Closed Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    It's just a natural cycle FET, they monitor all my hormones every second day at first then every day as E2 starts to rise. They detect the LH surge, then transfer the embie 5 days post my natural ovulation. No drugs whatsoever. And they don't advise against bd. I only have one tube open so a natural conception at the same time would be highly unlikely.
    How do they manage your FET? Is it medicated?
    Well I guess because my clinic are so against multiple births they prevent me from ovulating altogether. Heaven forbid I should get an extra chance.
    So on CD1 I start on estrogen (to stop ovulation) then roughly around the day I would have ovulated they start me on progesterone then transfer 3 days later for a 3 day embie. They scan me through the cycle to make sure I HAVENT o'd and if I did, they would cancel. Very strict.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),Butterfly39  (19-02-2015),Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes Leyshoja, they sound very strict. My clinic are against multiples as well and only allow single embie transfers. They do advise against bd when on stims.
    You have a great chance with this next one so fingers crossed for you. At this stage I'd take twins over none at all so I am going to bd before O. Previous FET's I have abstained but there's a good chance this one will be postponed because of our holiday so the bd is our back up plan. Don't want to waste a month.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bertie, there's been a lot of discussion on here lately re drugs. A recent study has shown that Panadol in fact does pose 'some' risk to the foetus. However a high fever in the mother can also be damaging. So doctors are recommending pandadol in cases of high fever. Even though it's not a prescription medication, discuss with Obgyn before taking it. He will decide the risk/benefit scenario in your case.

You guys have obviously put a lot of thought into what you're telling whom. I agree with you it's important to educate people about ivf. There are too many celebrities out there who get pregnant at 46 (did someone mention Halle Berry?) who pretend it's their own egg or whatever and give the wrong idea to ladies in their forties or make them feel inadequate.

Yeah, that gets me too. People say 'oh well look at Halle Berry/Sonia Kruger, its still possible'. It certainly does give the wrong impression. @MGC Bertie the thing that worries me the most with the donor egg is that all my close family know and while its all very interesting to them and they are all incredibly excited for me, I can see the conversation coming up over and over again in the future (assuming I'm successful) about looks and personality and doesnt he/she look like daddy and someone slipping when a child is old enough to question why somebody would make those comments. I would hate for them to find out that way. I've got one niece in particular 22yo who loves to discuss it at the top of her voice at family (and friends) events, restaurants etc about how my eggs were too old etc. I've since had to tell her mother, my sister, to tell her to not keep asking me about it anymore. I'll probably clarify that in future and ask her to not talk about it to all and sundry. I really regret having so many people know.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-02-2015),Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Leyshoja, they sound very strict. My clinic are against multiples as well and only allow single embie transfers. They do advise against bd when on stims.
    You have a great chance with this next one so fingers crossed for you. At this stage I'd take twins over none at all so I am going to bd before O. Previous FET's I have abstained but there's a good chance this one will be postponed because of our holiday so the bd is our back up plan. Don't want to waste a month.
    I hope you don't have to postpone ! Its bad enough waiting a week, let alone another month !! Didnt I say in an earlier post that I had learnt patience through this process... ? lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Halle Berry and collette dinningan, who also had Ivf treatment then mysteriously got pregnant naturally at 47.

Although I have just met a lovely lady whose daughter was created with her sisters egg. I knew her before and didn't guess it nor think her any different. She then fell pregnant when her daughter was one naturally at 42. Who'd have thunk it.

AFM all systems go. Doctor says ready to do transfer and my chances of miscarrying are lower than staying pregnant. Meaning if I get pregnant again I should stay pregnant. He also says they only freeze good embryos so not any less likely to get pregnant. Fx fx. Argh, getting battle ready, and telling hubby not to go away when I transfer.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-02-2015),Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Yeah, that gets me too. People say 'oh well look at Halle Berry/Sonia Kruger, its still possible'. It certainly does give the wrong impression. @MGC Bertie the thing that worries me the most with the donor egg is that all my close family know and while its all very interesting to them and they are all incredibly excited for me, I can see the conversation coming up over and over again in the future (assuming I'm successful) about looks and personality and doesnt he/she look like daddy and someone slipping when a child is old enough to question why somebody would make those comments. I would hate for them to find out that way. I've got one niece in particular 22yo who loves to discuss it at the top of her voice at family (and friends) events, restaurants etc about how my eggs were too old etc. I've since had to tell her mother, my sister, to tell her to not keep asking me about it anymore. I'll probably clarify that in future and ask her to not talk about it to all and sundry. I really regret having so many people know.
    Subbing the new thread! I'm still here , reading along, I start sniffing next week.

