+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    Ladies I need some reassurance and some hope here !!

Had an early scan due to previous miscarriages and she could see a gestational and yolk sac which measured well but no fetal pole.

She said the pregnancy looks normal but can't call it viable yet. She said its possibly too early to tell.

Has anyone had a similar experience and then gone onto to see a fetal pole and heartbeat a few weeks later?

I have anther scan booked in about two weeks. No idea how I will get through till then..

So scared to go to the next scan because those results will be the most important one.
    How early was ur scan? I had this exact situation with my first. The scan was around 4-5 weeks. That sac is now a healthy 4 year old. Sounds like its simply too early xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I was 6 weeks but the tech thinks I am earlier than that which would explain why not fetal pole.

I think I'm just going to wait it out till the next scan and hope for the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im sure all will be fine. Try not to stress ( easier said than done I know) I second getting your hcg levels done. If they are rising well its a comforting sign. All the best xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hopefully you were just a bit off with your dates. I have heard o this happening to so many people though so try to stay positive.

Best of luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck x crossing my fingers it's just too early to see anything

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumlife86 For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    I thought I was 6 weeks but the tech thinks I am earlier than that which would explain why not fetal pole.

I think I'm just going to wait it out till the next scan and hope for the best
    This is what I did. I had this realisation that I could not control the outcome either way, and I had a choice to be hopeful and enjoy those two weeks of pregnancy (as much as you can when you feel so nauseous!) or get myself really worked up, which would only make me feel worse.

Stay off google, if you can, it just made me a bit obsessive! I'm sure everything is absolutely fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsA2B I agree with you. I could go get more blood tests but I've just resigned myself to the fact that if this baby is meant to be it will be and no amount of tests will change that.

I am feeling a little detached at this point, I guess it's just a natural way to prepare for bad news.

Hopefully I will get good news and these next two weeks will just be a minor blip in what is otherwise a happy and healthy pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing at 5w2-3d (measurement of the sac). Just a little sac and a very faint yolk, no pole or HB.

Exactly 2 weeks later we had a bub and a heartbeat measuring 7w.

Then at the NT scan bub once again measured a few days ahead to the due date that the 5w scan measured at.

Now at 18w bub is kicking me allll the time.

Also adding,my hcg 3 days before the first scan was 5200. The also told me they can't call it viable til there is a HB
    Last edited by ponypal; 20-02-2015 at 16:14.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ponypal For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today at 6 weeks 6 days we saw a heartbeat!

We are ecstatic..

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrsMSL For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-02-2015),caribbean  (27-02-2015),Chillies  (10-04-2015),Clyon  (27-02-2015),MrsA2B  (27-02-2015),snowqu33n  (27-02-2015),vague  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray!!! That is awesome and isn't it SUCH a relief.. I bet you didn't even breathe til you saw that, I know I didn't

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ponypal For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL  (27-02-2015)