+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failed cycles after previously being successful???

Hi.
    Was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me. Guess I'm looking for success stories too!

I have 2 children through IVF. My son is almost 3 years old and since he was born we have done 4 full stim cycles and 1 FET to try for baby no 3.....so far have been unsuccessful. It didn't take that many cycles to get both of our children!

Just wondering, has anyone else had success through IVF, then gone on to have a lot of failed cycles, then had success again? Or are we just wasting money? We have MFI as well as PCOS. I had my daughter vaginally but had my son by c section so not sure if that makes a difference but thought I would mention it.

Thanks in advance!

Kit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did 3 stim cycles to get our DS. After he was born I had an ectopic pregnancy, followed by 1 FET (miscarriage), 2 stim, 1 FET, and 1 more stim (cancelled) at a different clinic. We then decided DS would be an only child as we wanted to get on with our lives, and there were more reasons to quit than continue. After the ectopic, my tubes were removed, so its physically impossible for me to fall pg naturally.

Have you been to see your clinic's counsellor?

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did 3 stim cycles to get my DS then I did 6 stims and no luck. Well we did but lost bubs at 14 weeks on embryo number 13. Stopping there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Vikkib.

Lilypily....I'm so sorry for your loss xoxo

im just struggling to understand why it seemed to work relatively easily for bub no 1 and 2 and now it's just failed cycle after failed cycle. Oh well, guess I just need to keep trying until I feel I can't anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had to accept that my son was a miracle. I got my miracle and that's all I'm getting. Cycling for number 2 took 3 years and took it out of me mentally and physically. I had to stop as I realised we had been a happy family of 3 for 3 years and having another baby wouldn't make me any happier. Stopping is hard but for me cycling again after our loss was even harder. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 9 failed transfers between DD1 and DD2 who is due in a few weeks. However I should add that it took a fair few transfers to get DD1, but not as many as 9. And the thing that made it feel so much harder was that we only needed 2 stim cycles and all FET's to get DD1 but due to no frosties we needed 7 full stim cycles for baby #2. Psychologically and financially that made it very tough. But we did get there in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant on my very first stim cycle and have my ds who is 2.5 years old. I have done 9 cycles since then and fell pregnant on the 9th cycle but lost the baby at 9 weeks.im giving it one last go and then that's it, I'm emotionally and financially done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your answers angels4me and scratchycat.

congrats and all the best scratchycat!

Angels4me sorry for your loss. I hope that this cycle brings you a sticky bub. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit84 View Post
    Thank you for your answers angels4me and scratchycat.

congrats and all the best scratchycat!

Angels4me sorry for your loss. I hope that this cycle brings you a sticky bub. Good luck!
    Thankyou and good luck to you to :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son as a result of my first ivf/pgd (fresh transfer) attempt with 1 frozen. Ttc#2, we used the frozen embryo last January. Tomorrow is 12 months since that missed miscarriage was diagnosed. I had a d&c at end of March. My second ivf stim cycle started at the end of April but resulted in a chemical pregnancy and no embryos left. So essentially I had two failures with perfect pgd tested embryos. My Dr said if we had another fail to have a hysteroscopy and check everything out inside. After July's egg collection we froze all (I wanted 5 embryos minimum to test with pgd and on day 3 we only had 4 left) so I scheduled the hysteroscopy/endo scratch procedure for in the month leading up to the next stim/collection. That happened late August, I stimmed in September and transfered another fresh embryo with one refrozen after passing pgd out of July's batch too. I am currently 25 weeks with my second son. My Dr said that the first success was perfection - we had made the process look easy. It is possible to repeat it, but sometimes it can take a while to get the best result. Hope you're close to repeating the perfection again.