Yes, I just usually say that no woman has achieved a pregnancy over the age of 45 using her own eggs with IVF in australia if people tell me I still have plenty of time. I read that somewhere once, in my many days of trawling the web for info. (I think its still true?) Anyway, that usually shuts people up.

I am very open about doing IVF but if I was to use a donor I don't know how open I would be. I don't think I would want people to know before my own child had a proper understanding of what it meant. So I think I would tell very, very close friends and family and say, its not a dark secret but keep it to yourselves! I'm not sure I would tell my mother at all, she has dementia and is quite seriously mentally ill with other issues. Think it might just confuse the hell out of her.

good luck everyone
    @butterfly great result girl!
    @leyshoja I'm getting impatient for your next transfer! Come on! I am a lifetime 5 weeks away from next EPU. Ugh.

@mgcbertie SO, so glad everything is going well for you I know with my pregnancy it wasn't a thunderstruck feeling but a gradual dawning. Finding out the sex was a big wonderful milestone. Gosh, I hope you all get to experience that.
    @MrsErinR congrats, of course I remember too!

Also can you lot stop talking about burgers!! I am on a major health kick to lose a few kilos and its killing me. God I love junk food.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),Butterfly39  (19-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (20-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-02-2015),Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    .......Subbing.....Good luck Lovelies!!!

I'm battening down the hatches personally until this "rain event" passes Today they're predicting 30-100mls for us here in Brissy. It's getting darker and more windy as the day progresses with intermittent showers thus far, but it's only a matter of time

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-02-2015),Skyler  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmmmn burgers!

@MGC Bertie hope you're feeling better, rest rest rest

@Bongley yes it's an interesting thing the old donor egg business. My dear Aunt who was a gynaecologist at that time gave birth to a donor egg Ivf bubby at the tender age of 50! She was a gorgeous girl who really enriched my aunt and uncles lives but was tragically cut short when she hit a pole in Bondi on her 21st bday, poor darling, and was killed. I know they would have done it all over again though.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    .......Subbing.....Good luck Lovelies!!!

I'm battening down the hatches personally until this "rain event" passes Today they're predicting 30-100mls for us here in Brissy. It's getting darker and more windy as the day progresses with intermittent showers thus far, but it's only a matter of time
    Thanks for the update blonde - I realised in a horrifying cold sweat last night that Marcia had the potential to disrupt my travel plans on sat am for embryo transfer and rang DH in a frizzle and after much flapping we decided the best bet was to leg it down there ahead of the weather system today. Bloody Cyclones !!! She's looking tight on satellite, wonder if she will make low cat3 by landfall. Poor DH is on an island off the coast of Gladstone lol. He usually sleeps through anything lower than a cat4 so probably won't even wake when she crosses haha. He didn't sleep much in the bathroom with the kiddies during Yasi though, we had Alexander palms and coconut trees snap right in half for that one
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 19-02-2015 at 12:53.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Butterfly39 Yep..that's a wise choice you've made Luv I'm thinking. They're already talking about flights being delayed/cancelled in the lead up to the onslaught we're going to cop. They're still tipping it to be a Cat 2 when it crosses anywhere between St Lawrence and Bundy early tomorrow morn (some reports say 5am, some 7am..so I'll say between 5-7am lol) but are guesstimating north of Yepoon. Hope your DH will be ok?? No doubt they'll evacuate him if they're really concerned.

I'll bet he didn't sleep through Yasi!! My brother in law and his wife live in Tully and I know how badly they copped it. I was that worried about them I didn't even sleep that night myself!! My DP on the otherhand was snoring like a chainsaw and it's his own bloody brother!!! LOFL!!

P.S. For some reason the emoticons aren't working when I click on them?? WTF?
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-02-2015 at 14:02.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (20-02-2015)