+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much do you wear your rings/Rhodium plating

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how often you wear your white gold engagement and wedding rings? Do you wear them constantly or take them off at certain times etc? How often do you get the rhodium re-done and how soon after purchasing a ring would you expect to see rhodium wearing off?

I'll come back later with the story as to why I'm asking but let's just say my very expensive 7 week old wedding rings rhodium has started to wear off and the sales assistant gave me a questionable reason as to why.

Looking forward to hearing about your rings.

TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How much do you wear your rings/Rhodium plating

I take them off in the evenings when I start tidying up the kitchen and do not put them back on again until morning. My hands swell when I sleep so I find it uncomfortable to wear them in bed. I'll take them off when I wash my hands if I'm some place where I can set them safely, water gets trapped behind my engagement setting and I find it annoying. Take them off when swimming as I get paranoid about loosing some of the tiny diamonds.

Mine don't look like they need to be 're-dipped,' I'd never even thought of it! I'll ask our jeweler when we're back in Melb in March if he thinks I need to but I think they look fine. I've never done it and have had the engagement ring (which was from an antique auction) for 4 years and my wedding ring for 3.

I wear them all day everyday besides the above.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 17-02-2015 at 23:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear my white gold rings all the time and last had them rhodium plated um... About 4 years ago 😳. They are starting to go slightly yellow gold but still not too bad.
    This reminds me I should go and get them done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear mine all the time and only remove if im doing something grotty with my hands or swimming! They still look amazing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear mine all day at work, generally take them off at home when im making dinner or cleaning up etc.

The rhodium plating should last you 6 - 12 months depending on how rough you are with your rings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I've worn mine almost constantly for nearly 12 years and have had them re-dipped twice. They probably need doing again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I NEVER take mine off. They need to be dipped every year, though realistically they don't last long, I could easily get it done every 3-6 months they go grey that often. In fact I've always questioned the quality of my white gold. The 3 diamonds I know their quality as I have a certificate, but the white hold does concern me.

Eagerly awaiting your update OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only wear my wedding band now but when I wore together it came off where they rubbed. I don't wear it at home so doesn't get wet etc. redipped twice in 7 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore mine all the time - gardening, washing dishes, every hands-on thing I did. The underside would go yellowish and a little bit scratchy, but the top would stay nice and shiny, so I would only get mine re-plated once a year/18 months.

That's what I love about white gold...for $35 you get a brand new (looking) ring every year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so curious about my ring now! I've seriously never noticed that it needs to be dipped but now I'm wondering if it does and it's just my untrained eye that thinks it looks fine.