days time I am gonna be one sh1tty b1tch when I have to hear his DAILY updates at work. And if I by some chance get a BFP all will probably be forgiven . Although I sure as hell won't be getting any hopes up this time even with a BFP. Expect failure, then anything better than that is a bonus !!! That's my new motto.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-02-2015),Skyler  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm out ladies 😢 Another scan today with my FS, booked for a D&C Friday. Definitely nothing there, diagnosed with a blighted ovum. They will test, more than likely chromosomal problems (considering my age). Thought I may as well start the ball rolling towards the next FET, I'm not getting any younger. Very disappointed & upset. And DH is still away at work. Must say my beautiful daughter has been an amazing support.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #12

Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    I'm out ladies 😢 Another scan today with my FS, booked for a D&C Friday. Definitely nothing there, diagnosed with a blighted ovum. They will test, more than likely chromosomal problems (considering my age). Thought I may as well start the ball rolling towards the next FET, I'm not getting any younger. Very disappointed & upset. And DH is still away at work. Must say my beautiful daughter has been an amazing support.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh Petal I am so very sorry
    The sooner you start planning the next one, hopefully the better you will feel. Or not. But it will help you focus on something positive rather than negative. Have a glass of wine with me. I'm having a few tonight, then going out for DP's 45th birthday dinner so a few more (while I still can). I'll be thinking of you tonight

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry @Petal40 what a ****ty thing to happen. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Petal, so sad, such a let down for you. It must be a comfort that you still have your frosties. I know you said you would not do more stims but CGH testing can help avoid transferring chromosomally abnormal blasts, although it has backfired on me this time and I have an 'unknown' embie to transfer just like regular ivf. But in the past it has helped me avoid several doomed transfers including a downs embie. This time I got a T11 and a T15, they all looked great under the microscope but never would have become babies.

Leyshoja, go girl with that vino, I've got a glass of red tonight infront of me too. Good luck with transfer! Haha love the age you are in your siggy!
    Last edited by Skyler; 25-02-2015 at 19:35.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    So sorry Petal... Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg petal I am so sorry, and it must be so terrible with your DH away as well xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petal... ohhh, I'm so sorry. Being over 40 and trying to get pregnant, and get pregnant with a healthy bub just seems to be defying the odds. Do look after yourself, and I so hope that your next one is the one. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Petal40 Oh Luv, I'm very sorry to hear that and no DH there at the moment to give you "Hubby Hugs" either!! Have another one from me... you'll spin a winner next time on the "Wheel of Frosties" Hope you took leyshoja's advice. Bugger a glass!! I'd be giving the bottle a good nudge!! Am glad your DD is giving you some comfortxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-02-2015 at 22:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies how's it going?

petal I was so sorry to hear your news. Like many of us I've also been in that situation and it's super hard. It feels so unfair when all u want is to close the deal and buy some goddamn baby stuff.

had chats with embryologist and WDA. Apparently my errors are just regular things, not 'complex abnormalities' as I was first told. I had a perfect hatching one that would have had a deletion off one of the arms and resulted in a floppy baby and a couple trisomys in there but no translocation or anything. FS says could just be numbers game like everyone else at this age but in context of my high amh he would be willing to do another right after this but without messing with them, no freezers, no pgd, no ICSI, and is willing to put 3 blasts back.

Dh wants a safari in SA. Leo the lion wants to go to the game reserve. He's not giving up on his genetic link and wants to go full steam ahead over there ASAP and get on with it. I must say I'm inspired by people like @emski and @MrsErinR. did you guys use proven donors or people who had given birth. My cut off is around 23 yo I think.

things seem to change every 5 minutes in our house, I've got 2 job interviews tomorrow one phone and one 4 hours away, it will be fun doing that with the 3 cats in the car on the way home. Feeling sad to leave the beach house, I was having such a nice break. I'm swatting up on study for interview the last 3 days, really hard trying to sound smart with ivf/prednisone brain. I'm popped out like a balloon, I'm pretty sure I had ohss after EPU and it's definitely reappearing with the second pregnyl shot. Because my normal weight is 56 kg it looks damned weird like 6 months pregnant.

@Skyler had to laugh at us 2 both ending up with 'randoms' after our pgd. Really hope we both ace it somehow. There's always hope isn't there even in the midst of so much rubbish.

a close friend emailed me today to tell me he had stage 2 bowel cancer, it kind of put a lot of things in perspective. He has 4 little kids. He's doing 6 months of chemo and has lost 40 kg. I felt a little better, I'm just bloated feeling sorry for myself petting my little kittens. My other good mate had a hysterectomy this week for pre cancer changes. And my aunt is recovering from lung cancer and chemo that fried her nerve endings to the extent she is wheelchair bound. So in some ways this week, I am actually the lucky one. Go figure.

bertie hope ur doing ok, thinking of u.

leyshoja - all the very best mate xxox, you're a better woman than me, I would have chased that insensitive **** down the road with a stick. Surely that's deserving of an accidental flying rubber band to the head this week, gee, they really seem to just slip right out of your hands sometimes.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 25-02-2015 at 22:57.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (26-02-2015),Skyler  (26-02-2015)