+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how do your kids do after school activities

DD is supposed to go to gymnastics after school on a wednesday but she is just exhausted.

They have swimming at the moment for 2 weeks and there is no way she can do gym this arvo.

The first thing she said to me was 'im tired' when i picked her up.

I suggested we dont go to gymnastics this arvo then as shes tired and its awful and hot here too.

She screamed at me and said 'NO, i wana go'. She continued to scream at me until we got home so i sent her to her room where she threw a tantrum.

I then said that we are not going now becauuse she screamed at me and threw a tantrum. She screamed some more.

She was fine last week (no swimming at school) but this week she is just shattered.

I want her to go to gymnastics, she loves it, but she is just so tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old is she? It gets easier as they get older but then on the flip side, as they get older they get more homework.

DD's school does most of its extra curricular activities before school instead of afterwards and that seems to be easier because after school she can go home, relax, get homework done and have downtime.

We also schedule non school extra activities for Sat mornings instead of after school wherever possible.

My kids are tired every day after school at the moment too. Its been a tough start to the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    How old is she? We have a rule in our house there is no extra curricular stuff in the first and second year of big school. We've found they are so exhausted just by the usual 9-3 day with all the sport in there. I have also found the summer months, so term 1 and 4 mine are much more tired. So my kids don't start a sport until Year 2.

I wouldn't force her. IMO it's counter productive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shes just turned 6, so just started year one.
    Maybe i will try and change it to saturdays
    Last edited by loislane2010; 18-02-2015 at 19:07.