Hello expectant parents!
My name is Elizabeth and I am a second year midwifery student studying at ACU and completing my clinical placement at Logan Hospital. I am also a mum of a 3 and 4 year old, so am a mature age student with parenting and pregnancy experience. I would love to be a part of your pregnancy journey. This experience enables a continuity of care for the expectant mother and for myself.
What are the benefits for expectant mums?
You form a relationship with the same person who will attend as many appointments with you as possible and attend your birth and support you postnatally. The relationship created will enrich your birth experience as I will support, encourage, provide information and advocate for you where possible. I will aim to provide women-centred care whilst always under the guidance of a qualified midwife.
The benefits for me as a student mean that I gain hands on clinical experience and get to be a part of one of the most life changing events anybody can go through.
Please feel free to contact me on the forum or email ejphel001@myacu.edu.au with any questions or if you would like to be part of this program.
Kind Regards,
Elizabeth