+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ear piercings

Does anyone know how long i can leave earrings out for on average without the holes starting to close over?

My seconds are a couple of years old but one of them never 100% healed perfectly & now they are both super itchy & red. Im cleaning them with warm salty water daily but i thought they might need a break from earrings for a while but i dont want to loose the holes.

Also ds pulled one a little recently & the hole is now slightly stretched. Will this ever go back to normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine have never closed and i have gone 2 years without wearing earring before!

I think it just depends on your body, maybe stick an earring in every now and then to open them back up

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (19-02-2015),smallpotatoes  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok cool ill leave them out for a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent had rings in my second holes for nearly 6 years, i can still get rings in if i want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I leave mine out for ages, years at one point and I've always been able to put them back in when I want to wear them again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Ear piercings

Like, @meredithgrey, I've had my holes for 12 years and then I left earrings out for a couple of weeks and by the time I put earrings in, they'd started to close (grossest feeling ever; half-piercing them again to get the earrings through!). I would recommend just popping some earrings in once a week to be safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot I had one up higher on my ear and tried it 3 years later and it was still open!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I must be weird. If I leave my earrings out overnight then I have to shove them through and it bloody hurts. I've had 2 sets of wholes so far they are always infected I think maybe I should have earrings I just think they look nice so I put up with the soreness and itchiness of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can go years between putting earrings in my second piercing and the hole is still there. I've had the second hole over 20 years, not sure if that's why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can only wear the simple rings or studs you can get from the chemist (nickel free). Try that and see if it helps, they shouldn't be itchy or infected all the time, but that's how mine feel when I wear different earrings.