+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Sounds interesting. I'm going to read it tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's probably it. The results aren't conclusive. We have rest time and if kids fall asleep, that's fine, if not that's fine too. However I do not like being told to keep a child awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Was this the one @BH-community put up a thread looking for someone?
    I'm not certain, but it was for the Courier Mail, should be published in today's paper. Not the same one as what Qwerty posted above. Maybe there are two on similar topics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Every child is obviously different but this is nothing new. Any parent of a 2-4 year old knows that eventually their child will drop their nap and they do get to a point that if the sleep too much (or at all) in the day they are harder to get to sleep at night. It's not rocket science. It's because they aren't tired enough to sleep at their regular sleep time so they act up.

I would imagine child care centres need to do what works for each individual child whether that be just quiet time or a nap, it should never be a blanket everyone sleeps or no one sleeps, that's just ludicrous!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 dropped her day sleeps at around 18 months. Her daycare used to force her to sleep even though she was quite happy to lay quietly on the mat and look at books while the others slept. Bed time was a nightmare and a lot of the time she would be still awake at 11pm. I asked them every day not to make her sleep- if she fell asleep on her own fair enough and if that happened could they not let her sleep past a certain time and explained why. In the end she became really naughty at sleep time because she wasn't tired and didnt like being forced to sleep. After a month or so, they finally listened to me and instead of forcing her to sleep, let her lay quietly and look at books and they said how much better it was.... gee, ya think?!

Dd2 is 4.5 and still has a day sleep, often 2-3 hours. Some days she doesn't though. She usually just falls asleep in front of the tv or in the car. Sometimes she might sleep until 6pm, i have to wake her up for dinner and she will happily go to bed again at 7/7.30.

Dd3 refuses day sleeps most of the time but even when she does sleep, it doesn't affect her bed time or sleep at night. Even as a baby she rarely slept at daycare, and the carers were really good. When she didnt want to sleep they would let her play or read to her and were amazed she could go a whole day without sleep and still be happy. Though she did usually fall asleep earlier at night, but still slept through til morning.

It comes down to the individual child. Dd1 having a day sleep was definitely having a negative impact on her night time sleep where as the other kids it has never made much difference. Dd4 is still a baby but even now i notice if she has a nap late afternoon she is difficult to get to bed at night- a good night for her is 10pm and thats without an arvo nap.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Dd1 dropped her day sleeps at around 18 months. Her daycare used to force her to sleep even though she was quite happy to lay quietly on the mat and look at books while the others slept. Bed time was a nightmare and a lot of the time she would be still awake at 11pm. I asked them every day not to make her sleep- if she fell asleep on her own fair enough and if that happened could they not let her sleep past a certain time and explained why. In the end she became really naughty at sleep time because she wasn't tired and didnt like being forced to sleep. After a month or so, they finally listened to me and instead of forcing her to sleep, let her lay quietly and look at books and they said how much better it was.... gee, ya think?!
    How annoying they didnt listen to you!

This makes me think...recently ds has been really hard to settle down for his day nap and then really had to settle at bedtime...tonight he went to sleep at 11pm! This afternoon he seemed tired at 12:30 so I tried to put him down but he wouldn't sleep. So we went for a walk and he finally fell asleep at 2pm. Surely at 13 months he can't be ready to drop his nap?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    How annoying they didnt listen to you!

This makes me think...recently ds has been really hard to settle down for his day nap and then really had to settle at bedtime...tonight he went to sleep at 11pm! This afternoon he seemed tired at 12:30 so I tried to put him down but he wouldn't sleep. So we went for a walk and he finally fell asleep at 2pm. Surely at 13 months he can't be ready to drop his nap?

Possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Possible.
    Omg i hope not. He has only been sleeping well for 2 months...I was enjoying it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Omg i hope not. He has only been sleeping well for 2 months...I was enjoying it!

Haha i think its just as, if not more, important for us that they sleep during the day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Haha i think its just as, if not more, important for us that they sleep during the day!
    Definitely! Keeps me sane and gives me a chance to eat.