+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sleep issue, again....

Ok so sleep was going really well with 7 1/2 month old ds. Mostly settling himself. We had got into a good routine of two 2 hour approx sleeps a day.

Suddenly in the last week or so he still has the 2 hr morning sleep & wakes up happy but then in the afternoon he only has a 30 minute sleep & wakes up crying & wont resettle. He also wont go down for another sleep if i try again later. He is horrible & cranky & crying on & off all afternoon. It horrible, the slightest noise he starts screaming, same if anyone comes over etc. So im back to walking on eggshells around him all afternoon. Then trying to get him down for the night is a nightmare cause hes seriously overtired by then.

Ive tried pushing back the morning sleep in case he only wants one sleep a day now but he was so overtired he then wouldn't settle for the morning sleep either then.

What can i do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about an earlier bed time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment he goes to bed at 6, i can try it earlier. Times ive done that though he woke up at 4.30/5am as opposed to 6am which stuffed up the sleeps for the entire day though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so glad to hears you had some success! Well done! You've worked so hard at this.

I don't have any magic advice (I wish I did!) but all I can suggest is to persist with what you did to improve things before.

In a few months time he'll cope with just one nap a day and it is so much easier then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im trying but he is currently crying every time i put him down. Wont tolerate being worn. So we are back to those newborn days of barely being able to get food etc & leaving him to SCREAM just so i can use the bathroom. Not fun.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I honestly cant remember what routine I had when the babies were that age, but I do know they would sometimes miss a nap once or twice, but they would catch it up the next day, or sleep a bit longer at night. one good two hour sleep is great. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Im trying but he is currently crying every time i put him down. Wont tolerate being worn. So we are back to those newborn days of barely being able to get food etc & leaving him to SCREAM just so i can use the bathroom. Not fun.
    No that's not fun at all. Do you think he could be crying because he's in pain or uncomfortable in some way? I can't remember whether he had any health issues at all? You know him best so I'm sure you've considered all these things. I really wish I could help.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Just wondering, now he's a little older, is there any chance that he's bored or under stimulated?

I know it's harder to put DS down on hot days when I try and keep him inside all day and he doesn't get to do anything new or interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    Just wondering, now he's a little older, is there any chance that he's bored or under stimulated?

I know it's harder to put DS down on hot days when I try and keep him inside all day and he doesn't get to do anything new or interesting.
    Quite possible, we haven't been out much lately cause it never seems to stop raining these days & i dont drive yet so walking/public transport in the rain with a pram just sucks.

And now theres a massive rain depression & a cyclone further north so i guess theres no reprieve from the weather any time soon.

Im struggling to find enough stuff to do with him at home all the time. The mosquitos are vicious so its hard to even go out in the backyard. He basically plays in his activity centre or we play with toys on his playmat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is he teething?