+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No idea Lincolns mummy. Ive thought i felt teeth under his gum for months but nothing has broken through. No idea how to tell if he's teething, he hasnt cut any teeth yet so i dont know what happens

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi heartstringz. teething is just the teeth moving in the gums. a baby can be teething for many months without any sign of the teeth on the surface of the gums. if you think bub might be stressed, apply some bonjela to the gums, or give some panadol. a bub can be pulling at their ears, or with a temp or just biting, chewing toys, that sort of thing. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was just wondering about how you were going heartstringz! I think at this age it is unlikely he would be dropping a sleep, they tend to keep 2 sleeps until at least 12 months. Maybe he is a bit under stimulated, sometimes they just sleep a bit less occasionally, just when you think you've got things figured out they go and change things!
    I would just continue what you've been doing, maybe think about increasing awake time between sleep 1 and 2 to see if he might sleep longer.
    My bub has dropped his afternoon nap and is generally grumpy all afternoon, so I feel your pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleep issue, again....

Deleted comment ... Wrong post.
    Last edited by azelqra; 18-02-2015 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What time does bub wake in the morning? What time is the morning nap and then afternoon nap? Perhaps bub needs more awake time in between the 2 day naps?

From memory bub isn't eating too well? A 7.5 month old not eating many solids could be hungry. This could disrupt sleep. If this is the case a GP/ MACH nurse might be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    No way in hell I would go 1 nap at 7.5 months old. If anything it would be a case of needing to tweak the existing day naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post

Im struggling to find enough stuff to do with him at home all the time. The mosquitos are vicious so its hard to even go out in the backyard. He basically plays in his activity centre or we play with toys on his playmat.
    Have you mastered going outside the home yet? At 7.5 months bub would probably thrive in a mothers group/pay group. Or a trip to the local library for babies story time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What time does bub wake in the morning? What time is the morning nap and then afternoon nap? Perhaps bub needs more awake time in between the 2 day naps?

From memory bub isn't eating too well? A 7.5 month old not eating many solids could be hungry. This could disrupt sleep. If this is the case a GP/ MACH nurse might be able to help.
    Mostly he wakes at 5.30 or 6am. His first sleep is around 8 or 8.30 - i wait till he yawns which works for us in terms of self settling. Much longer after a yawn & he wont go to sleep. Then he sleeps for around two hours then has approx 3 hours awake time (again going by the yawns). Usually put him down at 1 or 1.30

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Have you mastered going outside the home yet? At 7.5 months bub would probably thrive in a mothers group/pay group. Or a trip to the local library for babies story time.
    I go out sometimes but still not driving & it never seems to stop raining at the moment & walking/public transport isnt much fun in the rain. I go to mums group when i can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Sleep issue, again....

Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Mostly he wakes at 5.30 or 6am. His first sleep is around 8 or 8.30 - i wait till he yawns which works for us in terms of self settling. Much longer after a yawn & he wont go to sleep. Then he sleeps for around two hours then has approx 3 hours awake time (again going by the yawns). Usually put him down at 1 or 1.30
    At that age if bub is sleeping 12 hours per night bub probably only needs 2.5 hours sleep in the day, which is what bub is currently doing. Perhaps you need to just split up the day naps differently. Eg 8:30-9:30 then 12:30-2:00 Bed at 6:30pm.
    Last edited by VicPark; 18-02-2015 at 18:30.