+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mothers group?

Hi,
    Just wondering about a mother's group?
    I'm a first time mum and I have a 9wk old boy. My partner thinks it would be beneficial for me to join a mother's group so I have someone to talk to, but I have no idea where to start.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Contact your local child health centre and ask them about parenting groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did, but it seemed like all the mums who will be attending their class have babies who are younger than mine - like they are brand new mums. I was kinda hoping to join something with other mums who babies are around the age.
    But not to worry, I'm joining a mums and bubs fitness class so will hopefully make a friend there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Don't be too picky. 2 months difference won't be that big a deal in a few months. Slight differences like that worked well for my mums group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mothers group?

Really your bub is almost a newborn too. A couple weeks age gap isn't going to make a difference as they can't interact with each other anyway. This is more for you as it is them and I would suggest going anyway. I have friends who's bubbas are 4 months when mine is 9 months and it's no problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are still a new mum with a newborn. My ds is the youngest in my mums grp by 7 weeks. It may feel like a massive age gap but in reality its not. My mums grp has nearly been going for 2 yrs now and we and the kiddies are all best of friends. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mothers group picked up a few randoms through walking groups & mums/bub's exercise groups. They somehow missed out on the group organised through the child health centre, so we invited them to our group, so that's definately an opportunity to meet some new mums (we have 2 dads too!)
    Join a playgroup?
    Go to rhyme time at the library?
    Swimming lessons?