+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Geez I wish I could find a landlord like you, I have applied for so many places but don't stand a chance against the couples.. Also a single mum of 4, I just want somewhere to live..
    Where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Legally a tenant is not liable to pay any bank fees in regards to paying their rent - so obviously Id say the bank or centrelink charge .99 per transaction which would have to be covered by you
    What if the rent is paid late, are the Tenants liable to pay the dishonour fee?
    We had our rent direct debit'd a day late because for some reason the RE took our the rent on the right day, then put it back in on he same day? Then said that it wasn't taken out? (even though it clearly showed on my back statement that it had), but they took it out a second time the next day, which resulted in us apparently having to pay a $30 late dishonour fee to the landlord?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Renting house out- first timers

Yes bounced cheque or direct debit fees if it was their fault ( no money in account) the tenant has to pay but they just can't be charged bank fees to pay the actual rent

If you have a direct debit and there is no money in the account the bank automatically draws against the account then realises there is no money and puts it back so to speak so maybe that's why your statement shows it going out the back in?
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 18-02-2015 at 13:19.